Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154890 times)

TNAngler

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2020, 09:01:05 AM »

Tis true although this is hockey and intention isn't required.  You are to be in control of your stick and your body at all times.  If you unintentionally high stick someone, even if your stick was lifted up by the opponent, if it makes contact with their face/head, it is a penalty.  If you make contact with someone's head in a way that is an unsafe play, it is a penalty and very likely a suspension.  It doesn't matter if you intended to or not, you are supposed to be in control enough to not pass the line.  It is one of the plays that hockey is supposedly trying to get out of the game of hockey because concussions are such a big deal in sports these days and the long lasting effects can be horrible.

Another interesting game last night.  We had a number of lapses in how we played that resulted in some easy goals.  Went up early, got behind, came back, went down, but ended up coming back again to tie it and won in a shootout.  That puts us 2 points out of a wild card spot with at least 2 games in hand over everybody that is above (and below us).  Seems the team is getting some confidence back and if that is the case, watch out.

TNAngler

« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2020, 09:03:02 AM »

And I say supposedly because the board of player safety that sets these rules is often a complete joke on what they consider and what they don't.  We have had that conversation though with some of the previous hits.  There definitely is no consistency so I don't know how the players are supposed to know where the line is since it isn't steady.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »

And I say supposedly because the board of player safety that sets these rules is often a complete joke on what they consider and what they don't.  We have had that conversation though with some of the previous hits.  There definitely is no consistency so I don't know how the players are supposed to know where the line is since it isn't steady.
Eye of the beholder.
I saw it this way...no it went like this...the line is not steady as ya say.
FA 's Nova's & my team win again vs Islanders. Fee Fiiiii Fooooooo Fummmmmm I smell ( a dirty bum Ha !) a Stanley Cup. The Cup aroma is in the air !!!!!!!!!!
Leafs win by a hair.
Preds lose to Knights.
Well Preds won over Caps and Devils ( hate that name devils !!! ) so that's good.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »

Just rolling right along. Another 2 points.

TNAngler

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2020, 07:37:19 AM »

Yeah, play good for two games, or at least score enough to overcome our boneheaded moves, and then home game on a Saturday.... forget how to play completely.  We only have a 50/50 record at home this year.  Our record on Saturday night at home.... something like 2-5-3.  Just absolutely horrible.  It was one of the worst games of the year.  :(

arimaBOATER

« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2020, 10:44:28 AM »

Preds making their western Canada tour.
They need this win against the Jets.
Then they go to Alberta for 2 games & then to snowy Vancouver in 6 days from today.
When the bell rings come out fighting ;D
Canucks have 3 out of possible 4 pts...in recent games. A pt against Hurricanes.
Today they play the Bruins in Boston.
That should be a whale of a game !!!!
Ya just know Boston is still stirred up from their game 7 loss last yr in the finals.
There are so many good teams in the NHL right now...even Chicago is making moves.
Resurrected mummy they are.
Canucks vs Preds I repeat Canucks vs Preds. Next week. Stay tuned to this channel.
Slogan for the game: send them packing send them crying send them getting on the bus saying"I want my mommy!!!
Dun dun a dun dun dun ....ya better show up with your equipment well strapped on.
Advise your players to wear helmets ...oh do they have to wear helmets  ? No option ok
forget that order.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2020, 08:16:16 PM »

Preds making their western Canada tour.
They need this win against the Jets.
Then they go to Alberta for 2 games & then to snowy Vancouver in 6 days from today.
When the bell rings come out fighting ;D
Canucks have 3 out of possible 4 pts...in recent games. A pt against Hurricanes.
Today they play the Bruins in Boston.
That should be a whale of a game !!!!
Ya just know Boston is still stirred up from their game 7 loss last yr in the finals.
There are so many good teams in the NHL right now...even Chicago is making moves.
Resurrected mummy they are.
Canucks vs Preds I repeat Canucks vs Preds. Next week. Stay tuned to this channel.
Slogan for the game: send them packing send them crying send them getting on the bus saying"I want my mommy!!!
Dun dun a dun dun dun ....ya better show up with your equipment well strapped on.
Advise your players to wear helmets ...oh do they have to wear helmets  ? No option ok
forget that order.
Bruins win over Canucks 4-0.  Think Canucks wet their pants before stepping on the ice.
They looked terrible.
Rumour has it as Canuck players were getting back on the bus for ride to airport some players could be heard they wanted their "mommy."
2nd rumour from good source (FA) the Canucks are in save energy mode so they will be fully charged & ready to go against Predators...TNA team.  It's a bad feeling seeing torpedoes coming for your ship & too late to make course changes...Nashville players "abandon ship ".
Nashville gets win in Winnipeg. 2-1
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:20:37 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2020, 09:49:55 PM »

Keep the faith. Encounter a little turbulence tonight. All systems are a go for the next game.

TNAngler

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2020, 08:06:17 AM »

Perhaps the Canucks should watch a video of the Pred's game last night :)

Seems we can play on the road but just really suck at home.  We played a good sound game last night.  A couple minor break downs but only one that cost us.  The commentator from the radio (former player) came to the TV for pregame and walked through video of what the coach has tried to put in and how it has been breaking down causing issues.  It was very helpful and I was able to watch for it during the game and they actually seemed to do everything right they had been doing wrong.  Moving defense from man to zone and if the puck goes to the other side one of the center or defenseman is supposed to go, the other defense collapses so there are two clearing the front of the net.  It is mental issues though where both the center and defenseman go, or both stay or hesitate allowing too much space.  Scoring is very streaky for this team though.  Over 5 goals for 3 games in a row, then 0, then 1 in regulation and 1 in overtime.  Just wish they could the good defense and good offense together.

Very much looking forward to that Vancouver game.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2020, 12:52:12 AM »

TNA's team wins in Calgary. Preds system seems to be working. Ya we need the Canucks to watch the Preds game tapes ( ouch ) ....hey wait a minute...the Preds watched Canucks game tape. & they started winning....ya that's how the story goes.
Those copy cats. As far as our losses FA stated it's a flu thing ( maybe. )  ;)

Shhhhhhhh Canucks lose to Wild but we did not have our star player.
Canucks took some big hits.
Rough game at times.
Another loss...
They have to regroup.

TNAngler

« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2020, 07:08:55 AM »

Yeah, saw that you allowed two former Preds a goal and assist each (Fiala and Hunt).  The flu can suck and really make it hard for a team.  I remember a game two years ago where we had something like 9 players out.  Think it was food poisoning instead of the flu but had an emergency call up from the minors of at least 6 players.  Some of the ones that were playing were going back every time they got off the ice to sit on the throne.  Had to suck but we beat the Penguins that game anyway so that felt good.

It was a good game last night.  Seems we can play the system and do things right on the road.  Checks Monday.... playing in Vancouver, yep, you better watch out.  If it was at home it wouldn't have been much of a game.  We have one guy out that has missed at least four games because of illness so he must have the flu too.  Luckily it isn't one of the top guys but he is a good utility guy that is missed.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2020, 10:19:22 AM »

Sorry TNA ..I mis led you.
Was only trying to give an excuse for recent Canuck losses.
( but who knows maybe they are sick or broken bones or no team chemistry or maybe they want to miss the playoffs & have early & long vacation or they want more $$$ or....)
Regardless would you be interested in a major trade ....blockbuster.
Entire Vancouver team for entire Nashville Pred team?
Decide quick because if we win over you on Monday ....offer is off the table.  8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2020, 02:33:24 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if it actually happens ? ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if it actually happens ? ;D ;D
In today's world with it's extremes & crazy stories ya just never know.
Big trade  " one team for the other team "  ;D
But sorry...will not offer same deal to Leafs ( shhhhh...no tell no tell Chris )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »

Leafs could use some help. Lost again in overtime to the Canadiens tonight.