Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder,Chehalis,Suicide Creek Nov 2  (Read 8078 times)

TtotheE

Re: Vedder,Chehalis,Suicide Creek Nov 2
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 10:23:36 AM »

Coho,  among other fish, are known to swim after your lure and strike it downstream from where they were holding.  The fish may have bitten the body,  with the hook trailing outside its mouth,  then once the take was felt,  the strike was made thrusting the hook in from the outside.  I've seen hooks outside with spinners,  spoons,  flies,  roe.  Especially with a longer bodied presentation,  such as a spoon where the body is long and the hook(siwash) is long.  The fish didn't bite the hook,  it bit the spinner.  There just happened to be a hook at the end of it.

Nice fish BC.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2004, 11:01:57 AM »

Wow, never mend to stir the pot but since I have  :P

Your right BP, that is a blue fox in it's mouth. Unfortunatly it was the only one I had with me and shortly after that fish I snagged it. The rest of the time I was fishing colorado's under a float.

Actions speak louder than words.

ahans

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2004, 11:24:55 AM »

Thanks for info Biffchan. You are one lucky bugger  ;). I'm so jealous  ;D ;D.

coffeegrinder

• Is it a Coho!, I can't see.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2004, 11:45:07 AM »

IT LOOKS LIKE A LOCAL CANYON ----------------- KEEP THE DESTINATION ON A DOWN LOW KID!OUR RIVERS HAVE ENUFF PRESSURE AS IT IS ALREADY!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2004, 01:12:40 PM »

Nice report biff...dont mind what other "nobs" are saying, if you want to post a map leading us all right to the spot...fly at 'er!

And "coffeegrinder" (a tool commonly implemented by beaks ;) ), lets keep this friendly, referring to Biff as "KID" is a little derogitory don't you think?  His posts seem to present him as a knowledgable and accomplished fisherMAN!

Oliver

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2004, 01:17:51 PM »

IT LOOKS LIKE A LOCAL CANYON ----------------- KEEP THE DESTINATION ON A DOWN LOW KID!OUR RIVERS HAVE ENUFF PRESSURE AS IT IS ALREADY!

He was fishing in the CHEHALIS RIVER!! Just like it said in his post  ::)

Nice fish by the way BC.

coffeegrinder

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2004, 04:14:26 PM »

I was only being derogitory towords the comment from Captian Hook when I asked BC where he was fishing in those pics . No beaking off , just didn't want a responce from someone that had anything to do with my question to Biff C . Sorry  ;)

coffeegrinder

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2004, 04:20:36 PM »

I was also reffering to the first sets of pictures on page one. Oh , and my mistake on the last post. It was Captian Bonk , not Captian Hook . Sorry ;D

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2004, 05:37:15 PM »

I never accused Biffchan of intentionally snagging fish  accidents happen But in my opinion that fish should have been released. Another opinion I have is that if Gooey can't have an intelligent debate about fishing topics then he is a NOB
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2004, 05:41:51 PM »

well, my input is  >   nice pictures, I enjoyed looking at them. thank you

scales

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2004, 05:57:30 PM »

Good job biffchan on your outings ;)
For those fisher that are curious on how salmon attacks a lure, they should check out Charlie White's underwater footage on salmon fishing that was released about 15 years ago.  Hopefully the video will show why the hook are sometime on the outside.  Funny thing happen to me while trolling at Porlier Pass sometime ago where I hooked a spring on the tail.  I wondered how this can be possible since I was trolling in a large body of water.  Sure made the day for the seal that grabbed this salmon. :o

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2004, 06:00:13 PM »

hey Bc one quick question how long was your leader to your coloardo?? ???

Thanks DTM

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2004, 06:09:11 PM »

Always 2 feet or less for any type of float fishing.
Actions speak louder than words.

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2004, 06:23:22 PM »

Biffchan Take no offence to my comment as none was intended . I do enjoy your posts and pictures
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2004, 09:30:22 PM »

Hey flyguy...I defended Biff's action and explained why I would have no problem retaining that fish either. 

You want to have an intelegent dialog...then have one.  Don't throw out a comment like "looks like that fish should have got away twice ", you basically were implying that he kept a snagged fish which you PERSONALLY thought should have been released. 

You never substantiated or justified your position though, just imposed your beliefs on another person.

And then you actually REPEAT your mistake in your last post: "I never accused Biffchan of intentionally snagging fish  accidents happen".  Your still implying that he kept a snagged fish!

You say he wasnt intentionally snagging fish...accidents happen.  Thats where I think you are absolutely wrong.  That fish hit the lure and happened to get the hook outside on the beak.  IMHO a snagged fish has not hit the lure, rather the lure hit the fish.  I am sure Biffs fish HIT the lure and thats good enough for me!