Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortunate Again On The Vedder, Jan.3, 2006  (Read 10065 times)

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Fortunate Again On The Vedder, Jan.3, 2006
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »

im gonna try this little hockey team logo thing maybe some luck will come??? But to bad its gonna be CANUCKS ;D

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 04:02:29 PM »

im gonna try this little hockey team logo thing maybe some luck will come??? But to bad its gonna be CANUCKS ;D

The team itself needs luck!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »

I hope FA and Big Steel notice the Leaf logo on the top of the drennan in the picture. ;D Blue and white combined with the red top look great on each drift. I am sure birdman will enjoy his as well even though I believe is a Red Wing logo.  ;D ;D

I'm 0 for 1 in 2006. Perhaps you can send me one of your Leaf drennan floats. I might switch team allegiance if it works. ;D

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 04:09:43 PM »

Great report Chris, congrats. on the beautiful fish. You may want to ask Buckeye who the master is now ;D

allwaysfishin

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »

saw my float dip 3 times today and nothin.... geesh the river is flowin strong.... but visibility is good and just like i like it.
on the 4th float down, the hook sets and the short battle is on, the steelhead is flippin and darting through the boulders of upper tamahi. I fight it within 25 yards of the bridge and just when i think it's done, my rod meets up with one of those pesky kayaker cables and ...... well... i don't want to talk about it... but i didn't land the fish. will be on the river for the next 5 days straight, so far the score is steelhead= 2 (got free), me= 5
(2hatch/3wild) in 9 outings. sizing up to be a decent year so far

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »

Nice read Chris. What type of reel is that ?

More importantly, you guys should be asking, "Chris, what's that big black crusty thing on your cork?" :-X ;D Can you tell that Chris likes to use bait? ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 04:55:56 PM »

Nice read Chris. What type of reel is that ?

More importantly, you guys should be asking, "Chris, what's that big black crusty thing on your cork?" :-X ;D Can you tell that Chris likes to use bait? ;)
You are suppose to look at the Leaf logo not the cork. As well you will make me unpopular with some of the FBC guys on this bait thing but of course they do not know who I am there. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »

I hope FA and Big Steel notice the Leaf logo on the top of the drennan in the picture. ;D Blue and white combined with the red top look great on each drift. I am sure birdman will enjoy his as well even though I believe is a Red Wing logo.  ;D ;D

I'm 0 for 1 in 2006. Perhaps you can send me one of your Leaf drennan floats. I might switch team allegiance if it works. ;D
Wow I never thought I would hear that. Soon you will be typing rolling, roll.................... ;D ;D ;D with each Leaf win. PM your address to me and one will be in the mail tomorrow. I have one sitting right by the computer and it probabley is one you lost anyway. ;D

The Master just called and he got a nice one today, around a 14 pound wild.

The reel is a Grice and Young, from Christchurch, Dorset England. My dad got it right from the factory when he was  there in the early 80's. He also got another one similar on another trip that 2:40 has. They are simple and very enjoyable to play a fish on especially in the conditions I faced today. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:11:40 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 05:40:17 PM »

Thanks for posting the pictures Rodney. I hope FA and Big Steel notice the Leaf logo on the top of the drennan in the picture. ;D Blue and white combined with the red top look great on each drift. I am sure birdman will enjoy his as well even though I believe is a Red Wing logo.  ;D ;D
Nice fish Chris and there'll be pictures of my float to come. How come you always catch all the steelhead ;D.
Thank you. I have just been lucky so far and I soon will go into a dry spell as it happens every year. There is certainly a lot of anglers out there that do way better than me but they choose, and I respect them for it but they like to keep their success to themselves.

Some people question and are critical of me posting info on catchs, water conditions and the pictures that sometimes will even give away a particular spot. I do it for a couple of reasons, I enjoy writing the fishing journal and I try to give tips in these stories that I have learnt from top rods like Nick. The hope is by giving some pointers in my writing along with photo's, the reader can learn tricks, that I hope can help young anglers like you birdman and others that may be starting out in the pursuit of steelhead a bit of a leg up. I want everyone to enjoy the art of fishing like I have for the last 55 plus years. We of course all enjoy just being out fishing but is more enjoyable when we can hook the odd fish, especially a steelhead.

I will continue to write and take those that wish I didn't go into so much detail on this web page in stride. At my age life is too short to worry. I can't wait until tomorrow to get back out on the Vedder and be able to write on FWR, what I hope is another interesting story for you, in my pursuit of the fabled steelhead, to me the king of all gamefish.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:39:19 PM by chris gadsden »

blueback

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »

Beauty fish Chris, nice work; congratulations!! Couldn't wish it on a nicer guy! And by the way, we all know that it's more than just luck; ya gotta be good to be lucky (even a Maple Leaf)! See ya on the flow!!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 06:29:55 PM »

Thanks for posting the pictures Rodney. I hope FA and Big Steel notice the Leaf logo on the top of the drennan in the picture. ;D Blue and white combined with the red top look great on each drift. I am sure birdman will enjoy his as well even though I believe is a Red Wing logo.  ;D ;D
Nice fish Chris and there'll be pictures of my float to come. How come you always catch all the steelhead ;D.
Thank you. I have just been lucky so far and I soon will go into a dry spell as it happens every year. There is certainly a lot of anglers out there that do way better than me but they choose, and I respect them for it but they like to keep their success to themselves.

Some people question and are critical of me posting info on catchs, water conditions and the pictures that sometimes will give away a particular spot. I do it for a couple of reasons, I enjoy writing the fishing journal and I try to give tips in them that I have learned from top rods like Nick. The hope is by giving some pointers in my writing along with photo's, the reader can learn tips, that I hope can help young anglers like you and others starting out in the pursuit of steelhead a bit of a leg up. I want everyone to enjoy the art of fishing like I have for the last 55 plus years. We all enjoy just being out fishing but is more enjoyable when we can hook the odd fish especially a steelhead.

I will continue to write and take those that wish I didn't spread the word on the net in stride. At my age life is too short to worry. I can't wait to tomorrow to get back out there and be able to write on FWR, what I hope is another interesting story for you, in the pursuit of the fabled steelhead, to me the king of all gamefish.

well said Chris
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 06:33:35 PM »

Just keep doing what you're doing Chris. Enjoy your fishing journal.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »

Excellent job Chris!!  Very impressed!!  Wish I could gave been there to see that!!  But, I was all over the river with Biff today!!  We got no love!!  Started around Peach road, then worked about 7 or 8 spots all the way up to the Ranger!!  Then came back dwon and tried around Bergman!!  Nothing, didn't here of any either!!  So it was nice to see you getting into another one ;)  Guess I will go back out tomorrow!!  After that though, it is back to work!!  :'( For 2 days, then back out fishing for the weekend!! ;D ;D  While this is again #799, I will hogefully get this jinx I put on myself off tomorrow!!  Till then, great job, and See you on the river! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

Nice fish Chris, willing to share that lucky horseshoe you got? Nothing for me again today. ;D Fished lots of nice seams all day and didnt see or hear of anything. My rolling from a unbelievable Coho season has come to a crashing end sort of like the Canucks record with these 2 trips.. 8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 07:00:11 PM by Trout Slayer »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »

Nice fish Chris, willing to share that lucky horseshoe you got? Nothing for me again today. ;D Fished lots of nice seams all day and didnt see or hear of anything. My rolling from a unbelievable Coho season has come to a crashing end sort of like the Canucks record with these 2 trips.. 8)
Put you know what logo on the drennan. ;D ;D ;D