Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Federal government could act on gun control as early as Friday  (Read 19406 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Federal government could act on gun control as early as Friday
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

Lawsuit against Trudeau's gun grab will move forward

The Justice Centre announced that it will be moving forward in applying to challenge the constitutionality of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Cabinet Order of confiscating property that was legally acquired by Canadians, according to the Justice Centre's website.

https://thepostmillennial.com/justice-centre-to-try-and-stop-trudeaus-firearm-confiscation

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »

Liberal ‘Grandfathering’ Is Concealed Confiscation

By Rick Hemmingson

A law that restricts my ability to enjoy and use my guns to nothing more than being a storage facility until I die is not “confiscation upon death.”

It is confiscation.

A gun that must stay in my safe is worth nothing. A gun that cannot be used has been turned into an ornament. An ornament is not a grandfathered gun; it is an ornament.

Not Just Semantics

Confiscation is not just about semantics. We must look to the effect; not just the words used.

It is about whether the government has taken away my right to use, enjoy, sell, not sell my property, as I see fit. That is what I had. That is what has been taken … not later. Not when I die.

It was taken NOW!

Restaurant Example

Grandfathering is typically used in a rezoning situation, for instance. If I am operating a restaurant at 101 Street and my property is rezoned to allow only a cannabis store to be built or operated at 101 Street, I can still continue to operate my restaurant because it is “grandfathered.” I can also sell my operating restaurant to someone else because that use is grandfathered. My restaurant continues to have value and I continue to do what I expected when I spent the money to build it. I am not, for instance, allowed to “grandfather” my restaurant but only if I don’t serve food!

Liberal ‘Grandfathering’ Is a Lie

Words matter. These words are a lie.

Our guns have been confiscated.

Charge for Storage

In fact, it would make more sense for gun owners to charge the federal government storage charges for keeping securely stored indefinitely the guns it has confiscated.

The value of these guns is gone because they cannot be sold.

We have been left with nothing other than the legal (criminal) obligation to provide free storage until death or to surrender them immediately.

When something is grandfathered, the status quo remains for those who lawfully owned and used a certain property.

Gun Owners Aren’t ‘Grandfathered’

Nothing has been grandfathered here simply because the government will delay marching in and taking, then destroying, my property until I die, but it is sterilized until then.

We must reject their term because it is false.

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/07/22/liberal-grandfathering-is-concealed-confiscation-rick-hemmingson/

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »

Bill Blair Repeats Lies in Response to ePetition e-2341

It should come as no surprise that Public Safety Minister Bill Blair continues to peddle lies about his May 1st gun ban by Order in Council – specifically:

“our prohibition will not impact the activities of law-abiding hunters or sport shooters.”

and

“These weapons have no legitimate civilian use, as they are designed to take as many lives as possible, as efficiently as possible.”

For the past 40 years the only legally permitted use for the AR-15 and other Restricted class rifles was target shooting. The only place these firearms could legally be discharged was at a government-approved shooting range.

This is the inconvenient fact our Minister of Public Safety conveniently ignores.

“The affected firearms are prohibited as they (1) have semi-automatic action with sustain rapid-fire capability (tactical/military design with large magazine capacity), (2) are of modern design, and (3) are present in large volumes in the Canadian market.”

It should also come as no surprise that Justice Minister David Lametti backs up Bill Blair’s lies with specious claims this is about keeping guns out of the hands of violent criminals.

“The Government made amendments to the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted (the Regulations) to classify certain assault-style firearms as prohibited to reduce gun violence, the threat they pose to public safety, as well as their prevalence on the market.”

Both Lametti and Blair peddle this garbage about “present in large volumes” and “their prevalence” in the Canadian market.

By this rationale the Liberal government could ban any firearm they please.

The AR-15 platform is the single most popular modern sporting rifle in North America.

The Ruger 10/22 is the single most popular .22 rifle in North America.

The RCMP already banned magazines for this beloved rifle and, given the two minister’s comments about popularity being one of three primary factors for banning guns, don’t be surprised if the Ruger 10/22 is banned next.

Buy-Back Program?

Once again Minister Blair peddled the line about a buy-back program.

“We have been clear that our prohibition will not impact the activities of law-abiding hunters or sport shooters. We have also signalled our intent to implement a buyback program that will provide fair compensation to affected owners”

To anyone who believes a buy-back program for guns prohibited under the May 1st Order in Council is in the offing, I would advise a word of caution.

A gun buy-back is nothing more than a promise from ministers of, arguably, the most corrupt government in Canadian history.

The government’s buy-back promise served a single purpose – to lower the volume on dissent and reduce opposition from gun owners.

Largely, it’s worked. Outside of a comparatively small band of committed firearm enthusiasts, the common sentiment among gun owners is, “Well, at least they’re going to pay for my gun when they steal it.”

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

This government is long on making promises and short on keeping them.

Electoral reform
    Indigenous Reconciliation
    Balanced the Budget by 2019
    Restore Canada Post home delivery
    Make Access to Information open by default
    Ensure Access to Information laws apply to the Prime Minister’s office as well as all other government minister’s offices
    Change the House of Commons Standing Orders to end practice of using omnibus bills to hide items the government does not want scrutinized
    Create a Prime Minister’s Question Period

That’s just a partial list of their broken promises, and these are things the Liberals actually believed in prior to forming government.

Paying gun owners for their confiscated rifles? I guarantee you that’s at the bottom of this Liberal government’s priority list.

https://christopherdiarmani.com/15895/guns/gun-politics/bill-blair-repeats-lies-in-response-to-epetition-e-2341/