Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Breakins !!  (Read 20896 times)

one more cast

Re: Vedder River Breakins !!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »

I don't understand why the police haven't set up a bait car in these high crime areas...
just catch a few and it will make a big difference because a lot of break ins are from the same handful of scumbags.

Steve

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »

I don't understand why the police haven't set up a bait car in these high crime areas...
just catch a few and it will make a big difference because a lot of break ins are from the same handful of scumbags.

Steve

Bait cars won't work. These guys arn't stealing cars, they are simply taking things inside of them. If they smash a window of a bait car nothing will happen unless the police are just out of sight waiting for an alarm or something  >:(

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

When they come up and smash your window it just means their really desperate to get drugs. They are less concerned about getting caught and more concerned about getting crack or whatever. The breakins will stop and you know they have been caught or overdosed or drowned on vomit etc. :P
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Colorado Grinner

• never enough
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

Paint ball gun,drop a couple rubber balls in the hopper,and a couple ink balls.
There marked as thieves for everyone to see.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:55:32 PM »

Nice.... I wonder if they could bust you for shooting them with paint balls..  ??? 

I know that if you beat them up, shoot em with a sling shot etc it could be assault but the paintball gun is an interestign idea  ;D 

Where do you want to set up fort  ;D

boscheefish

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »

.......i like it  ;D
long live the vedder

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 11:47:45 PM »

Chilliwack Progress
Vedder fishermen warned of vehicle break-ins

By Jennifer Feinberg - Chilliwack Progress

Published: September 08, 2008 6:00 PM A recreational fishing website is reporting a spate of vehicle break-ins in Chilliwack along the Vedder River.

One poster at FishingwithRod.com wrote about being broken into at Wilson Road in Yarrow, and was warning other anglers about it. Another said he was hit by thieves along the Vedder at Tamihi and the rail bridge.

RCMP Const. Lea-Anne Dunlop confirmed there was one break-in incident called in to police on Sunday. Stolen items included a blue cooler, a black and red bag with fishing gear in it and a digital camera, she said.

“We know that recreational areas along the river are often targeted by thieves since fishermen often park and then go fishing for the day,” said the officer.

The best prevention is not leaving any valuables behind, and removing registration documents and other papers with personal information like an address on them.

Anyone with information about the incident or the stolen items is asked to call Chilliwack RCMP.

jfeinberg@theprogress.com

4x4

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:23:02 AM »

Chilliwack Progress

Published: September 08, 2008 6:00 PM A recreational fishing website is reporting a spate of vehicle break-ins in Chilliwack along the Vedder River.

One poster at FishingwithRod.com wrote about being broken into at Wilson Road in Yarrow, and was warning other anglers about it. Another said he was hit by thieves along the Vedder at Tamihi and the rail bridge.

RCMP Const. Lea-Anne Dunlop confirmed there was one break-in incident called in to police on Sunday. Stolen items included a blue cooler, a black and red bag with fishing gear in it and a digital camera, she said.

“We know that recreational areas along the river are often targeted by thieves since fishermen often park and then go fishing for the day,” said the officer.

The best prevention is not leaving any valuables behind, and removing registration documents and other papers with personal information like an address on them.

Anyone with information about the incident or the stolen items is asked to call Chilliwack RCMP.

As with so many paper articles this one is not quite accurate. The constable I spoke with said there were numerous break-ins along the Vedder up to that point in the am. Also we did not lose a digital camera. The gear bag was basically empty since we had our gear with us.

I'm glad to see that at least the papers are on top of this so others can be aware.

How did the papers know about this? Chris?

Shooter

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »

Nice.... I wonder if they could bust you for shooting them with paint balls..  ??? 

I know that if you beat them up, shoot em with a sling shot etc it could be assault but the paintball gun is an interestign idea  ;D 

Where do you want to set up fort  ;D

they can definately bust you for all of those things but if they happen to 'fall' a couple of times its really not your fault!

gheart008

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:35 AM »

Steve

Bait cars won't work. These guys arn't stealing cars, they are simply taking things inside of them. If they smash a window of a bait car nothing will happen unless the police are just out of sight waiting for an alarm or something  >:(

They still would since they would be caught on camera as they go through your stuff.

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »

Guy's you all need to be very very careful.  If it's anything like in the UK, these scumbags will press charges for assault and and claim damages and you will be the ones ending up with criminal records.  Not that I'm condoning vigilante action, but yes I'd like to see them get their 'just deserts' as much as anyone, especially as more than likely they'll get off in the courts.  So if you do perchance happen on those concerned, then really watch your backs and leave no 'evidence'.

nkj

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

Guy's you all need to be very very careful.  If it's anything like in the UK, these scumbags will press charges for assault and and claim damages and you will be the ones ending up with criminal records.  Not that I'm condoning vigilante action, but yes I'd like to see them get their 'just deserts' as much as anyone, especially as more than likely they'll get off in the courts.  So if you do perchance happen on those concerned, then really watch your backs and leave no 'evidence'.

True, however there'll be not much to identify if one is wearing a balaclava. 

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »

You can be traced if they see your car/truck registration plates in the vicinity etc.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 09:09:13 PM »

Chilliwack Progress

As with so many paper articles this one is not quite accurate. The constable I spoke with said there were numerous break-ins along the Vedder up to that point in the am. Also we did not lose a digital camera. The gear bag was basically empty since we had our gear with us.

I'm glad to see that at least the papers are on top of this so others can be aware.

How did the papers know about this? Chris?

A number of newspapers read this forum. ;D ;D

baited breath

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »

Someone should break into their red Cutlass when they see it parked outside of a crack shack for the afternoon.  Replace all their pipes with Maple Leaf Drennans.  They should get the message  ;D