Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Canal Riparian zone 4X4  (Read 16518 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Vedder Canal Riparian zone 4X4
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:14:07 PM »

These photos were taken by Chris today at Keith Wilson Bridge.

An email accompanied by these photos were sent to minister of Environment Barry Penner:

Hi Barry,

Today when driving over the Keith Wilson Bridge I noticed a lot of 4 wheelers driving in the riparian zone along the Vedder Canal. If you examine the photo you can see the damage they are creating. I will contact the Conservation officers here in Chilliwack and see what type of action they can do to prevent this from happening in the future. As well there was a lot of motorcycles and all terrain vehicles as well in the area with very young people at the wheel which would be a RCMP matter. This section of the Vedder is under Abbotsford jurisdiction.

Regards,

Chris

There was a tragic story to this as well, you may notice the small Border collie in the photo about 5 seconds after the one photo I took the driver ran over and killed his own dog,  a very upsetting scene to say the least. :(

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Canal Riparian zone 4X4
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »

Horrible. >:(

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 09:50:32 PM »

Im speechles. :-\ :'(
[

Pantharen

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 10:15:16 PM »

I dont like to see that type of carnage. However that area has been a 4x4 carnage zone for years. I remember as a kid in the 70's we use to hit that area with the dune buggies & baja bugs. At the time I thought it was fun, now as an adult I saw that it was irresponsible.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »

It was never ripped up like that 3 months ago when I was last down there in Coho season.  :o

Pantharen

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »

It was never ripped up like that 3 months ago when I was last down there in Coho season.  :o

3 months ago we didn't have the rain like we've had this month. Look at the mud bog east of the Keith Wilson bridge, every summer the clowns are out there trying to bury thier trucks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 10:29:09 PM »

They love the mud and water. ??? There was a tow truck there, most likely making a fortune. ::)

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 10:37:15 PM »

>:(  :'(

They should charge them with animal abuse too. He has absolutely no control over that dog while he is in the vehicle driving like a maniac. Some people should not be allowed to have pets (or drivers license...).

Pantharen

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 11:11:19 PM »

>:(  :'(

They should charge them with animal abuse too. He has absolutely no control over that dog while he is in the vehicle driving like a maniac. Some people should not be allowed to have pets (or drivers license...).

regardless of the country, a dumbass redneck, is still a dumbass redneck

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »

It appears from these photos that this area is on the side of the dyke AWAY from the river.  i.e. there is a huge hill between this and the river.  Is my oberservation correct?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

The river is actually to the right side of these photos. Closer to Hwy 1 bridge there is more hill between the dirt road than that of KWB.
However, during heavy rain those muddy water will get wash into the river.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 11:56:10 AM »

regardless of the country, a dumbass redneck, is still a dumbass redneck
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Amen to that!!!

James

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

Stupid area to 4x4 in , they are just tryin to look cool , then they will drive into town all covered in mud and then embelish there story to sound as if they were on a hardcore trail up in the mountains  ::)
People(that are not "posers") that are into the sport/hobby of offroad will all tell you you the same . This gives a bad reputation to the responsible people of the hobby , who drive where they are supposed to , on designated areas/trails .
Sickens me that the dog was killed . What is wrong with people !!

rivan

• The most fun you can have with your boots on!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 01:51:53 PM »

That brings a silly country song to mind when I look at those photos,  Well the Chev got stuck and Ford got stuck, but the Chev un-stuck when the Dodge showed up, but the Dodge got stuck in the tractor rut, witch eventually pulled out the Ford (with some difficulty)  lol
I think its Corb Lund that sings it......funny song

You're absolutely right James,  "REAL" 4x4 enthusiasts have a much higher respect for the trails they are using.  I had an older GMC truck heavily modified and I have gone on many trail rides as well as trail clearing trips.  If you go to www.bc4x4.com forum or www.island4x4.com forum,  you will find the organized trail rides are all trails that are open for 4x4s.  There are a lot more trips planned out to clear the trails of rubbish and debris than just to get the trucks stuck in the mud.

Feel bad for the dog......probably in a much better place now, if the pictures show any hint of how he was cared for by the 4x4 guy.

Point of m post is that real 4x4 enthusiasts are much more responsible than the disgusting display these clowns are showcasing.....And that looks like the area I was assigned to clean a week and a half ago.

Tight lines
Real anglers dont bring beer

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 09:16:57 PM »

On sat I drove down by that area and saw 4 trucks stuck in mud up to their doors.Half an hour later i see the farmers 4x4 tractor coming down the dyke to pull them out.Hope the farmer charged them alot to get them out.I got a laugh when one of the retards yelled at me and called me a p****y for not going into the mud with my 4x4.I told myself.....yah i want to beat on my truck today and wrench on it all sun....wife sure would be happy too!!!So i saluted him and laughed really hard as he fell face first out of his truck....thought he might catch me or something.
Too bad about the dog as i see a lot of people running their hounds along the dyke.
Please honey can i go fishing now???