Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aero brand floats  (Read 5482 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: Aero brand floats
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »

Fish doesn’t care if you have a 10 dollar float or a 1 dollar float.  :o

You're right, they don't. Nor do they care if you have a 50 dollar reel or a 500 dollar reel. But guess what? A lot of anglers spend big bucks on their reel, rod and so on. Not to say any of this will catch you more fish, but it is nice to fish stuff you like and have confidence in. I personally like the way cork floats look, and with foam floats I do find some brands ride better in the water than others.
It's the same thing with golf and other sports/activities; that is, sometimes it's just nice to have a new toy to give you a confidence boost.

Fishawn

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 08:29:15 PM »

HAHA. Big spender......this coming from the guy who was too cheap to tip his guide. Remember that thread, SS? Give your head a shake before you call people cheap.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 04:22:59 PM »

Ten dollar floats lolol, hahaha I love it

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 07:21:17 PM »

HAHA. Big spender......this coming from the guy who was too cheap to tip his guide. Remember that thread, SS? Give your head a shake before you call people cheap.

You high and/or drunk? I have no idea what you are talking about man. I have hired a guide for many days fishing and have ALWAYS tipped them, even in Mexico, Dominican, and so on.

I vaguely remember a FWR discussion from YEARS back about how MUCH/% to tip ones guide, how much ppl typically tip, and so on.

Admittedly, I am not, by and large, in love with being expected to tip every where you go. However, I am not even close to being so cheap as no not tip a guide who took me out for a day's fishing.

Give your head a check. I never said I would not or did not tip my fishing guide.

Edit: Found that old thread you were talking about (from 2014! great memory!), nothing ever mentioned by me about being too cheap to tip my guide. I'll post a link so you can jog your memory.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36042.0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 08:05:15 PM by Spawn Sack »

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 06:40:55 AM »

Ten dollar floats lolol, hahaha I love it
X2

Fishawn

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:29 PM »

You're missing the point, SS. We're all entitled to spend what we want on gear. I'm sure we all work hard for our pennies, if it gives you joy/confidence to spend $10 on a float, then more power to ya. What's not cool is calling people cheap because they think that it's steep to spend that much on a float.

Drunker

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »

You're missing the point, SS. We're all entitled to spend what we want on gear. I'm sure we all work hard for our pennies, if it gives you joy/confidence to spend $10 on a float, then more power to ya. What's not cool is calling people cheap because they think that it's steep to spend that much on a float.
X2

if i could figure out how to post, i would show you that i have a bunch of aero floats AF5 that i purchased not too long ago.  But i recently got an idea from a buddy and now, i would probably not buy anymore aero floats.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:23:23 PM by Drunker »

sumasriver

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »

X2

if i could figure out how to post, i would show you that i have a bunch of aero floats AF5 that i purchased not too long ago.  But i recently got an idea from a buddy and now, i would probably not buy anymore aero floats.   ;D

Did your buddy tell you about the way to rig up old used  beer cans ( lucky works best ) to make floats.......?  I think that is an urban myth / fishing myth.   

Stick to the Aero floats..... work better and safer for the environment.....

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 08:46:02 PM »

X2

Thread a bright corky above the float? if not enough, thread two corkies.