Author Topic: Stolen  (Read 4995 times)

BMo86

Re: Stolen
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2023, 09:34:45 AM »

It's a scam

ern

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2023, 09:45:16 AM »

It sounds like the sort of thing that the police or RCMP might be interested in getting involved with. I'm guessing the theft was reported in the 1st place so citing your case number, or whatever it is, you could seek advice on how to proceed. Involving the cops with this new information might get you closer to recovering your boat; it seems like a good lead into criminal activity regardless IMO.

Good luck!

clarki

• Old Timer

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 12:36:23 PM »

Yeah, a quick Google search showed that to be the case

https://www.kgw.com/amp/article/news/investigations/portland-stolen-car-scammers/283-64f6d233-deeb-4271-a9a0-2f517eaf464d
Thanks for that clarki
I kinda knew I was being taken for a scam and did not follow through .They wanted $1200.00 . Even though its been eating me up every day thinking about where my boat ended up at . In the hands of some scumbag for sure. Kinda needed the boat going into retirement . Never thought I would have to go on the never never plan for a new one .
Thanks again .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 01:06:17 PM »

Thanks for that clarki
I kinda knew I was being taken for a scam and did not follow through .They wanted $1200.00 . Even though its been eating me up every day thinking about where my boat ended up at . In the hands of some scumbag for sure. Kinda needed the boat going into retirement . Never thought I would have to go on the never never plan for a new one .
Thanks again .
Very welcome. I get that it's eating you up, and that it's a bummer as you had post-retirement plans for you and your boat.

I can sort of relate... I took early retirement in late June and, in part, was looking forward to retiring with my dog. He was killed horribly just two weeks later. The grief and shock of the immediate loss, and the grief of the loss of a dream.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2023, 07:29:20 AM »

Very welcome. I get that it's eating you up, and that it's a bummer as you had post-retirement plans for you and your boat.

I can sort of relate... I took early retirement in late June and, in part, was looking forward to retiring with my dog. He was killed horribly just two weeks later. The grief and shock of the immediate loss, and the grief of the loss of a dream.
Losing a pet is worse than a boat for sure . No better company than your best friend out in the boat . never any complaints  :D maybe a bark or two . I took my mutt out as much as possible even though he took up half the boat  ;D. Hope you find a another companion some day soon to replace that void you may experience .

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 07:33:49 AM by armytruck »
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."