Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154916 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »

One wonders if Mr. Green is going to get a shorter leash soon. There's lots of coaching talent available.....
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2020, 02:28:41 PM »

One wonders if Mr. Green is going to get a shorter leash soon. There's lots of coaching talent available.....
Nova the way the Canucks played yesterday was so disappointing. They had Sat. to rest up after Friday's big win.
Blue Jackets played in Alberta on Sat. so it's a back to back games for them.
Canucks fighting for a playoff spot should of been all over Columbus.
Coach Green mid way thru the. 2nd period should of read the players the "riot act". (Try to light a fire under their butts)
Demko gave them a chance.
If it's not Demko some games letting in an easy goal or two then it's the team playing so-so.
Too many laid back players on this team.
Seems if they play hard they need 3 days off to recover physically & let the hot air out of their puffed up heads.
Markstrom seems to be the leader on this team. He hates losing.
His goaltending is missed & also his leadership in the dressing room.
He gets the team going more so than our head coach or the Captain.
Players these days control the coach not the coach controls the players.
They know the coach will be fired before major changes on the team player personal.
Is there any rule against having the owner being the head coach & he can hire two head coaches but give them assistant titles. With the owner behind the bench during games & his looking on as the two (head) assistant coaches run practises should get players flying off the bench & zooming up and down the ice.
Coach Green should of blasted his players during the Sunday game to see if he could wake them up alittle. Oh time change had these guys putting an excuse in their brain to play badly or maybe the sunny vacations at beaches with golf courses nearby.....
Coach Green seems to be too nice & the players take advantage too often.

And look at the Preds ...shutting out Dallas 2x in a row !
Do us a favour Preds. When you meet Toronto soon "beat them"  ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2020, 07:56:35 AM »

Came down with a horrible cold, yesterday could barely do much of anything, just laid on the couch and slept/watched tv.  Today is only slightly better but have a couple things I need to get out to the auditors so working just a little bit today.  As little as I can get away with at least.

Preds looked very good against Dallas, finally.  We looked really bad against them the first times we met them.  It wasn't just a shut out but it seemed like a pretty easy shut out.  They only had a couple times where they had a good chance of scoring while we had a whole bunch of high quality chances.

Saw the Jets won last night, we play tonight.  Arizona lost which makes it hard for them to get back into it but still a lot of teams in this group, Jets, Wild, Cannucks, Preds.  Flames and Arizone could also play a role.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2020, 12:46:14 PM »

Came down with a horrible cold, yesterday could barely do much of anything, just laid on the couch and slept/watched tv.  Today is only slightly better but have a couple things I need to get out to the auditors so working just a little bit today.  As little as I can get away with at least.

Preds looked very good against Dallas, finally.  We looked really bad against them the first times we met them.  It wasn't just a shut out but it seemed like a pretty easy shut out.  They only had a couple times where they had a good chance of scoring while we had a whole bunch of high quality chances.

Saw the Jets won last night, we play tonight.  Arizona lost which makes it hard for them to get back into it but still a lot of teams in this group, Jets, Wild, Cannucks, Preds.  Flames and Arizone could also play a role.
Just saw on tv news that possibly up to 60% of people getting corona virus have only mild symptoms.
Light cough basically...no fever no sore throat etc...
So people infected may get mild symptoms to the far end of the scale life threatening !!! and anywhere's in between.  What a sneaky virus.
Makes ya wonder if there's a break out amongst NHL players or fans what will happen then ???
That cold ya got could be just that OR who knows...could it be .....

arimaBOATER

« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2020, 12:15:10 AM »

Maple Leafs ,Preds,Canucks all win  !
5-4 in shoot out in Canucks/Islanders game.
Keep the coach keep the coach keep the coach.

TNAngler

« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2020, 09:33:45 AM »

I think generally the virus isn't deadly except for the old, the really young, or people that have other issues.  I would think given how healthy most of the hockey players are it might keep them out a couple games but have no lasting effect.  It is more them giving it to someone that is higher risk that is a huge concern in my book.  Say it is very mild for them, just a cough, so they play, cough on their glove, pick up a puck, toss the puck into the crowd during warm ups to a kid, that could get the kid sick and if they are having other issues already.... that would really suck.

Heard San Jose has decide no indoor group activities would take place so no clue where the Sharks will play their games.  Ohio suggested something similar but it was only a suggestion and both the Blue Jackets and the Penguins have said the games will still be in front of live crowds.  Crazy crazy time.

I like the placement as of today, let's just leave it as is till the end, ok?  Preds, Canucks, Jets, all tied but Jets lose out and go home crying.  We played very well except for about half of the third period where they scored two very quick goals because we just lost our placement and were reacting instead of playing how we are supposed to play.  Coach called a timeout and got it turned around and we held on.  We are only 4 points behind Dallas who is 3rd in the division so that isn't out of reach either with how bad they have been playing.  I'd be ok with that.  I'd be ok with Dallas being knocked out completely.  Both of us just gotta keep winning.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »

God only knows if this virus gets worse and worse or starts to subside with warmer weather.
China getting less cases ! That's good news.
But generally correct...younger people with healthy bodies get recover but....some younger people have died. The doctor who blew the whistle in China looked young but he kicked the bucket.
Heard there's two types...L and S strain. The L strain is aggressive. Mutates.
Italy death counts went from like 290 to like 800 in one day !!!
Must be the L strain in that part.
Just hope it goes away soon. News is filled daily with it.
Only ones that kinda like the situation is hand sanitizer ...masks...toilet paper...etc companies that cannot keep up with orders/demand.
Cleaning/sanitizer wipes....included.
At least in the Vancouver area it 's that way.   
One affected care home in N Vancouver BC have workers on 16 hr shifts because other care aids did not want to work.  It's on lock down.
Crazy crazy crazy... Need special glasses that can detect the virus. Ya there 's some over there & over there ...go this way.
Yes it is affecting some sporting events.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:51:09 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2020, 08:53:45 PM »

The NBA suspended their season tonight. One of the players was tested positive for Covid 19

TNAngler

« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »

Yeah, it is crazy.  NHL is reviewing and supposed to come out with something today.  The people on NBC Sports showing the Blackhawks game were saying they would be surprised if the NHL didn't also suspend the season, at least for a while.  Crazy times we live in.  Toilet paper, sanitizer, disinfectant spray all in short supply here.  In Italy they closed everything but doctor's offices and grocery stores.  Every other business was supposed to close.  My wife is planning on going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on that and a bunch of non-perishable foods.  She made fun of me earlier in the year for being nervous about the pantry not being stocked and just buying what we needed for the week.  Growing up we always used to have a couple week's worth of food stocked because you just never knew when weather would make it impossible to get out of the house for a while.  Now she is glad I made her stock it a little bit more and is planning on stocking it even more.

I'm still feeling quite sick.  All the symptoms match but then they also match a normal cold.  I haven't gotten tested because I am already self-isolating and resting and doing everything they would tell me to do so there is no reason to know one way or the other.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy and interested to hear what the NHL does this morning.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »

The NBA suspended their season tonight. One of the players was tested positive for Covid 19
Yes the snowball has rolled down the mountain & it is now a big giant massive snow globe !!!
The little camp fire is now a raging forrest blaze !!!
Tom Hanks infected.
Yes FA TNA it now is so bad the common word is cancel cancel cancel postpone postpone postpone...
NHL MLB MLS ...
PM Trudeau wife has flu like symptoms is getting tested.
Gee if only a person went to a pharmacy & ordered $10,000 worth of hand sanitizer.
Advertise & hire an auction company. ( bid in person or internet )
Here we have 5 bottles of hand sanitizer. Starting bid $100....we have a bid for $500 ba do da ba Do I hear $520 ??? We have $600 ! Ba daaa baaaa daaa do I do I hear more? Anyone ? Going once going 2x SOLD !!!
Paddle 215 please go to clerk & your 5 bottles will be packaged for you.

FA says : Thank You.

Ok the next 5 bottles ...Starting bid $100.
We have a bid $400 !!!! Da baaa da da $410 ? We now have a bid $500 da baaa da ba $510.....

TNAngler

« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »

Suspended indefinitely.  While I understand the move it is going to suck.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:11 PM »

We will be awarded the Cup now because we are Canada's favorite team. Also I got my last pay cheque from the team for now. ;D ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2020, 08:45:19 PM »

We will be awarded the Cup now because we are Canada's favorite team. Also I got my last pay cheque from the team for now. ;D ;D ;D
Not so fast there Chris.
FA Nova TNA & yours truly have something to say about this.
Never mind  "Submarine Chris"...have to re-name you...."Sneaky as they come Chris"
Boy...talk about trying to pull a fast one. Trying to pull the carpet from under our feet.

The word is to re start games as soon as the virus disappears or slows  & then get games in....play offs even if they go right into July.
If the Maple Leafs are to win the Cup they will have to do it fair & square.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »

I thought Covid 19 affects the respiratory system, but I guess it affects the brain functions as well.  ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2020, 07:54:41 AM »

Well, it has been a little while since the Canadian teams have won the cup.  Let's see, 1993 was the last year?  Ouch.  Yeah, perhaps if they just cancel the season we could just give it to all Canadian teams and you can all share it, pass it around during the offseason.  I'm all for helping losers feel better about themselves.  Wait, that might have come out wrong.  Nah, seems fine to me :)