Donald Trump
- 17 (38.6%)
Joe Biden
- 25 (56.8%)
Other
- 2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 04, 2020, 10:08:03 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Question on the U.S. Presidential election  (Read 14277 times)

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: Poll: Question on the U.S. Presidential election
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »

Not looking good for Biden  going to be down to the wire

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »

No point in arguing with children who have no original thought in their own mind. Hate only breeds more hate. I feel sorry for all the haters out there. I will pray for you.

Dubs604

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »

::)

Anyways. It’s too early to call anything. As of right now, no states have turned from 2016. Arizona looks to be going to Biden. Trump is currently up in Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn, but that doesn’t tell the whole story yet as, in some counties, very few votes have been counted thus far.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »

FAKE NEWS

Totally not the truth. Look back over the past 4 year at what he has accomplished for the American people and you'll see that the statement you provided is NOT rooted in any facts at all.

can't really think of much he had done for the American people

he did load the US Supreme Court with "right wing" judges

he did enact an enormous tax cut in his first year in office

the economy did improve for a time but then nose dived during the pandemic

...but

he increased the National Debt by 6 trillion $ - that's close to 2 trillion a year

he didn't build a wall let alone get Mexico to pay for it.

he seriously damaged relations with many long time allies and cosyied up with a variety of dictators and Kleptocrats

he didn't get rid of Obama Care

he lost control of the House of Representatives. The Senate may go Democrat tonight.

He signed a treaty with North Korea but now turns his head when they break it --- still better than "Fire and Fury". Like every US President since Truman he looked at the prospect of nuclear war and chose diplomacy however flawed

as a businessman he was found to have discriminated against black and other colored people as part of his business practices. His companies were found guilty of fraudulent business practices.

He has the longest list of verified public lies of any President in history and few politicians come close to matching him.

He consistently undermined the democratic process.

Tell you one thing that not matter how this election plays out, it appears certain that a majority of US voters who actually voted would rather have Biden as President based on the popular vote and without the idiocentric nature of the Electoral College system of choosing the President he would not have been elected in 2016. The US is less than a perfect democracy. It may be less so than Canada.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

dobrolub

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2020, 10:03:21 PM »

I think the democratic process was diluted already, Trump didn't make it worse. If anything he tried to make it stronger and in many ways succeeded. Unless you think that rule of law is not democratic.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2020, 08:06:30 AM »

No point in arguing with children who have no original thought in their own mind. Hate only breeds more hate. I feel sorry for all the haters out there. I will pray for you.

your supporting the biggest hater out their. hard isn't it. he literary hates and belittles everyone that disagrees with him.

also please don't pray for me, that's half the problem. wondering how many evangelicals swallowed their pride tonight to vote for a guy that likes to grab woman by the pussy. trump sure does have some great christian values. just another way to control people "who have no original thought in their own mind."

Dubs604

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »

Morning, fellow children.

When I went to bed, Trump was claiming victory and election fraud, while holding leads in certain states that had a significant number of votes still outstanding. When I woke up this morning, after folks in those states counted votes all night, Biden looks to be in position to take Wisconsin and Michigan. Biden holds leads in Arizona and Nevada, but they’re not yet in position to call those races. One thing the facts say, though, is that if Biden retains his leads in Arizona, Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin, he’s the next president of the United States, regardless of what happens in Penn, North Carolina and Georgia.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »

Bet both Trump and Biden are on their seats tonight. Will Trump declare victory tonight ?

He did! Once again proving what a complete my friend he is. America's own Alexander Lukashenko .

Right now it looks good for Biden as most think early and mail in votes will be largely Democratic. If he takes every state he currently leads he will get 270. If he takes Pennsylvania too he will hit 290.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2020, 08:49:11 AM »

i would have called victory to if i had deal with all the lawsuits he has against him. the doj could also charge him with obstruction of justice related to ukraine if he is no longer the sitting president.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lawsuits-trump-will-face-when-he-leaves-office-2020-9

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »

Looks like Biden is going to get a win. Looks like the democrats probably won't get the senate but will hold onto the house.

pretty impressive that trump was able to turn out 6 million more voters then in 2016. Not sure what that says about America. 

The polls were once again way off no blue wave.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2020, 10:34:43 AM »

i believe the blue wave would have came if democrats could get young people excited. biden is a moderate with not the greatest voting record and offered really nothing to the progressive wing of the party. during the primaries he had little to no support and was broke. wasn't till obama behind the scenes got all the candidates to drop out just before super tuesday to ratify the moderate side of the party. how many times did biden disrespect bernie supporters during the final weeks of the election. trump actually feared running against bernie cause he was the only candidate to match trumps crowd sizes and enthusiasm, not to mention all the cash he was raising from small donors which is a good indication of grass roots support. bernie had actual momentum where biden had nothing. democrats left a lot on the table last night where thats the best you are going to get from the right.

trump basically lost to man that is in decline. during one of his last rallies he had actually called donald george lol. now hillary and donald have something in common. they both lost elections that were easy lay ups for them to win. all trump had to do is pretend to take covid seriously and he easily would have won the election.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:41:07 AM by bigblockfox »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »

trump basically lost to man that is in decline. during one of his last rallies he had actually called donald george lol.

Actually this was debunked almost before it hit the media. Biden was speaking to comedian George Lopez. The RW  twitter-verse instantly lit up with the faux gaffe.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joe-biden-donald-trump-george-bush_uk_5f97400bc5b6e1e70763552a?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNhLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANuXdTj7q8E5yas0GOP3ulNmoFBETYngdFn6HwqJWyZRdp2X6Xl19CmP1qAelYZf-1wYl9lhNMSvVAmnXQnUQbnAL1BgvGXgQR6xhAnhdamKdaYDJSyHydkNyIDMQUzRX3lP7k2CZjxzjFg5D2LqmoaczRtKU-VJ_DlSvAd9WZx1

As far as the primaries... as soon as Biden hit the big states where he had deep roots he took over race. Many miner candidates then dropped out as did Bernie after Biden won California - the writing was on the wall for him. Obama had nothing to do with it.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »

Actually this was debunked almost before it hit the media. Biden was speaking to comedian George Lopez. The RW  twitter-verse instantly lit up with the faux gaffe.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joe-biden-donald-trump-george-bush_uk_5f97400bc5b6e1e70763552a?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNhLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANuXdTj7q8E5yas0GOP3ulNmoFBETYngdFn6HwqJWyZRdp2X6Xl19CmP1qAelYZf-1wYl9lhNMSvVAmnXQnUQbnAL1BgvGXgQR6xhAnhdamKdaYDJSyHydkNyIDMQUzRX3lP7k2CZjxzjFg5D2LqmoaczRtKU-VJ_DlSvAd9WZx1

As far as the primaries... as soon as Biden hit the big states where he had deep roots he took over race. Many miner candidates then dropped out as did Bernie after Biden won California - the writing was on the wall for him. Obama had nothing to do with it.

you may be right about the george thing but you are incorrect, bernie won california. biden only than took the race once  steyer, buttigieg, klobuchar dropped out the days before super tuesday. hmmm, why would they drop out a few days before super tuesday. i wonder if a certain someone promised them a role in the administration if they followed orders. time will tell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

bernie had a clear path to victory as long as bloomberg, klobuchar, buttigieg, biden were splitting the centrist vote. than magically they all dropped out and backed a biden. not that this matters now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:08:48 PM by bigblockfox »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:37 PM »

sorry, my error Sanders did take California.

However, Biden won the most delegates (more than half available) on that particular day that was super Tuesday and took 10 of the 14 state primaries.  ::)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/03/us/elections/results-super-tuesday-primary-election.html

After that day (March 3rd) Biden took most of the primaries often with big majorities, Sanders much less so, which you can read & see here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:17:25 PM by RalphH »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »

Biden wins Michigan. Republicans going to the Supreme Court to halt counting in Pennsylvania claiming voter fraud with no evidence to substantiate their claims.