Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortunate Again On The Vedder, Jan.3, 2006  (Read 10064 times)

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Fortunate Again On The Vedder, Jan.3, 2006
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2006, 07:13:42 PM »

Nice fish Chris, willing to share that lucky horseshoe you got? Nothing for me again today. ;D Fished lots of nice seams all day and didnt see or hear of anything. My rolling from a unbelievable Coho season has come to a crashing end sort of like the Canucks record with these 2 trips.. 8)
Put you know what logo on the drennan. ;D ;D ;D
Now now Chris, why would I want to do that? You know I put Riverside Fly & Tackles one's on my floats. ;D That's so when I break them off you can retrieve them and know who's they are for the rightful return to owner. 8)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2006, 08:13:15 PM »

Chris, don't worry about guys that don't enjoy your posts.  Skilled steelheaders should never worry about these details being revealed.  They will catch their fair share no matter what other fishermen do or don't do.  No one spot can produce daily, and not too many spots are truly that much secret anymore these days. It is a lot more fun also to find your own hot spots as the river changes every year.

The other day I took Dan the Man to one of my so called 'ultra secret' spot and promised him a fair chance for a hook up.  There was no car in sight, so you think no one will be in the spot which is heavily shielded by trees up to the bank.  Well, to our surprise, a guy was fishing it and he was a local resident who thinks his spot was utterly secret too, only to see us rolling in.  Well, Dan had a good dip of the float there, so at least the spot gave him some excitement if not a fish.  I will say,  just post what you want and enjoy it as we enjoy your posting.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 08:15:14 PM by funfish »

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2006, 08:46:10 PM »

Way to go Chris,save some steel for us eh.
Time to load the pellet gun........i'll sink that dam leafs float.... ;D ;D ;)
Please honey can i go fishing now???

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

Finally got around to getting my new password so im not just a lurker anymore. ;D

Chris i really enjoy reading your Steelhead and other adventures.
I hope that you are saving all of them because it would sure make for a good read to look at them all in a book form.

Hope to get up that way this week and get my first of the year.
Looking forward to more of your reports and will hopefully have a few myself in the near future. ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2006, 10:54:59 PM »

Dont worry about the canucks...once they make a trade or fire coach things will get back to normal. hahahah that picture is funny..and true!!
weeeeeeeeeow!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2006, 11:29:43 PM »

Chris I have not met you yet on the river but since we both know Helmut and Mavis I'm sure we'll meet soon. Being a Leafs fan one my brothers back east sent me this last year and I thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

Good one and thanks for posting it. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2006, 11:31:02 PM »

Finally got around to getting my new password so im not just a lurker anymore. ;D

Chris i really enjoy reading your Steelhead and other adventures.
I hope that you are saving all of them because it would sure make for a good read to look at them all in a book form.

Hope to get up that way this week and get my first of the year.
Looking forward to more of your reports and will hopefully have a few myself in the near future. ;)
Welcome aboard and we all will look forward to your posts here on FWR.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2006, 12:36:31 AM »

Chris I have not met you yet on the river but since we both know Helmut and Mavis I'm sure we'll meet soon. Being a Leafs fan one my brothers back east sent me this last year and I thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

Good one and thanks for posting it. ;D ;D

Make Me Laugh fans on drugs. We now have conclusive evidence that they are totally out of touch with reality. Undefeated season ?? ;D ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2006, 12:44:15 AM »

I guess we have to admit every team during the 2004-2005 season were undefeated as they did not play. ;D ;D What are you doing up at this hour FA? I was late getting back from badminton and I just did up the roe from today's fish and tied some more roe sacks for tomorrow.

I notice it is now 12:43 around 7 hours to fishing time although raining hard now but temp. about 5 out so river should still be ok in the morning.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2006, 12:52:58 AM »

What are you doing up at this hour FA?

Deciding where I should go fishing tomorrow err. I mean today.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 01:28:49 AM »

still up gettin bait ready for next few days..... went out and dumped a schwack o cash on a good digi cam today , er, yesterday rather, after fishing.. hopefully will get to put it to use.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2006, 07:32:55 AM »

Right on
weeeeeeeeeow!

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

nice fish/story it felt like I was there
small fish in a big river

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 07:52:47 AM »

Nice read Chris. What type of reel is that ?

More importantly, you guys should be asking, "Chris, what's that big black crusty thing on your cork?" :-X ;D Can you tell that Chris likes to use bait? ;)
You are suppose to look at the Leaf logo not the cork. As well you will make me unpopular with some of the FBC guys on this bait thing but of course they do not know who I am there. ;D ;D ;D

Chris not all of use from fishbc are fly chuckers. There is a far amount of bait in my bag when I hit the flow.

I enjoy your reports very much. I have a hard time with guys not reporting their catches and adventures it is what the sport is all about. Keep up the great work........ We just need to get you to stop with the leaf talk! ;) go nucks go

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »

:) Thanks for the read! most enjoyable Chris
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles