Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Land Act changes  (Read 9298 times)

Roderick

Re: Land Act changes
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2024, 05:32:16 PM »

Amen to that! My further thought on what Roderick said was who is the majority and what makes you (and a few others) think you speak for them?

I don't speak for anyone Ralph. I just don't think that 5% of the population should be allowed the powers of government simply because of their race.  It never works out well.
You shoulda been here yesterday.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2024, 06:57:01 PM »

I don't speak for anyone Ralph. ...

that's a good thing as on this topic nothing you have said makes any sense.

Cheers
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2024, 09:40:56 AM »

If you have Google Earth you can get a plugin that will then display all the FN Reservations in Canada. There is quite a lot of land from the the Cheakamus Mouth into the upper Valley that is reservation land and it is private it is also not Provincial Crown land so not impacted by any changes to the Land Act in this regard.

Do you have a link to the plugin?  I could not find it.

To the best of my knowledge these signs are on Crown Land.  If it was on reserve land I could respect that.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2024, 10:45:53 AM »

the link to the Canada Lands users guide: https://clss.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/clss-satc/pdfs/canada-lands-in-google-earth-en.pdf

install instructions on Pg 11 - they call it an overlay
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2024, 11:11:49 AM »

the link to the Canada Lands users guide: https://clss.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/clss-satc/pdfs/canada-lands-in-google-earth-en.pdf

install instructions on Pg 11 - they call it an overlay

Thanks.  As I mentioned originally the signs are all over the Upper Squamish area.  It's crown land where all the signs are located which was confirmed by the overlay.