Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154871 times)

TNAngler

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2019, 09:02:22 AM »

Player safety is a joke.  Our captain was hot, our coach was furious, the fans were pissed.  In fact, the fans were more upset that game than I can remember them being about the refs in a very long time.  We did everything we could to draw attention to it.  It was all over twitter.  Player safety just ignored it all.  Coaches should be able to challenge penalties for hits to the head they think should be a major.  It is just insane that they did nothing about this one when the elbow gets a fined, 5 minute major and kicked from the game.  You can see the guy look right where he is planning on hitting (the guy's face), launch right into the head with his shoulder, our guy's head whip back.....  How is this not even reviewed I just don't get.

Getting to start eat real food because I just got too fed up eating pasta for every meal.  Nothing big and extremely small bites and still have to wait for it to cool significantly but ate pizza for lunch and a grilled cheese and some cheese sticks for dinner.  Slowly getting better.  Hiccuped once a couple nights ago, it was five minutes of HELL.  Reduced me to complete tears and sobs.  That wasn't fun.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »

Player safety is a joke.  Our captain was hot, our coach was furious, the fans were pissed.  In fact, the fans were more upset that game than I can remember them being about the refs in a very long time.  We did everything we could to draw attention to it.  It was all over twitter.  Player safety just ignored it all.  Coaches should be able to challenge penalties for hits to the head they think should be a major.  It is just insane that they did nothing about this one when the elbow gets a fined, 5 minute major and kicked from the game.  You can see the guy look right where he is planning on hitting (the guy's face), launch right into the head with his shoulder, our guy's head whip back.....  How is this not even reviewed I just don't get.

Getting to start eat real food because I just got too fed up eating pasta for every meal.  Nothing big and extremely small bites and still have to wait for it to cool significantly but ate pizza for lunch and a grilled cheese and some cheese sticks for dinner.  Slowly getting better.  Hiccuped once a couple nights ago, it was five minutes of HELL.  Reduced me to complete tears and sobs.  That wasn't fun.
100 x agree. Insane insane insane calls. Refs blew it & on replay refs or higher ups in review should of made corrections.
Fishing for puck & elbow accidentally hits guy who was behind out of eyesight & the other play as you described perfectly. It was a hit to the head & not by follow thru ...it was a shoulder that was RAISED.
You are so so so right. It's beyond understanding. April Fools joke by refs....no it's December.

As for your operation. Let me write in my note book. Pardon me for a minute........." Do not get operation that TNA got.
Added note : If I become dictator of Canada all Leafs fans must sign up immediately for TNA operation.
But if they only become Pred or Canuck fans they can for go this operation.  ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »

Surprised FA did not comment on the Canuck big WIN.
He's doing a service in his advising.
FA hope all is well with you.
Your posts are always missed if ya do not give your 2 cents.
Me my posts are just 1 cent compared to yours.
Your the King of posters & Chris as yous have so so many in number...
1000s & 1000s ...

Guess what.....it's a Christmas season treat. Canucks vs Pretenders. ( well have to admit Leafs have been better lately ) 
Canucks in the saloon...Leafs step outside at sundown for a gunfight.
Ya can quick draw or quickly leave town with your hockey sticks between your legs.
Yes ya can wave the white flag....
Chris just may be at the game only to find his team has left the building....va-moosed.
Canucks I hear are already taping their sticks. They are treating this game like a Stanley Cup game 7.
Oops better change that. They have not played too good when it was game 7.
So.......Canucks are treating this game like a playoff game.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

Too busy Christmas shopping and devising a game plan against the Leaves.

TNAngler

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2019, 07:41:31 AM »

Saw you guys had a good overtime win.  Congrats.  We faced the Devils, we scored 2 within the first 2.5 minutes, they then scored 2 within 1.5 minutes so 4 minutes in it was 2-2.  Was a bit of a crazy game but we pulled it out which is good.

I would agree, do not get the surgery I got.  Getting better.  Have been eating some more normal types of food (still on the softer side though) like pizza.  Less pain overall as well which is good.  Progress.  If all the Leaf's fans had this surgery on the same day it would be a quiet stadium for a couple weeks but they could sure shake a mean fist at the other team or the refs.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »

Saw you guys had a good overtime win.  Congrats.  We faced the Devils, we scored 2 within the first 2.5 minutes, they then scored 2 within 1.5 minutes so 4 minutes in it was 2-2.  Was a bit of a crazy game but we pulled it out which is good.

I would agree, do not get the surgery I got.  Getting better.  Have been eating some more normal types of food (still on the softer side though) like pizza.  Less pain overall as well which is good.  Progress.  If all the Leaf's fans had this surgery on the same day it would be a quiet stadium for a couple weeks but they could sure shake a mean fist at the other team or the refs.
Great your feeling better ! Don't worry ...Leaf fans will be speechless with or without that surgery after the dust settles tomorrow  ;D
With FA game plan ( wonder what he bought me for Christmas ? ) & the Canucks great team chemistry & in our home rink " frankly it does not look good for the pretenders " or leaves ad FA calls them.
Maybe only 1/3 or 1/2 of Leafs will even show up for the game.
Many will take the escape from game route.

Wow crazy start for Devils vs Preds.
Glad yous pulled it out.
Sure hate that name for a team. Devils !!!!
Gives me the creeps.
Wasn't there a player named Satan. But name was said ....Sa tan so it sounded not too bad.
Wonder if the player Satan played for the NJ Devils. Good fit.

As for the game between Canucks & Leafs in all seriousness it should be a great game.
Whoever Pat Quinn cheers for will win ( heavenly TV set )  his roots grew deep with Canucks & Leafs.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »

Too busy Christmas shopping and devising a game plan against the Leaves.
My choice of Christmas gifts. What you bought at the store OR a win over Leafs.
Oh Santa FA "hands down " a W over the great pretenders leaves. Yahooooooooooo !
We mopped the floor with the Preds & now there's some unfinished buissness....job at hand.
Showdown at sundown.
Tuesday 10 /2019.
But in all honestly hope it's an exciting end to end game.
Their record is very similar in pts.

TNAngler

« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2019, 07:35:57 AM »

Good luck against the Leafs tonight.  Should be a great game.  We get San Jose tonight.  Going to be a good tough game for us.  Supposed to start snowing/icing here shortly so getting to the game tonight could be a struggle.  It is Roman Josi bobblehead night though and that is my wife's favorite player because he is quite good looking.  Any woman that looks at him swoons.  He is model good looking.  So, snow storm, ice storm, or not, we will be getting his bobblehead.  If he ever wanted my wife to leave me to marry him, I would be out the door so quick... LOL.  Of course he is married to a gorgeous bikini model so I am not worried.  Seriously, you should look up some pictures if you get a chance.  Their babies are going to be amazing, it just isn't fair.

Or this one is fairly recent

arimaBOATER

« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2019, 11:50:32 AM »

Yes thank you for your support in a W over the Leafs.
Whoever wins I just hope it 's a good game. End to end excitement.
There is plenty of Leaf fans in the LML ( Lower main land. ) as a lot of eastern Canadians have moved west. ( warmer winters in Vancouver...example 39 F cloudy showers at 11:35 am )
Yesterday was even warmer at this time.
Sounds like crazy weather in the mid central & east central of the USA today.
As you say icy / snowy tonight in Tennessee.
4x4 sure would come in handy.
Icy toads are the worst as when brakes applied the vehicle just keeps sliding & BANG.
Yes Roman Josi is handsome guy. Wife face ??? Average in my opinion.
Beauty is skin deep.
Ha!
There was a wrestler in the. 50s60s70s Bull Curry. He kinda looked like Mr Hyde.
One wrestler my favourite Don Leo Jonathan who died not so long ago age 80s ...told a true story. 3-4 wrestlers in a car travelling between cities to wrestle...Bull Curry Don Leo Jonathan other 1-2 guys had a flat tire & no jack. Bull Curry stopped a passing car & asked the driver if they could borrow their jack.
The stopped driver looked at Bull Curry's face & pissed his pants I guess as he just sped away !!!!
Curry's face was one only his mom would of liked. But he was a good guy.
If you watch a match between Don Leo Jonathan vs Abdulla the Butcher (Japan match) you will see Jonathan's strength & agility.
All the best in your matchup against the Sharks.
Sharks are a good team. Gotta work hard to beat them.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:52:42 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »

Toronto as the tv guy said: Draws first blood
Gee quick draw showdown at sundown sundown there is a showdown.
Leaves "pretenders" 1  the Great Marvellous Canucks 0
 RATS ....Canucks start to play better when they are behind a goal. Wakes them up.
Go Canucks Go
Mop the floor with the Leafs....
EDIT IN: Leaves "pretenders" 2. The Great Marvellous Canucks 0  (end of the 2nd period.)
No Comment at this time. >:(

Congrads to Preds. Big win over Sharks.
Goals to spare.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:39:44 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »

Chris will be gloating once he gets back to Chilliwack.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »

Chris will be gloating once he gets back to Chilliwack.
We had 3 breakaways.
Stopped cold.
Leafs had break downs but Anderson held the fort.
He know how to stay relaxed & cover the angles. He has cat like reflexes to react to the shot.
Both teams skated well & both teams deserved to win.
They did we did not.
Leafs have that swagger or maturity that they have from playing pressure games in the playoffs. They know how to capitalize on their chances.

Canucks need to mature mentally. They get frustrated easily.

:'(
Thought we'd take this one.
Showdown at sundown sundown there was a showdown. In the quick draw gun fight we took 4 bullets & fell face first in the dry street dust of Dodge City.
We did manage to get off 1 shot & got them in the leg.
Boesor had eight shots & the majority of them quality ones.
Maybe next time he will skate in closer & fake the shot & deke & put in open net....

If that fails the Vancouver bench could throw lit fire crackers on the ice to try to distract Freddy A.

FA your game plan worked. 39 shots.
Where credit is due give it.
Congrads to the Toronto Maple Leafs & to Chris. They got the job done. They skated & checked hard.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »

Enjoyed the game but missed having Nova there for our win. https://www.facebook.com/chris.gadsden.7/videos/10159256067654056/

TNAngler

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »

Congrats Chris, sorry A-Boater and FA.

As for us against the Sharks, we came away with the win, thank goodness.  It got pretty nasty though.  The Sharks started gooning it up and picking fights.  At the end of the second period we ended up having 3 of our 6 defensemen in the box at the same time along with another guy in for fighting and a game misconduct.  Was able to come back halfway through the 3rd.  Evander Kane was a bad bad boy.  He got into a fight with one of our defensemen where he dumped him onto the ice and jumped on him and started wailing on him, got dragged off by one of our other guys and they then dropped the gloves and started wailing on each other.  Our defenseman got 2 minutes for roughing, Kane got 2 minutes for roughing times 2, 10 minute unsportsmanlike conduct times 2.  Our other guy got 10 minute unsportsmanlike conduct so Kane was out all but the last minute or so of the game.

No score after 2.  We had a number of really good shots, a couple that got past the goalie and were trickling toward the line only to be scooped out at the last second.  A lot of real close tough chances that got stopped but then we finally got one behind the net, dumped quickly to a guy in front of the net and got one in.  Then had a power play and had two guys in front of the net and one was able to shove it in.  Sharks pulled their goalie and scored almost immediately with under 2 minutes left but then we got an empty net goal which killed all attempts on their part.  Strong, tough win but was nice to get.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2019, 12:20:03 AM »

Enjoyed the game but missed having Nova there for our win. https://www.facebook.com/chris.gadsden.7/videos/10159256067654056/
Watched the video on Facebook.
Chris's upload & I could feel the electricity & excitement.
On the tv broadcast the crowd noise gets filtered out.
Being at the game ( either Canucks or Lions ) is 100x more excitement than watching on boob tube.

Chris mentions Nova & I hope his health is ok. He has not posted for a long time.

Also quite the game too in Nashville. Sharks tried to goon it up. TNA good report.