Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154935 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2020, 08:36:14 AM »

Leafs could use some help. Lost again in overtime to the Canadiens tonight.
You failed to mention you have lost 4 in a row. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2020, 03:17:23 PM »

Also forgot to mention that the Canucks are in first place in the Pacific Division, while the Laffs are third in their division. ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2020, 08:36:49 PM »

Ya know Chris is right.
Cannot argue against facts. Lost 4 in a row. Shame on you Canucks and every Canuck backer should see big red faces in the mirror !!!  :-[

arimaBOATER

« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2020, 08:43:56 PM »

Also forgot to mention that the Canucks are in first place in the Pacific Division, while the Laffs are third in their division. ;)
You know FA is right. In fact he's "right on" he's so right.
Cannot argue against the facts.
Canucks are in 1st place and Laffs ( Zulu word meaning laughs & in boga boga language means Leafs ) are in 3rd place.
Shame on you Leafs and every Leaf backer should see big red faces in the mirror!  :-[ :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2020, 09:17:38 PM »

Canucks leading the Preds 5-2 in the 3rd period. Smooth sailing tonight so far.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:50 AM »

Canucks leading the Preds 5-2 in the 3rd period. Smooth sailing tonight so far.
Both teams got chances.
Markstrom save after big save.
2 Preds goalies save after ....goal then save some saves then goal.
PP goal....
How sweet it is.
Rumour has it Preds were asking for family emotional support as they were loaded on the bus & whisked away.
Twins enjoyed the game as well as FA Nova & yours truly.

TNAngler

« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »

Didn't get to watch the game as I was on a plane back from Vegas.  Don't think I want to watch it either.  New coach is very serious about changing your play and producing.  Some of our biggest named guys played for only 10 minutes or so.  Can understand where he is coming from but also wonder if it is not counterproductive.  I remember playing basketball in high school.  I wasn't the coach's favorite because I relied on my height more on the best technique.  Led the team in points one game, the next game I didn't get in until halfway through the second quarter.  Complained to the coach after and he told me it didn't matter how long I sat on the bench, I needed to be ready to go when I was called on and still produce but it doesn't work great like that.  It is tough if you aren't able to get into a groove.  We had been in a good place, win Saturday and we would have been in first wild card spot.  Now.... dropped two in a row and gave up all those goals.  Wouldn't be shocked if the GM starts trading off players but who knows.  Just can't figure this team out which is even more frustrating.  If we aren't expected to be good, that is one thing but if you are expected to be one of the best teams and then fail to meet that, miserably, that just sucks.

Glad we don't face you guys again.  You have owned us this year.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »

TNA please do watch the game.
It's not if you win the game but how you played.
Preds had chances as we did.
Markstrom played "super" and your tandrum (stoppers) played below average.
Canucks goalie A plus
Preds goalies (Rennie & Soros sp?)  C- or D grade.
Don't forget we have not won in 4 & it's our twins week ! Retire their jerseys  on Wed before Chicago game.
Chicago has been playing very good lately.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »

Sorry TNA ..I mis led you.
Was only trying to give an excuse for recent Canuck losses.
( but who knows maybe they are sick or broken bones or no team chemistry or maybe they want to miss the playoffs & have early & long vacation or they want more $$$ or....)
Regardless would you be interested in a major trade ....blockbuster.
Entire Vancouver team for entire Nashville Pred team?
Decide quick because if we win over you on Monday ....offer is off the table.  8)

I take it the offer is now off the table. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:26 PM »

I take it the offer is now off the table. ;D
Yep! That's for sure.
Go Canucks Go !
Go Canucks Go !
Happy Days are here again !
 ;D ;D ;D
Fee Fi Fo Fum I smell a Stanley Cup sooner than later !

( no tell no tell no tell TNA but the bosses are too heavy handed & the players are so stressed out to make any mistakes thus so tense they do not react naturally to what's happening on the ice.
They look then think & then skate...well by that time the puck carrier is 5ft away from where they guessed or worst yet a pass & now they are so behind in the play...
Whereas the Canucks are just letting it flow naturally...thus 2-3 steps ahead of what's going on the ice.

TNA sorry we are no longer interested to make a blockbuster trade ...your Preds for our Canucks.
( why does skunk cabbage vs red roses come to my mind at this time?)
Skunk cabbage is a yellow flower stem with green leafs found in swamps & kinda have an off smell.

TNAngler

« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »

I grew up there.  I am very familiar with skunk cabbage.

Just wondering what they are going to do with this team.  Trade deadline coming up, will we be selling or buying or standing pat?  Have two guys with contracts ending this year that could easily be sold, well, one anyway, the other not sure about.

We elected not to watch the game.  I know we had a bunch of chances and felt for a bit like we were going to get back in the game.  The two goals back to back and then really pushing for the third, even hitting a post I believe had things buzzing but then we gave up another goal and it seemed the fight left the team.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »

I grew up there.  I am very familiar with skunk cabbage.

Just wondering what they are going to do with this team.  Trade deadline coming up, will we be selling or buying or standing pat?  Have two guys with contracts ending this year that could easily be sold, well, one anyway, the other not sure about.

We elected not to watch the game.  I know we had a bunch of chances and felt for a bit like we were going to get back in the game.  The two goals back to back and then really pushing for the third, even hitting a post I believe had things buzzing but then we gave up another goal and it seemed the fight left the team.
Your a good sport.
When I joke around just know it's just that with no meanness behind it.
Respect you for being a true fan of your team.
Hope they can get it on cruise control & get into the playoffs so the games will be super exciting. & extra tense.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:43 PM »

Canucks shut out the Blackhawks on the night the club retired the Sedin's sweaters.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2020, 12:08:14 AM »

Canucks shut out the Blackhawks on the night the club retired the Sedin's sweaters.
11th win out of the last 12 on home ice !
Watching the SN pacific ch the 60 min special The Sedins Final Home Game. Canucks vs Arizona.
They have shown this game a few times in honour of the twins.
Sadly when they were in the end of their career that semi blew a stop sign & the hockey bus crashed into the trailer. So sad.
But happy times tonight.

TNAngler

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »

Oh yeah, totally take it all as a joke.  I laugh.  Even if being a fan is rough sometimes, I'm still watching and cheering for hockey and how bad can that really be?

So my wife and I are in a bowling league on Thursday nights as a reason to get out of the house.  Couldn't find subs and needed some wins so sold our tickets last night.  First home game we have missed that we were in town since we became season ticket holders.  Of course we score 5 goals, shut out the Islanders, one of our guy that has been around for years gets his first career hat trick.  Figures, doesn't it?  Home and home with St. Louis this weekend, Saturday/Sunday.  Talk is we need to win one of those (with the win last night) to consider buying before the trade deadline, if we lose two it is very possible we start selling.  Going to be an interesting bit before the trade deadline.  If we play like we did last night we will be fighting Vancouver for the cup because the Eastern conference will just concede and not even take the ice.  If only we could be consistent.