Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Video: Vedder River Coho Salmon  (Read 5838 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: New Video: Vedder River Coho Salmon
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

Hatchery staff said the coho are slow this year to enter the hatchery channel, anyone up there for  look?

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 09:34:04 AM »

I've also gotten lazy and only used float stoppers above the float and just let it slide down to the weight, but I'm going to stop doing that and go back to having stoppers at both ends of the float. The bottom end of the float has been damaged slightly, from sliding down too fast and hitting the weight when I set the hook.

Plus, if you break off above the swivel which happens me from time to time, you'll lose your float.  I've been using the clear plastic floats with two stoppers above and two below the float.   This has drastically reduced the number of lost floats (as opposed to just one stopper below the float) but I still may lose the occasional float.  I've lost two floats this season - one from an underwater snag and another from a chum.  The chum was hooked right in the mouth and was a great fight, but the mainline broke for some reason as opposed to my 8 lb fluorocarbon!  Go figure.

Thanks for the reply Rod.

ae_9

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

You're definetly a professional!