Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis???  (Read 14374 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Chehalis???
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »

I was just speaking about what I do to proove a point. I know you are new and by the sounds of it you want to make a difference. I am sure you will be there at a cleanup and do what you can. I am speaking about allot of the internet fishermen that complain. Allot of them have been around for quite sometime and dont do squat.....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 08:53:18 PM »

Chris I totally respect that the organizations are there to protect our fishery.  I am also VERY appreciative of this fact.  If I could doante I would, and will in the future.  I have nothing but repsect for all of you here.  As I said though, I am just trying to do what I can with what I have got to do it with.  That's means that I will help out other fisherman or would be fisherman whenever I can.  Whether that be helping them to understand fishing techniques, or helping them with there car or whatever.  If I can get some to make there voices heard, then at least that is something.  Hell, if I can get my voice heard then that would be something.  If I have to send a few emails, write a few letters then that is what I will do, cleaning up the river, yup.  Whatever I can do I am trying to do it.  I am always up for some suggestions as well.  I am sure that there are plenty of them.  ;D ;D
 Don't know what else to say, probably said to much already!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 09:00:42 PM »

eddie the only thing that I am new to is this site.  I have probably spent more time on the rivers than a lot of the people here.  I do clean up after myself and tons of others everytime I am on the river. Not just when there is a big river clean up day.   I do make a difference out on the river, in various ways.  Come fishing with me and you will see that.  If people around me need help, I help. If there is crap around me where I am fishing, then it magically appears in my vest when I make it back to the truck.  So, no I am not trying to make a difference.  I am making a difference, even if it is a small one!! ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2005, 09:03:35 PM »

Big Steel. A lot of what you are talking about IS and HAs been tackled by a number of the organizations that I mentioned in my post above.

The work the SDA has been doing the last few years paid off with a lot of increased enforcement this year by FOC on the Fraser River. Granted a lot more has to be done but it takes time and remember the people (volunteers) doing the work are doing the best they can. Also keep in mind most of them have nothing to gain other than the opportunity to protect their fishing opporunities and the fish for the future.

I know you just joined this forum a short time ago and may not know of all the work that has gone on the last few years, actually 21 when the Fraser Valley Salmon Society was formed and got the Fraser River open again for the retention of adult chinooks. You may wish to go to the FVSS web site to read their history.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and the more letters you can write to the different levels of Government the better. You also may wish to join some fishing groups in the future to help accomplish the goals you seek.

Did we every get away from the topic Chehalis. ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 09:33:22 PM by chris gadsden »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 09:43:42 PM »

K so what were we discussing again???? Oh ya the chehalis!!!!!  One question!!!  Do you think that the dfo is going to act in a sufficient enough time to save/restore the hatchery coho before it is to late ??? ??? By saying to late I mean, before it will take 20 years to get a decent hatcery run gong again!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 10:14:27 PM »

I know this year the summer run for Steelhead was not what it once was. Or maybe it was just me......

Belong to the "4 F Club"

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23:24 PM »

Ok boys enough of the B.S...........lETS GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO FISHING!!!!
Please honey can i go fishing now???

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 10:32:19 PM »

Ok boys enough of the B.S...........lETS GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO FISHING!!!!

I wish I could trust me I do. With kids,wife working 12 hours a day I dont have time other than Saturdays....  :(

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 05:12:58 PM »

Well I just sent out my first respectful letter to dfo regarding the Chehalis, don't know if I wll get a reply but I guess that only time will tell!!!!! ;) ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 05:27:05 PM »

Well I just sent out my first respectful letter to dfo regarding the Chehalis, don't know if I wll get a reply but I guess that only time will tell!!!!! ;) ;)
Well done. Let us know if you get a reply.

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2005, 03:04:27 AM »

Nina calls me, Moody Rodney. ;)

Moody Rodney, cranky Rodney.......take your pick  ::)  ;D