Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aero brand floats  (Read 5533 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Aero brand floats
« on: January 08, 2020, 07:28:22 PM »

Does anyone know a fishing store in the LM that sells Aero brand foam floats?

I bought a few from Army and Navy in Langley years back. Was in there a month or so ago and they had none in stock.

They are similar to a D&E foam float but they have a bit more of a bowling pin shape.

I would order online but I can't remember what gram rating the floats I had were. I'd have to see them in person for sizing to make sure I buy the right ones. They are rated in ounces...pretty sure whatever I had was close to a 25g float.

psd1179

• Old Timer
Re: Aero brand floats
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »

still available in A&N at least in new westminster store. But they are too expensive to buy.

Over time, I have picked too many floats during river fishing. no need to buy new one.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:26:08 AM »

Cool thanks, I'll give them a call to double-check.

Honestly don't get people who won't spend a few extra bucks on a float or whatever other tackle they like. If you have lots of floats and don't need any more that's fine, but if you need to buy some new stuff then just treat yourself to that 10 dollar float. My 2 cents.

Anyway thanks for the store info.

redside1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »

A surrey distributor , Big Rock Sports carries the Aero floats in a multiple of sizes. Any store in BC can order them for you if they want to have your business.

sumasriver

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »

I say go for it.

Aero chocolate bars are a personal favourite of mine so their floats must be pretty sweet as well....

fisherforever

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »

Come in to Chilliwack Dart & Tackle I can bring them in for you.

Drunker

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »

Come in to Chilliwack Dart & Tackle I can bring them in for you.

so how much would the 3/8oz AF5 be?
also, how much for the 1/4oz AF3 be?

thank you in advance.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »

Honestly don't get people who won't spend a few extra bucks on a float or whatever other tackle they like. If you have lots of floats and don't need any more that's fine, but if you need to buy some new stuff then just treat yourself to that 10 dollar float. My 2 cents.

10 dollar float? Wow. Too rich for my blood.

redside1

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 08:27:55 PM »

10 dollar float? Wow. Too rich for my blood.
there probably closer to $9.00 by the time you pay taxes :)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »

Haha holy crap some of you are cheap! How many floats do you go through a year? A few? Not like they dissolve in water and are good for one time out. Think of what you spend on gas just to go fishing, and all the other costs. Not a poor man's sport that's for sure.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »

Haha holy crap some of you are cheap! How many floats do you go through a year? A few? Not like they dissolve in water and are good for one time out. Think of what you spend on gas just to go fishing, and all the other costs. Not a poor man's sport that's for sure.

I have some really nice bobber stoppers. Can give you 1 dollar each, or 10 dollars a dozen. without it, your expensive float does not work.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 08:17:05 AM »

So very true. I'm sure there are ways to go about fishing on a budget but I cant imagine it. I dont know how some people do it.

redside1

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »

So very true. I'm sure there are ways to go about fishing on a budget but I cant imagine it. I dont know how some people do it.

to start keeping the costs down, always hike the vedder in the Fall after a high water. Take the time to spot all the great float collecting back eddies. A guy can most likely get a seasons supply of "previously enjoyed" floats that are still usable with a little bit of effort.  hahaha

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 09:50:34 PM »

to start keeping the costs down, always hike the vedder in the Fall after a high water. Take the time to spot all the great float collecting back eddies. A guy can most likely get a seasons supply of "previously enjoyed" floats that are still usable with a little bit of effort.  hahaha

A couple years back I found the mother-load. I think I counted 86 floats washed up against a cut bank all stuck in the grass and sticks. About 25 were garbage. Chunks/tears out of them and so on. Funny some of the homemade ones; scrap foam cut into the shape of a float with a bamboo skewer or similar poked through it. About 30 cheap wrap around dink floats, don't like those gave them away. A dozen or so Cleardrift/Drennan, not for me, gave them away too. I kept the D&E and cork floats for myself :)

Ended up just ordering some floats online. Got them off the manufacturer's website https://hawkenfishing.com/collections/aero-floats

Ones I like are the AF-3 in 1oz (28 gram float). 4 bucks US a float plus 2 bucks shipping to Sumas. A bit pricey but I really like the way the ride in the water and I find a bit easier to see in choppy steelhead water than D&E and similar.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:13:32 PM by Spawn Sack »

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 09:10:31 AM »

Fish doesn’t care if you have a 10 dollar float or a 1 dollar float.  :o