Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: USPS delivery. Say What?!  (Read 6529 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: USPS delivery. Say What?!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 09:47:30 AM »

Don’t misunderstand me, my dudes. I am not slagging First Strike; I am very much looking forward to getting those spinners wet and I have no issue with the delivery method.  Nor am I complaining about the length of delivery time. 5-10 business days via international mail is very realistic. Given the current economic and political climate, I am prepared for it to take longer. That’s why I ordered in August

I was just commenting on the number of stops it made, and how it seemed to hit every USPS distribution centre in California on its way to Canada.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »

I've been chatting with George about the shipping, and as expected, it's related to cost (Fedex is very expensive). He sent me a run down of the costs if people are interested.

USPS first class = $6.00 USD (up to 15oz of weight)
USPS priority mail = $26 (any weight that fits in the box)
UPS = $30 if under 3 pounds of weight, $75 for anything over 3 pounds.

"I will try to make UPS a shipping option to Canada on the website. In the meantime, if someone wants a package shipped to Canada with a different carrier (other than USPS), they can message me."

Hope that helps with anyone thinking of placing an order (which I'd recommend  ;D)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »

I've always found that UPS, FedEx and Purolator to ve the ABSOLUTE worst for receiving a shipment. From what I understand its my town of residence and company delivery policy that makes things bad. Mission is near the end of the delivery zone. Ill often see "Out for delivery" for two or three days in a row. The BEST delivery standard once the product has hit Canadian soil has been Intertelicom Canada.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 09:39:49 AM »

Say what?

History:
Mon 14 Sep 2020   2:49 AM   Departed from Facility Redmond WA US
Sat 12 Sep 2020   10:47 AM   Your package is being processed at the clearance agency. / Receiver's customs broker has been assigned. The shipment is now released to move in transit.
6:23 AM   Arrived at Facility Richmond BC CA
12:33 AM   Arrived at Facility Redmond WA US
Fri 11 Sep 2020   11:48 PM   Departed from Facility Tacoma WA US
9:25 PM   Arrived at Facility Tacoma WA US
4:59 PM   Departed from Facility Hermiston OR US
2:57 PM   Import C.O.D. (ICOD) charges have been paid or billed.
2:22 PM   Arrived at Facility Hermiston OR US
12:27 PM   Import C.O.D. charges are due for this package. Select Pay Now.
12:27 PM   Duties or taxes are due on this package.
12:23 PM   Your package was released by the customs agency.
5:54 AM   Departed from Facility Salt Lake City UT US
Thu 10 Sep 2020   10:33 PM   Your package is being processed at the clearance agency.
10:21 PM   Origin Scan Salt Lake City UT US
5:34 PM   Order Processed: Ready for UPS US
NOTE: The times listed in the scan details are local time.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »

Trump is currently gutting USPS, Don't be surprised if cupcakes takes forever,

you will probably get your package after the november election lol

GordJ

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 07:47:33 PM »

Note to sender - CA is not California (aka CA) in this case. Call them.
So you think they shipped it to Anaheim Lake, Canada?  Are you sure? I’ve never heard of this before. Do you have some inside info about a new hub for Canada Post?

kmiller

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 03:49:38 AM »

Never had any issue with USPS as I always prefer USPS services against other services for postal and shipping. USPS is strict with the rule. You won't be able to use the boxes to ship Media Mail, First-Class, or Parcel Post. Priority Mail is the default shipping method for many people who buy and sell on eBay.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 09:25:00 AM »

Shop local. Anything from the excited states takes forever to get shipped to Canada because of this pandemic we are in right now. Lots of top quality products at your local tackle store or online in Canada.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 12:00:55 PM »

Not sure about everyone else's experience, but Canada Post is incredibly slow right now for us. I've had someone sending me jigs in mid November from Maple Ridge, only to arrive just after Christmas. Nina sent a package to Denmark in late November, and it arrived in early February. I also have had at least a couple of parcels lost in the last few months.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 12:22:55 PM »

We've seen packages sent between family and friends arrive in just a day or 2 after mailing. An item mailed from the Island by my sister in law was here the 2nd day after it was mailed. Similar to stuff I have gotten or sent to my sister in Grand Forks.

An LP I ordered for my son for Xmas took 5 weeks but that may have been because the ultimate source was in Kansas (3rd party sale via Amazon).

I've got some vice parts coming from Renzetti in Florida. I'll wait (and wait) to see how that goes. BTW $14 USD for 1st class on 2 springs and 2 thumb screws (it's sold as a kit) that cost $9 total. Will Biden cut postage?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:37:09 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.