Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154874 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »

Ya just had to do it eh ..  ;D
Yes seen that clip a few times on sports channels.
That coach yells " Playoffs Your talking playoffs...."
But ya you make a good point.
Heard FA is traveling to Edmonton to advise.
Calgary coach bye Toronto coach bye Don Cherry bye...
Maybe FA has some tricks up his sleeve.
Or more rabbits to pull out of the hat.

Well let 's see... Canucks blow big lead. Lose. 8-6.
Let's go to the A-Z envelopes of excuses. Name of game is not to blame coach or players.
Better go far ....ok let's pick excuse in envelope S.
During game the trainer by mistake refilled the water bottles with tap water.
Well no wonder they had a melt down.

Tap water from a major city in the USA.
Their systems got stressed. Cramps in gut...foggy thinking...too much bleach in tap water so on...
Toxins bacteria lead ...
Not the Canucks fault.
The trainer's fault.
He should of filled water bottles with filtered water. He has been punished.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:57:02 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2019, 01:06:00 AM »

Filtered water & FA's Ra Ra advising speech worked in combo.
Canucks W !
Toronto rolling along ( new coach) ...got 2 pts with win over Sabres.
Preds go down to defeat 3-0 to Panthers.
Something very wrong with Preds lately.

TNAngler

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »

Hey guys.  Surgery went well but still recovering.  Thought it was getting better but then it got worse again.  Eating is a struggle.  Been eating a lot of pasta because that is about the only thing I can eat.  Tried a baked potato yesterday but that didn't go as well as I had hoped.  Some soup too but the extreme temps don't help either.  Just sort of miserable lately.

The Vegas game was crazy.  There were .3 seconds left on the clock when they scored so not even a second.  We won the faceoff, defenceman gets it, skates behind the net, guy coming to get him so he holds the puck against the board and lets the guy try and force it out.  He had plenty of time to launch a skyshot and ice it from behind the net.  There was 5 seconds left at the face off so by the time they got down to other end for the icing to be called it would have been over, or there would have been another face off at worst.  But he kept it in against the wall, which of course it was then pulled out, couple bounces in front of the net and they tie it.  Frustrating.  At least we got a point.

We had a back to back Friday/Saturday.  Friday we were dominant over Carolina, 3-0.  Saturday we looked like poo.  It was our first back to back of the season so maybe the guys just weren't ready for it and were too tired.  Better get that figured out though before too long.

Lot of drama around the team lately.  One of our centers that we are paying a lot for has been a healthy scratch for the last 6 games or something.  There is a lot of discussion as to why.  Doesn't seem like he is hurt.  They called up two guys from the minors and they are playing while this guy making something like $6 million a year is sitting.  He hasn't been playing terrible either, he is like 7th on the team in points even having sat out these games.  They put him as the 4th line center and he wasn't producing a lot down there but that isn't a shocker.  He has more points than a couple other players that should be scoring a lot.  It is all very strange.  There was speculation that he didn't want to play wing and this is his punishment but the GM came out and said he has expressed no issue with playing wing.  One of our top wingers is down but they called up a minor leaguer instead.  I would have thought the back to back would have been a great opportunity to get him in there and get some fresh legs on the ice but even then they still won't play him.  It just seems strange.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2019, 02:19:25 PM »

Glad the surgery went well. Preds' play isn't helping with the recuperating process.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »

Glad the surgery went well. Preds' play isn't helping with the recuperating process.
2x.

Stay away from rye bread with thick crunchy peanut butter with sesame seeds by spoonful added to sandwich.  ;D
Jello maybe. Too cold maybe.
As FA says...your team is playing so-so thus must halt the healing process.
( so so bad games with a odd win )
Like you say it 's a puzzle a good Pred player is sitting out ???
Think Preds & Canucks will get more W's in December.

TNAngler

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »

Yeah, that sandwich would kill me currently.  Jello would be ok except it might be too cold.  For Thanksgiving I had stuffing doused in gravy and it was still rough.  Today is better than yesterday.  Realized last night that breathing through my mouth in a cool bedroom didn't feel good so focused on breathing through my nose while I slept as much as I could and woke up feeling better.  Trying to keep that up today.

And for hockey, we had won 2 against St Louis, lost the bad one in OT against Vegas, then won again before the bad loss so it was getting better.

And crazily, the practice lines today are all screwed up.  Our line 2 center is practicing as wing on the first line, the guy who hasn't played in forever is centering the second line so sounds like he will get to play.  Just so freaking odd.

TNAngler

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2019, 10:22:29 AM »

Preds are on NBCSN tonight if you were wanting to cheer us on.  5 pm start time for you.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »

Preds are on NBCSN tonight if you were wanting to cheer us on.  5 pm start time for you.
Yes the game starts 5pm on Sportsnet.
Lightning vs Preds. Will definitely be watching. Preds play well against them in ten meetings.

Our Canucks on tube at 7pm local time vs Sens.
Big story of Ottawa Sen. tough guy seeing a Vancouver robbery. Smash auto glass & grab bag.
He warned the guy 3x to drop the bag. Result by robber You $9&@#%£^ F %*+=>}{
So he close lined him off his get away bike.
Robber date with Vancouver's finest & bag returned to rightful owner.

Actually as you say beating Blues 2x straight...Preds can get it done.
Canucks can play so very good & other times stink out the rink.
Reminds me of your team too.

Keep healing & breathing thru nose.

Operations boo. Hate going to hospitals / operations etc....
Was in one 2 nights ...heart attack / stent put in ...4 yrs ago I guess it was.
Finally fell asleep ...some noisy patients...about moaning...then hospital whr. wakes me up wanting to take some of my blood for tests  >:(
Boooooooooooooooooo.
Now I do not eat cheesy corn chips or potato chips ( little sometimes. ) ice cream pies bacon high fat milk on & on...
Move rest & eat properly ( & in my case "pray daily" )
Kinda do the above but sometimes not.
Like drinking a bottle of French Red Wine & listening to the tons of material / songs of EP to 4am.
( Elvis P ) no one is perfect.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:46:33 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »

Tampa wins over Preds in OT.
Turris gets a goal who returns after healthy scratches ????
2-2
Great pass & scores from left side. Back door goal. Tic y Tac y Toe goal did them in.
The amazing stat is in a 5 minute penalty Preds keep Tampa to only one shot on goal !
How did they do that ?
Shots were about the same.
Canucks leading 5-2 with 11 minutes to go.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »

Canucks win big and TO lose big. Time for a scotch

TNAngler

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2019, 07:36:38 AM »

Ok, so, haven't seen the commentators on TV yet but am curious on your take on the hit given by Johansen and then the hit taken by Carr.  The first results in a 5 minute major and a game misconduct (guy was bleeding but returned the next shift).  The second in a 2 minute minor that led the us tying the game (guy left the game, no word on him but you know he spent a lot of time in a dark room).  I am curious what someone that is mostly impartial thinks about the two hits, the two penalties, that type of stuff.  I will withhold my comment for now.

I was at the game.  It was tough not cheering.  I had talked way too much during the day for work already and was struggling.  However, for both of our goals, I started yelling only to catch myself almost immediately but sadly too late so both goals were bitter sweet but were worth the pain.

There were a couple people on twitter saying that Turris's goal was a big "FU, don't ever healthy scratch me again" to the coaches.  We will see what kind of punishments are handed out.  If Johansen gets suspended then we will need Turris for sure but if he doesn't and Carr is able to play on Saturday, who knows what the coaches will do.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »

Seen the Johansen elbow & to me it looked totally accidental.
Not even a penalty.
Now if G Howe was playing did he not give nice elbows by the bakers dozen.
In today's hockey Gordie would of been suspended 50% of the time thus his stats would be 50% less.
Broke away from game to go to washrm or whatever & missed the other penalty.
But definately Johansen elbow looked innocent to me.
Congrads on getting a pt.
Preds had the better chances but your goalie made some fantastic saves.
EDIT IN: my take on the game is both teams really competed. Fans got their $$$ worth.
The amazing surprise is the score was only 3-2.
With all the quality scoring chances / "posts" ...the scored could easily of been 5-4.
Lots of skating & offensive plays.
The refs blew it. They did not have their thinking caps on. ( dunce hats refs wore this night )
& FA how sweet it is. Two big wins by the Canucks. Ring of honour night.
Ya TO blew a tire against Flyers. Flyers poured it on in the 3rd period.
Leafs let up & Flyers did not.
Your scotch must of tasted extra good to top off the night.
Canucks got back their " fire plug "
Small guy but big heart. A Burrows clone work ethic.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:24:42 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2019, 07:03:45 AM »

Here, this is a video of the hit.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1202065025361420288?s=12

Johansen got fined $5000, max fine but no suspension.  The hit above was a 2 minute penalty and nothing further from player safety.  It was the guys first or second game back after a 4 game suspension for a hit to the head.  The guy that got hit left the game and did not come back.  That was why when we got to overtime, everyone was exhausted.  We were at that point two players down.

TNAngler

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2019, 07:13:15 AM »

We are off till Saturday so hope you guys have a lot of good hockey in whatever games you play.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2019, 12:03:29 PM »

Here, this is a video of the hit.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1202065025361420288?s=12

Johansen got fined $5000, max fine but no suspension.  The hit above was a 2 minute penalty and nothing further from player safety.  It was the guys first or second game back after a 4 game suspension for a hit to the head.  The guy that got hit left the game and did not come back.  That was why when we got to overtime, everyone was exhausted.  We were at that point two players down.

Ok trying to calm my feelings.
This reminds me of the movie  "hang him high" western. Where Clint Eastwood gets roped around his neck & hanged on shady evidence. He was innocent. But a person near by cut the rope.
WTH these calls were totally totally wrong.
It 's clear as the nose on our face.
The one penalty looks like an accident.
He's going for the puck & the other guy comes low & by chance the elbow catches him.
He gets $5000 fine for what?
The other penalty the Tampa guy lines him up like a target & purposely nails him in the head area.

He should get the fine plus 10 games min. UNREAL.
Are the brass league officials smoking pot ???
There should be major protests & an investigation in these two calls !!!
It should not be water under the bridge.

Hope the Preds fans get together & make their feelings known to the league as this is total total bullsh...Big outcry needed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36