Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Define locally  (Read 25585 times)

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Define locally
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2020, 11:14:16 PM »

Travel for essential services is ok. Let's not get things mixed up here folks. The is NOT a ban on travel or camping. Never has been. Don't take your anger out on people who actually have the ambition to go camping. You remeber what that was like right ? 50 years ago when you had the strength to do things ? Maybe not.
It's possible to take an opposing view to someone, have a discussion, and not be angry.

Of course, I can't remember 50 years ago. I can barely remember where I left my flip phone.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2020, 08:09:49 AM »

Anyways...not sure how long you've been around, but I've been posting on different sites with Ralph since the late 90s and after 20 years+ it's become obvious to me and to others (and in shorter time), that he is not on the side of the sport fishermen. He never has been. Many many people on different fishing forums have questioned his loyalties in the past and recently (not just me) and many of them will agree his loyalty is not with the sporties…..so when he makes a post like that....I like to remind him that he needs to question himself why he's even here when he could care less whether we ever get to fish again....regardless of the circumstance.
I dunno Robert, Ralph is one of the very few people on this site that advocates for the fish ... imo, we need more of that.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »

I dunno Robert, Ralph is one of the very few people on this site that advocates for the fish ... imo, we need more of that.

I would believe that but I’ve seen Ralph advocate for FN Gillnet fisheries while at the same time troll guys that sports fishing is closed and he don’t care.   

I bet you can’t find one thread where Ralph says one bad thing about FN fisheries.

He was even in this thread defending illegal gillnet fishing. http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=43439.45

When pressed on it he chose to change the topic. I agree with Robert G about Ralph’s motives.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:05:30 AM by wildmanyeah »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »

Thanks Dave, what a nice thing to say.

He was even in this thread defending illegal gillnet fishing. http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=43439.45

When pressed on it he chose to change the topic. I agree with Robert G about Ralph’s motives.

LOL! There is nothing I wrote in that thread that supported illegal gill net fshing. FN openings posted by DFO are not illegal.

That said, I no longer feed the trolls.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

It's possible to take an opposing view to someone, have a discussion, and not be angry.

You're right...everyone is entitled to their view and opinion. The question I have for you then is this:
This is a message board for sports fishermen...some for sport....some for sport and food. In order for this message board to exist, we need OPPORTUNITIES to fish.
Whenever someone here posts a topic on whether or not the sports fishermen will either possibly gain or lose an opportunity on a given lake or stream....Ralph always advocates against us. I'm not making this up. His own posts condemn him. So the question is....WHY DOES HE WANT TO BE HERE?

The rest of us want the rivers and lakes open and to have access to those places so we can fish where ever it is possible. I honestly don't even think he cares if there are any openings for us.

Here is an example. Let's say you went to a message board about 'Drones'....everyone there loves drones and loves to talk about drones.
Much like fishing, there is politics, ethics, and debate about drones.
Imagine someone like myself who has never used a drone in his life....doesn't care about drones....entering one of their ethical debates about drones like a bull in a china shop and then telling all of them that drones are bad....they are an invasion of privacy.....everyone there should stop using their drones....even though drones are something I know very little about or spent time researching. I'm pretty sure I would not be very well liked there....and people would tell me to leave and go to some other message board where I actually want to contribute.

That has Ralph written all over it. He does contribute to certain topics, but he never contributes positively when it comes to advocating and standing up for our right to fish. His own posts show that he'd rather see us out of the water and not fishing UNTIL all the other user groups are fishing....and even then.....I still am not convinced that he wants us out there...That's why he irritates so many people here and at other fishing message boards too. I think he actually gets some sort of strange happiness when he sees us kicked off the river.

You may not agree with me, but it appears to some extent that wildmanyeah does as well as hikeandfish…..and dare I say Nog would agree.…..as much as I don't like speaking for others....but I'm not the only one who thinks and sees this.

I never accused Ralph on not advocating for the fish.....not once in the 20+ years have I done that. Ralph is fine when it comes to conservation.
However....once there is a surplus of fish stocks in Ralphs mind of even 1 fish.....he's quick to hand it over to FNs. If the surplus is more than that...he will still advocate for FNs to get as many fish as they want.....even if that number is in the millions before the sporties even get one fish.
When it comes to the Fraser and tributary salmon.....I simply can't recall one post where he advocated for the sports fishermen to have a 'share' in the opportunities. So I stand by what I say....and yes....others have also called him out on it....its not just me and not just on this message board.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »

don't feed the troll!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2020, 09:22:21 PM »

So many opinions, but one thing is decisively clear though. Robert is in love with Ralph.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »

“Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about themselves, and small people talk about others” (John C. Maxwell)

Let's not be small.

Robert_G

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

“Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about themselves, and small people talk about others” (John C. Maxwell)

Let's not be small.

".....and people who are without loyalty to a cause they claim matters to them aren't team players, and need to be called out and corrected..."

It's ok to call someone out when they say they are one thing but act and talk something completely different.