Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Canal Riparian zone 4X4  (Read 16522 times)

cblock

Re: Vedder Canal Riparian zone 4X4
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 09:35:47 PM »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh wow, i think i split my gut i was laughing so hard.

quite honestly, the only reason we may have come across so brash, is because of the finger pointing that was started in the first place.

robszuki has a very good point, we should all work together on this.
now if you wanna get the rcmp involved, fine, but as we clean our plates, lights and windows, the rest of you will be getting breathalizers. lmao.
hahah..
oh and MOST of the garbage, is done by partying teens, on a friday nights, WITH THIER TWO WHEEL DRIVE CARS

lakahahahman

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 09:51:36 PM »

A 4x4 vehicle after being driven hard, bottoming out and etc is damaged.

so you are saying because i drive my truck hard in the mud that it is damaged ???????

bottoming out does not damage anything that is gonna leak if it did then i guess every lowered Honda in town should leak after it hits a speedbump

and if my truck did get damaged to the point of leaking oil all over or antifreeze or other liquids for that matter

i do happen to carry in my truck environmental oil absorbing pads

DO YOU

so are you telling me your truck does not leak anything or any other fishermans truck down there parked all day not overnight but all day dawn to dusk so a fishermans vehicle dripping all day is different than a offroaders vehicle dripping for a few minutes while he waits to get pulled out

fisherman and 4x4 guy

and i dont wine when other fisher guys leave line and tackle all over the place

i just pick it up and throw it away

no international incident

Stone

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »

So, I guess if you guys freak out this much from a few trucks ripping through the mud beside the Vedder, you'd probably have an absolute hissy fit seeing many trucks rip through the mud at the Stave, right?  ;D  After all, those mud holes are under lake water when the water is high.  I don't think these guys really did anything to desrve the amount of bashing that they've received.

cblock

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2006, 10:08:25 PM »

thank you stone, very well put

Stone

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 10:20:55 PM »

i just wanted to keep this all in the right perspective.  The way this thread was sounding, those guys wheeling were causing the demise of ecosystems on the Vedder Canal...a man-made structure built to divert the flow of the Chilliwack River when they drained Sumas Lake on a land reclamation project not that long ago.  ::) ::) ???

And I think that the idea of working together is an EXCELLENT one.  Wheelers and fishermen both use public land for their recreation, and the people who want it all closed down are just jumping up and down with glee when they see us working against each other.  It just makes what they want to do easier.  I love wheeling, and I love fishing.  I want to be able to continue doing both until I'm physically unable to do so.

Pantharen

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 10:34:40 PM »

So where are these responsible 4x4ers, it sure as hell aint on this forum.
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?s=af02c294aeb79237a615dc806e5fa0a3&threadid=85560 this looks like to me a bunch of people ripping the  Stave Lake without a small bit of respect for the enviorment.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 10:37:51 PM by Rodney »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 10:40:29 PM »

Enough fingerpointing, name calling, generalizing each group. Thread locked. I have some thoughts that I wish to post (nothing too scary ;) ) but will wait until I finish relaxing. Once that's done, you're welcome to email me to discuss further on future possible cooperation and stewardship.