Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How was your neighbours when you were BBing?

Met gentlemen and ladies
Screams and Yelling
Garbage Bug
Keeping more than allowed (includes multi dippers)
Has no respect towards other fisherman (long drifts, won't yield to fish on ...)

Author Topic: Experience Encountered While BB  (Read 2941 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Experience Encountered While BB
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:53:56 AM »

Like to find out how your experience was at BBing in this Sockeye opening.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Experience Encountered While BB
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:31:27 PM »

My only complaints go to the guys who 1. Try to get 'their spring' and in the process end up hooking an extra 20 sockeye aong the way and 2. The guys who are too lazy to wear waders and release fish properly. Mind you I only fished 2 days and got my 2 fish and got the hell outta there as fast as possible.
Actions speak louder than words.

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 05:21:09 PM »

Well I've been spending every possible spare second on the Fraser since around March, and have only had a few "incidences" once at Spaghetti bar where I witnessed a fishermen from south of the border yank a sockeye way onto the beach, grab it by it's tail hold it upside down to unhook it, drop it on the rocks, unhook it, then proceed to kick it back into the water. I could feel my blood starting to boil, but I had clients with me so I held back from a good tounge lashing and politely advised this "angler" of the correct way to C&R fish and offered my assistance on any other fish that he caught.

Then last Saturday at Gilligan's, I saw another "angler" whip a pink onto the rocks, stand on the tail unhook the fish, stick his fingers in it' gills to lift it up and ask me if I wanted it because he already had his limit. My hair on my neck was on end and Blood was boiling again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a "no-show" charter and Some other small run ins but nothing too major.

I can't understand people that  pull out a bunch of line out of the water, then take the time wrap it all up nice and neat, then throw it on the ground and leave it on the beach, I just don't get it. ???

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

Well, I am no angel!  I have done some stupid things but I am always learning! I generally learn from watching others and then asking questions!

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:47:13 PM »

oh ya....how bout those guys....that talk and talk and talk....and say...I'm after my spring now......you notice they are using a 15 foot leader?

Most of the folks I saw where good sportsman. The rest....well.....do they ever shut that yap? LOL

All my fishing was done out at the scales by Hope. Was fun few days!

BOB

The Green Horn