Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stolen  (Read 4996 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Stolen
« on: October 15, 2022, 10:44:07 PM »

I'm putting this up in the GD to get more eyes out there . Not sure everyone looks in the lost, found ,stolen everyday. Stolen this morning from Cloverdale on a Karavan trailer .
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:31:23 AM by armytruck »
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Stolen
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 09:22:55 AM »

That’s a total bummer. Hope you are able to recover it!

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 05:49:43 PM »

Oof, good luck and hope it gets recovered!

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 01:13:45 PM »

Thanks guy's
I need all the support I can get .
CCTV cameras so far have been a bit blurry . Just need to canvas 1 more cul-de-sac up my street where its seen turning down on . Wrong turn perhaps . would have had to come back out ,OR! maybe they live that close !  >:( .

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I hope you have opened a file with the Police and provided them with any security camera footage you have.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 03:26:07 PM »

I'm not sure how things work with boats but my dads electric bike got stolen from our apartment underground parking and even with photos of their faces through secret cameras the police still couldn't do anything. I'm sorry to hear this happened and hope that police can do more than they did for us being a much larger item stolen.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »

Unfortunately its a waiting game with RCMP. Unless they get it red handed it will go cold . With all the social media sent out so far I'm thinking these losers will have it stashed away till they think its safe then move it under the cover of darkness maybe . I've found another CCTV video from around the block but still tough to get clarity . Have some software that can crisp it up however .
Sad.
Thanks guy's

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 09:05:20 PM »

So many crappy cameras used for security. We got hit and run a few years back but couldn't make out the plate number on the dashcam. The cam is "HD" and "1080p" but obviously isn't.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 09:18:19 AM »

Most people I have talked to get dash cams etc so they can prove what happened to their insurance carriers. The footage may be useful in investigations but not as evidence in court. Our next door neighbors built their dream home and the first night they moved in the house was vandalized. Like virtually all new homes they had a SOTA security system. The culprit wore a black hoody so it wasn't possible to use it for id.

A guy I worked with had his boat & trailer stolen in the middle of the night during a summer heat wave. He woke up as culprits were hooking it up and he ran out to stop them just to see his boat pull away. Then he realized he was standing in the middle of the street buck naked.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 11:13:27 AM »

sucks to hear man. especially so close to home.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 05:58:22 PM »

That’s a bummer man. I had my jet boat stolen a number of years back and it was found on the road only ten minutes from my house with no damage except for the wiring harness which was pulled apart. I hope you have similar luck.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 08:45:06 AM »

Most people I have talked to get dash cams etc so they can prove what happened to their insurance carriers. The footage may be useful in investigations but not as evidence in court. Our next door neighbors built their dream home and the first night they moved in the house was vandalized. Like virtually all new homes they had a SOTA security system. The culprit wore a black hoody so it wasn't possible to use it for id.

A guy I worked with had his boat & trailer stolen in the middle of the night during a summer heat wave. He woke up as culprits were hooking it up and he ran out to stop them just to see his boat pull away. Then he realized he was standing in the middle of the street buck naked.
Buck naked  :D thats funny .
Problem with the home cameras is motion . Unless you are standing completely still they wont be clear enough to get a good look at the perpetrators . I posted another be on the lookout post with video and pictures of my boat on FB   . But as you can see the vehicle is to blurry to see what vehicle it was .

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2022, 09:44:57 AM »

Looks like your pic is from Facebook and doesn't show any more.
Facebook links seem to "expire" after a while.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »

« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:32:04 AM by armytruck »

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2023, 08:14:43 AM »

Question
Has anyone ever heard of certain individuals off of Instagram regards to assisting with retrieving stolen vehicles . Reason I ask is , I keep getting messages from a few people claiming they can help to locate stolen vehicles .
So I contacted one of them a while ago and with giving him time , location and picture of the boat he was able to pinpoint activity in my area via the software he pays to use like satellite communications ,cell tower etc.   It didn't take him long , maybe 15 minutes . He got back to me and said that that was easy to locate . Starting from my house to where it stopped .
The catch was of course $ . How much do you want to pay !. I told him I wasn't paying for it because it may or may not even be there now . Its driving me bonkers . ::)
Anyone else had this experience?.