Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154961 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »

Yeah, two teams heading for a head on collision tonight.  Really hoping it is a good battle of two teams desperate for a win, not two teams that are doing all they can to lose, only to be thwarted by one upsmanship by the other team.  But, if you want heat....

THAT'S ONE, THAT'S TWO, THANK YOU CANUCKS (since I don't know which goalie will play yet), MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER.  HE SHOOTS.  HE SCORES. YOU SUCK!!!!!!!  CANUCKS.  CANUCKS.  YOU SUCK.  IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.  IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

There, do you feel better? :)

As for my voice, I am the king of strange medical issues.  I have a stretched uvula.  It is the little thing that dangles down at the back of your throat.  I woke up one day a couple months ago and instead of being 1/4 to a 1/2 inch long, it is about 1 1/2 inches or maybe 2 inches long.  It is easily irritated and causes me to have a sore throat if I cheer, sing, or even talk a lot and then I end up coughing which makes it even more sore.  I go in for surgery Wednesday to have it cut down to a normal size.  Looking forward to not having that issue but doctor said I am going to hate him for 2 weeks after the surgery.

Wonder if TO will get the "new coach" bump that some teams get where the players are suddenly more inspired and play hard.
OUCH !!! Licking my wounds on that HEAT !!!
My face got kinda "flushed" reading...Capital Letters even .....ouch ouch ouch.
Well guess I deserved it "big time".
If Canucks sweep the ice with you guys it will be medicine.  ;D
If we lose ...my wounds will not heal ...maybe get worse....maybe a tie after 60 minutes so it will be saving grace for both teams. Guess you need the bonus pt in OT or SO to have fans go home happy.

TNA hope the operation goes well. Sounds like it will be painful after operation.
(prayer for you that all goes well.)
Enjoy the game. It should be a good one.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »

Well TNA what a crazy game. The stats were in Preds favour I guess. Yous got more shots.
The Vancouver tv guys calling the game stated the Canucks scored 3 goals on 3 shots on the first 3 power plays.
That must be a new record.   
6-3 really does not tell the story.
With the chances Preds had they could of won this game 6-3 instead of losing 6-3.
Remember one of the goals was shot into an empty net as Preds pulled their goalie.
Seems Preds just can't get a break.
Markstrom makes multiple saves...rapid fire.
Or yous hit the post ...
One of our goals is a slapper from Miller from the blue line.
Your stopper makes a reaction. Then the puck hits a Nashville stick a the shot now takes off at a dif. angle right into the right top corner. Your goalie has zero chance.
Both teams came out with effort but the Canucks had the puck luck.
By end of period 2 yous were out shooting us by a lot.
Preds need to string 2-3 wins to get their swagger back & positive frame of mind.
Sometimes when a team goes thru a time like this ya need a player to lay a big body check on the other team that may be trying to take liberties on a team that's down.
Team rallies ...gets on a winning track again.
Or maybe a player that yaps it up ....he kinda becomes the steam release valve ...
Yous have too good a team to get loss after loss...

TNAngler

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2019, 07:49:40 AM »

So frustrating.  We dominated 5 on 5.  It wasn't even really close.  However, we let you go 5/6 on the power play and score an empty net goal.  A couple really bad bounces and just bad puck luck on the power play while it seemed we could get none.  Allowing 5 power play goals though it just insane.  It didn't look that bad but for some reason your power play just destroys us.  Over 2 games, 8/9 with no 5 on 5 goal except for the single empty net goal.  Had one post, one that trickled through and just wide where you guys had two trickle in.  Just horrible luck and really frustrating.  Not sure how to fix it either.  We are getting the chances, we are even getting some goals although not as many as we had been.  The first thing of course is to stay out of the box, especially with lazy stupid obvious penalties.  Part of that is them just being frustrated but the way to be less frustrated is to win and the way to win is to stay out of the box so stop shooting yourself in the foot.  Grrrr.

Oh well.  Maybe they will pull it together soon.  I think once they turn it around they will dominate again for a while and quickly get right back into the race.  Maybe they are gripping their sticks too tight, trying too hard, whatever.

Hopefully we have turned your luck around and you guys will get a boost from this win and go on a little streak.  Knock out 15 in a row or something crazy.

As for surgery, yes, it is going to be extremely painful.  Thanksgiving is Thursday so no turkey for me.  I get to eat stuffing and mashed potatoes and that is it.  Only soft food for probably a week, if not the full two weeks which is going to be hard.  Was told I won't want to talk for a while either.  Home game Monday and Wednesday but will have to watch the Wednesday game from home which makes me even more sad.  Oh well. 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2019, 06:48:18 PM »

FA & I would like the Canucks to play the Preds min. 25 games per season.
Please Preds go in the sin bin.
With this plan we are guaranteed to get into the playoffs every year.
3 shots 3 power plays 3 goals.
I rest my case.m
( Preds puck luck has to change ... If not the players will have to see the shrink...& fans too. :))

EDIT IN: TNA yes to reply ...hope both teams can go on a run ... winning streak.
Remember the Flyers when Pat Quinn was their coach went on 20-30 game non loss stretch or something like that.
Pat Quinn had a bro / relative ??? John Quinn & he was a pro wrestler.
In the WWF he was the Kentucy Butcher.
Quinn & bulldog Bob Brown were a tough dirty tagteam in the Vancouver parts in the early 1070s.
John Quinn pasted away not too long ago. Pat gone too. Roger Neilson Capt. Video gone.
Harry Neale not sure if he's kicking...ex Canuck coach & on tv Hockey Night in Canada.
Anyways try make the best of it with operations ...missing games...pain...just think in a week or two everything will be better. We had a lively guy on tv which some liked but many haters...Howie Meeker.
He 'd show plays of the game with his telestrator....player went here ...puck went here...this player should of went here ...Jimmy be kicket...
He'd blink like an owl when his time was up.
Life is good till the nuke bombs start dropping & 1/3 of world zapped.  :o

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:23:53 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2019, 01:04:32 AM »

Canucks beat Caps 2-1 in the SO.
How's them apples.
Keep the coach Mr T Green sir.
Leafs doing well with new coach.
1 W on Thurs & Sat W ???
They were leading 4-3 but do not know final score.
Preds turn to improve.

TNAngler

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2019, 06:50:08 AM »

Oh, but we did.  Be glad you didn't play us one game later.  Played the Blues and things looked much different.  18 seconds in, take a shot from the outside, good hard shot, goalie blocks it and the rebound goes right to our guy on the other side of the net who has essentially an empty net, GOAL.  Not long after that, defenseman gets the puck on the wall and throws it toward the net, hits one Blues player in the thigh, hits another in the chest bounces toward the goal, hits the back of the goalie's stick and goes in.  Now there is some puck luck.  They got one, then our checking line had a break away where the rookie powered in front of the net, tried to push it in but was blocked but guy following behind was able to grab the puck after the block and shove it in.  They got one more in the 3rd  empty netting on the power play but then we got an empty net goal to seal it.  It was pretty dominate and the Blues have been good. Did pretty well on the penalty kill, only allowing the one when they went empty net and that one wasn't easy.

Hearing the quotes from the guys, seemed like they had the right attitude.  Coach also got asked if he felt any pressure from management and said no which caused quite an uproar by the reporters who thought the answer was quite conceited the way it was given.  Not sure if that is what lit a fire under the team although it just seemed like they actually got the puck luck Saturday that they haven't been getting.  Play them again tonight.  Hoping for the same result.

Glad you guys kept winning.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »

Just what the doctor ordered.
Preds win over Blues.
Yes a fast heavy shot creates rebounds most times ( goalie handcuffed or just reacts to stop but no time to smother the puck. Bounces off chest leg pads or stick/blocker )
Tonight's game will be interesting.
More of the same or revenge / comeback.

EDIT IN: 
Preds win over Blues 3-2 in SO
Must of been a super exciting rematch.
Congrads.
Must rethink the idea the Canucks play a Preds 25 x per season.
I'll pass on that one.......
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:16:08 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2019, 08:48:40 AM »

One of our best players got hurt in the first game against the Blues.  Complete crap.  He was standing in front of the net, Blues player cross checks him, making him fall into the net (almost hitting his head on the crossbar).  He starts to get up and the Blues player then cross checks him again in the back.  First one got called.  They let the second go but the Blues player then gets suspended 4 games for the second hit (how it wasn't a second penalty or a game misconduct I don't know).  Our player is out 4-6 weeks because of it with a lower body injury.  Looks like he messed up his knee.  The guy is a repeat offender too so 4 games is just crap.

Last night's game was good.  We went up 2 goals but then kind of lightened up and let them tie it up.  Had some amazing blocks at the end of the game.  Overtime was super exciting.  Probably half or better of it could have been a highlight real by itself.  We usually suck at shoot outs but somehow pulled it off.  Very exciting.  And getting max points against the division leader in back to back games is huge.

Good luck tonight.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »

Cts give a guy 100 yrs in prison for sexual crime...
Cts give a murder ( road rage or whatever ) 3 yrs out in 2.
 ::) >:(
NHL gives such low punishment for those two cross checks !!!
Unreal the guy should miss 30 games minimum !
Come on ...1st cross check is bad enough & the to lose it & repeat the action.
Plus repeat offender.
A mere slap on a wrist.
He's going to keep cross checking thinking he's going to get nearly away with it.
Ya Canucks lost 2-1 against Flyers.
Next game hopelly results will be better.
Close but no cigar sometimes.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2019, 07:06:06 PM »

Canucks had a 6-3 lead over Pens.
Lost 8-6.
Where is the defence in this games?
What was in those water bottles?
Game is not over till it's over.
5 straight goals. >:(
against...............
Where is the work ethic & will you win...or finish well.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2019, 05:50:31 AM »

Just blame it on global warming A-Boater “melt down” ,but don’t Penguins live in the Antarctic, so that cant be the problem!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »

Canucks had a 6-3 lead over Pens.
Lost 8-6.
Where is the defence in this games?
What was in those water bottles?
Game is not over till it's over.
5 straight goals. >:(
against...............
Where is the work ethic & will you win...or finish well.
We are rolling right along now. ;D ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »

Just blame it on global warming A-Boater “melt down” ,but don’t Penguins live in the Antarctic, so that cant be the problem!
;D ;D ;D
Plus these Penguins were far from moving "slowly" ...
Beat us to the puck during the meltdown.
At least this was not a playoff game.  8)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2019, 11:57:16 AM »

We are rolling right along now. ;D ;D ;D
Feel like a swordsman who just lost his sword & the other guy has his or 3 hockey players on the ice wearing same jersey who broke their sticks during OT.
What can I say ?
Only OUCH !
( hope we do not miss the playoffs by 2 pts...the 2 pts the Canucks had at 6-3  >:( :-[ )
EDIT IN: ya Leafs are rolling along since the coach change...new guy tweaked the team on. "How to play his hockey system...no more just skate fast & dump puck...
Hold on to puck & make plays...slow it down but go fast when needed. Seems to be working. Allows players to be more creative with the puck...not just play like a pin ball machine..

As for Vegas meeting the Preds...good news bad news. Down 2-0 the Nashville team rallies & goes ahead 3-2. Not an easy thing to do against a very very good team ...Knights.
But with mere seconds to go...goalie pulled....the Knights tie the game. Unreal.
Drop puck at centre ice. & immediately buzzer goes ending the 3rd period.
Then in OT Preds give up the puck on a bad pass....2 knight players break away...on the goalie & puck in net.
Well Preds got a pt anyways.
TNA must not be happy with ending nor the players/fans.
Plus TNA getting his operation....throat area. Ouch.
Knights are one of the teams I like watching. They seem to never have a bad game.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 02:06:35 PM by A-BOATER »

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Plus these Penguins were far from moving "slowly" ...
Beat us to the puck during the meltdown.
At least this was not a playoff game.  8)
Playoffs! Your talking Playoffs! We’re just trying to hold on too a 3 goal lead with 14:00 mins left and your talking playoffs!  ;D ;D I had to do it!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36