Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: USPS delivery. Say What?!  (Read 6595 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
USPS delivery. Say What?!
« on: September 10, 2020, 09:03:34 PM »

I ordered some spinners from First Strike, to be shipped to my home address in the Lower Mainland via USPS. Here is item tracking...so far:

Left West Linn, Or Aug 28
Arrived Portland, OR  Aug 29
Arrived Oakland, CA Aug 29
Arrived San Francisco Distribution Center, CA Aug 29
Arrived San Francisco International Distribution Center Aug 30
Arrived Santa Clarita, CA Aug 31
Arrived Anaheim, CA Aug 31
Currently in transit (to God knows where next!)

That's alot of stops for one little package and it keeps going further south. Hopefully it turned north after Anaheim! :)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: USPS delivery. Say What?!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 09:25:59 PM »

Note to sender - CA is not California (aka CA) in this case. Call them.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 09:40:11 PM »

Good call. I never even thought about the potential confusion between CA (California) and CA (Canada)

The shipping address does say "Canada", however.

I'll give  it a bit more time and email the sender. I take it as a ray of hope that it did hit the International Distribution Center and there are 2 business days left in the 5-10 day window.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 07:08:29 AM »

Thats normal from what I have seen. All the usps air shipments I have tracked over the last six months to Canada from anywhere along the western US go through their distribution centre in San Fransisco and then arrive in Richmond. Unfortunately they seem really back logged too as most packages seem to sit in San Fran for two weeks before actually leaving and then a week in Richmond before clearing customs.

Right when the bordered closed I had a couple small packages that arrived in Sumas. I had the receiving place forward them to me in Chilliwack due to not being able to cross and pick up myself. Despite my packages literally being twenty minutes away from me, they made their way back down the washington and oregon to california to be flown back up here and then delivered to me three weeks later.

If you can get anything delivered through Fedex, they seem to be the quickest. I have a small package that was being sent out from colorado wednesday morning that is due to arrive today

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

Also, keep in mind that everything is severely disrupted in CA and OR due to fires.  It could be a while . . .

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 09:30:09 AM »

Also factor in what Trump is doing to the postal service in an another attempt to steal the election.

Barbelface

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 09:55:35 AM »

LoL I work in Santa Clarita, CA. They don't have a very big sorting facility, surprised they routed it through there.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »

Yup, it was only there a short time. Arrived Santa Clarita Distribution Centre Aug 31 @ 11:17 AM and then arrived at the Anaheim Distribution Centre same day @ 1:37 PM     

lapa

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

Looks normal for me.  I had a few amazon packages from USA that took up to two weeks.  One day it shows USA - next day - out for delivery

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 08:09:12 PM »

Well sir, your first mistake was NOT buying Kodiak Custom Tackle Spinners ! I assume your spinners are for Coho ? Should have gone with Kodiak Custom !

Quin

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 08:16:57 PM »

Worked at Canada Post, over the "Holiday" rush, a December long ago. Back in the "hand sorting days". Had a letter from a small African country going to another small African country and it somehow, was routed to Vancouver.
Sometimes when letters/parcels get diverted they seem to enter a strange other world, where normal rules and logic don't apply. Hopefully some sort of "Quantum" burp will start your package back to our dimension and to your door.

stsfisher

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »

Try getting Toyota Rav4 parts out of California through your dealership. 4 weeks now. Fleet vehicle so not a big deal. Would be terrible if it was your personal every day driver sitting idle 😑
I would expect nothing different at the moment for anything trying to cross the border from down south.

bobby b

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 09:20:52 AM »

I bought a guitar from Osaka Japan.
It was shipped via Postal Service.
Was in Richmond the next morning!! Got it the day after it arrived in Richmond. Took a grand total of 2 days!!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 09:04:28 PM »

Ordered two separate items on eBay. Both vendors used usps.  One shipped from Tennessee, the other shipped from Illinois.  Both were routed to Erlanger. Kentucky and then from there into Canada.  Both took about 2.5 weeks to arrive to the door

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 12:06:09 AM »

If you can get anything delivered through Fedex, they seem to be the quickest. I have a small package that was being sent out from colorado wednesday morning that is due to arrive today

It was shipped via Postal Service.

I actually know the owner of First Strike Lures personally.
I will make a recommendation to change shipping practices when coming to Canada, if possible.

Thanks for the tips about quicker shipping!

Well sir, your first mistake was NOT buying Kodiak Custom Tackle Spinners ! I assume your spinners are for Coho ? Should have gone with Kodiak Custom !

I haven't tried Kodiak, but I can speak from experience that First Strike has incredibly high quality lures, at a great price (normally 1-2 bucks cheaper than anything you can buy here). All finishes on blades are genuine (and they have a thump unlike anything else I've ever used), and the hooks, wire, etc that he uses is top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, even if shipping can potentially take a little while longer.