Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How many of you are hunters....??  (Read 17367 times)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
How many of you are hunters....??
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »

Nice to see this dine...!!!
Way to go Rodney ;D

So How may hunters do we have here...I started fishing with my Dad around 5-6 years old...He taught me to shoot at the age of 8 and started hunting at 10...have hunted ever since...mainly moose and deer with the odd bear thrown in....

I have found that most hunters are also fishermen and vice versa...what about you....???

Mike aka moosefinder

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: How many of you are hunters....??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »

Searun has tried to talk me into going out with him a few times, and I would like to.  Just haven't gotten around to getting the permits just yet.  But maybe someday!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »

love to hunt waterfowl mostly, theres nothing like that sounds when duck hits the ground
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

tnt

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »

I Kill some stuff on a regular basis if given the chance, its duck season for now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »

aYup!  ;D
First and foremost passion! Was in deer & elk camps at age 4, handed a rifle at age 10 and told to "fill yer boots". Been doing so for over 35 years now.
Have hunted waterfowl, upland birds (still desperately miss pheasants!) and big game in many varied locations from the Arctic down through Western Canada & the States, and Africa. Now living on The Rock, I've become chiefly a slayer of larger game, and usually make a couple of pilgrimages to our North Country, or points East (Alberta & Saskatchewan) annually. Couldn't make that this year, but already planning next  ;) Managed a couple of fine eatin' black-tails on the Island, but that simply didn't provide the fix chasing elk, moose or canny whitetails does.

Fishing has always been a secondary call for me. But the hunting season only lasts so long, and a guy's gotta do something to fill in the gaps between them  :D

Like the new to the Forum Rod

Cheers,
Nog

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:06:17 PM »

hows the duck hunting been for you thomas? me and dusty have done well when we've gone out. havent had too much time though with his school.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:27 PM »

Have for 50 plus years mostly waterfowl but used to have wonderful hunts for blue grouse around Chemainus as well as deer.

It was good to get out for a deer again after getting the last one 30 years ago.

The 4 point from up Clinton way this year sure makes for some nice eating and could make a interesting journal one day, when time permits. ::)

Thanks Rodney for Hunters Cabin, a great title. ;D

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 05:25:36 PM »

You know it! Had a pretty slow year, deer didn't seem to be sticking to their traditional areas all that well due to a dry summer and short grass. Managed to get one though. Time to look for new spots, anyone  ;D?

nosey

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:52 AM »

I've had a hunting license every year since I was 14 so that's 43 so far, in my opinion there is hardly anything as much fun as sneaking up on something all day when you don't have a clue where it is, which is how I do my blacktail hunting. I'm happy to see this addition to FWR.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »

I have been thinking about it for the last couple years. Dont have anything so I would have to find out everything I need and learn I guess. Sounds like fun though. I love the taste of deer and moose so it would be worth it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 06:27:44 PM »

Yes, great eating, sure enjoying the deer I got this year.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 08:18:34 PM »

I have got all the books and a teacher in searun  ;D , just need the time to write the exames. Love the taste of wild game but love the outdoors even more. Better get it soon though because I am sure that searun is getting tired of me saying "this year yes definatly this year" .  ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »

Used to go a lot more then recently..moving to Washington it's sad down here hunting wise..I'm in the process of getting my b.c. hunting license..(no you can't ask how)...not a trophy hunter but got a nice bear on my wall and a few antelopes...I trying to hook up the time off for some moose and elk..best meat around...all comes down to getting the time off though and that's been my biggest hinderence....been out on the flats for ducks too...good feathers for the fly tying.. ;D

Grub

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:40:30 PM »

Great to see a Hunting section!

Big game is my fav but I hunt waterfowl quite a alot.
not cool enough for a banner

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »

didn't see the forum till today, dont forget me guys!  Big game only, no girly bird hunting for me!
Fish killer 101