Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 166558 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 12:35:09 AM »

Well both our teams lost last night. :(
Canucks looked like they just went thru the motions.
2 empty net goals counted against us.
Season has so many games..it's difficult to play to peak play in every matchup.
Travel 80 plus games ...if the season was  60 games & 2 days off between each game teams would be ready to go & play well.
Preds played good 1/3 of the game then the wheels fell off. Floodgates opened up.
Colorado just had so much energy & jump that they would of beat any NHL team.
Yous can rest up for the Sharks game & regroup....
Be ready ...buddy but ready...for Tues.  :)

TNAngler

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2019, 06:55:24 AM »

Yeah, the commentators were talking all game about how it looked like we weren't ready for the altitude.  That they just had no legs and while they came back to take the lead at the start of the second, like you said, the wheels completely fell off.  It was pretty rough but it only counts as one loss.  So many turn overs leading to odd man rushes or complete break aways.  You can only expect your goalie to do so much.  Just seemed like the zip wasn't on their passes and like the Canucks, were just going through the motion after the first couple goals in the second.  Couple really good chances after that and there was a thought if we could just get one more in the net that they might be able to find their second wind and make it a game but their goalie stood on their head when that goal was needed.

Last game we played was Monday.  Heard they went to Vail on their day off.  Wonder if they didn't play too much stuff that is not hockey that they were too tired.  Who knows.  Oh well. Saturday, then Tuesday.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2019, 02:06:01 AM »

Canucks lose another one.
& where did their goal production go ?
Bring out the oil can. Canucks are rusty.
Or or...Canuck coach is like a good jockey.
He knows when to ask more from the team & other times to slack up his expectation.
If a team goes full out every game & pulls out the stops...they will burn out & have nothing left for the playoffs.
Look at last season. Some teams with a great W/loss record by regular season end got bounced out early in the playoffs.
Soon the coach will be asking the team to go all out.....say about Tuesday.  :)
Yes maybe too much fun for TNA's team at Vail or altitude. Good pts.
One of us will be thinking on why our team lost or won.
I'm practising our coming Canuck victory speech over the Preds.
Canucks play against Preds  2 x in a short time from now "me thinks."
Preds are going down pal. Down down down. One two three we pin their shoulders to the ice.
1-2-3 or submission or we will throw Preds over the boards for a count of ten. Count out.
.....kidding of course. Just hope it 's a good game. Like you said a true fan enjoys good hockey play from his/her team or the opposing team. Sportsmanship. ( but hope we W though...............)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:13:30 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »

Heard thru the grapevine that Preds got a pt in the standings from their game against the Sharks.
Well done.
2-1 in SO.
Both goalies played great.
Forsberg had the multi-million dollar defence man all over him but he still roofed the puck high in the top corner close in. He is a one man show.
Sharks tying goal had Saros slipping & siding & flopping about.
Hope he's in the net against the Canucks. We are loading the machine guns & cannons with pucks.
On Tuesday it will be an all out assault on your goalie.
Lord have mercy  ;)

EDIT IN: well well ah ah ah...Canucks lose "again" ...4 game skid.
They are either shooting blanks or a goal or two. Devils 2 Canucks 1. Boooooooooo....gee I hate that name for a team....Devils. spooky.
The oasis has dried up I guess...
What is the trouble ? Hope it's not the chemistry.
I have seen Markstrom the goalie express lots of anger. Smashing stick etc...
Anger is ok to show one is not happy losing but the anger cannot continue a long time...downer will be felt or effect other players.
Players have to support one another & I hope the team is doing that.

Guess the have to win on Tuesday to put a skid on the losses....no better team to do it against than the Preds  8)
TNA is quiet. He's flying low so low even the radar cannot pick him up.
Imagine he will surface soon after his team losses or wins the next game.
Going to have to take the title Submarine Chris & give it to TNA. ( Submarine TNA )  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:26:15 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »

I don't post on the weekends.  Also dealing with my third kidney stone in 6 weeks.

Game against the Sharks was interesting.  Got a point at least.  Looking forward to tomorrow night as long as I am not in too much pain.  Hoping for a good hockey game all around.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 01:26:40 PM »

I don't post on the weekends.  Also dealing with my third kidney stone in 6 weeks.

Game against the Sharks was interesting.  Got a point at least.  Looking forward to tomorrow night as long as I am not in too much pain.  Hoping for a good hockey game all around.
Ouch sounds painful. Never had one but 3 stones in 6 weeks. Can just imagine what the pain feels like.
Is it like a sharp pain every few minutes? Like a knive stabbing you or a steady dull pain? Is it the tap water in your area or too much salt in your food? What makes those stones to form?
Anyways hope you get well very soon.
Take care.
Yes me too. Regardless who wins hope both teams compete & tries hard.
When Preds are firing on all cylinders they are hard to beat.

TNAngler

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2019, 07:26:54 AM »

It depends on the size.  Luckily this one is small.  Generally there is a constant burning pain in your side followed every so often with the feeling you just got stabbed and someone is twisting the knife.  The bigger they are, the more the burning pain turns to being a five alarm fire and the stabbing feeling is almost constant.  Took me 4 weeks to get through the last two so I have had 2 weeks off before getting this one.  Definitely not enough time but this one is smaller so generally it is some advil, heating pad on my side and lot of water.  Then every so often it is a quick hit that hurts for a second or two.

It runs in my family.  My dad still gets probably a half dozen a year.  My brother has had a decent number.  I have had a lot more than my brother but less than my dad over the same period of time.  They don't really know what causes them.  Some of the types they have pills you can take that prevent you from making them but not mine.  They have some thoughts on what i shouldn't eat but I didn't eat much of that at all and still got them.

Hockey will be late tonight but excited for it.  No hockey Thursday, have to wait till Saturday, that isn't cool.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »

TNA wow sounds painful.
As you state it runs in your family.
Well take it easy & enjoy the game laying on the heating pad...
Hope ya get 100% better soon.
7-8 minutes left in the 1st period & so far it's quite even play.
Both goalies not having to make many but they look sharp when needed to make a stop.
Preds on the power play & Canucks nearly scored on a break.
Seems like both teams are checking closely & feeling each other out.
What did they call the close checking games ....the trap system.
Petterson's birthday today...one of our best players.
We gotta keep your big guns from getting any clear/open ice.
Chess match.
EDIT IN :  1-1 after 2 periods.
Our forwards have had 3-4 shots 8-10 ft in front of Preds net & they shoot wide????
Preds outshot the Canucks by a wide margin.
Preds are looking stronger,better skills,more physical,better shooting style....Preds look to be in a higher class than the Canucks at the moment.
Get the oil can out ...oil in the hips ...oil in knee area...oil in ankles...oil in the shoulder,elbows. & wrists.
Coffee & donuts between periods so they can have energy for the 3rd & turn this game around.
Our coach at the best of times talks very soft & low volume.
Think he better talk harder & louder to his players between the 2nd /3rd period.
Hope he has that in him.
Maybe he will try to talk loud & yell it up....& he may start laughing....& then the Canucks team has a big laugh too... They just know Coach personality is so laid back ...he just cannot yell & get mad. ( my take ...maybe I'm wrong )
Good news the game is 1-1 . It could be 3-4-5 for the Predators.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:49:17 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2019, 09:52:00 PM »

5-3 Canucks over the Predators.
Strange sorta game.
Think the Canucks knew they had to look after their side of the rink & with the man advantage they got 3 goals... The Preds wanted an end to end wide open game & with their snipers they would of won this game.
Canucks just stuck to a close checking game & Preds got frustrated somewhat.
The good chances they got Demko our goalie made the big save more often than not.
When they meet again in Nashville & with that loud crowd...the Canucks just may lose big possibly.
Hope they come up with another game play to get another W over Preds.  :)
Nashville had more shots  but lacked finish in this one.
Preds have snipers & good skaters...size...tough guys ...good stopper...Preds should get lots of wins in their next games.
Sutter injured.
Injury prone since he's been with Canucks.
Re occurring injury I guess

TNAngler

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »

Yeah, crazy game.  We need to be less aggressive on our penalty kill.  Your goalie made some amazing saves.  Our goalie had to stand on his head a couple times.  Not sure how he made some of those stops.  Definitely didn't play like we should.  They also moved around all of our lines.  Some of them were clicking toward the end of the game but the first period and part of the second it was just people getting used to each other.  It was an exciting nail biting game which is what everyone wanted.  Look forward to the rematch.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2019, 06:59:28 PM »

These two teams hardly play against each other so when they do meet it's like "get to know each other time" ...it was in the Canuck rink & they just stuck to skate check pass & shoot game. Canucks did not get physical. So the Predators being guests played basically the same way.
Mr Nice guys.
But if the Canucks would of threw 5-6 big hits in the 1st period than all bets were off & Nashville would of played their style. Physical & hard offensive go for the net hockey.
Now that the Canucks beat them in Vancouver, the next game in Nashville will have the Predators coming out with revenge. I bet they will skate faster harder, be more physical & my guess best the Canucks by 4-1 or 5-2.
80% sure that will be the score.
90% believe Preds will win.
But in hockey I've been surprised by outcomes alot.
Just never know what happens in a game.
One thing I see is if the Canucks play against the Preds in a series think the Preds win "hands down " because Preds can play physical & skilled hockey. This blend is the secret to go far into the playoffs.
On the other hand Canucks are far from physical or a team that can take big hits.
Can a non physical team win the Stanley Cup in today 's hockey.
Do not think so.
4-6 NHL teams yearly want that Cup so badly they will pound the other team with big hits trying to weaken & wear them down.
Defence & offence & physical play = Stanley Cup.
Canucks style = early exit from play-offs.
They know if they get too far into the playoff they will be pounded with hit hits...so they may win 1-2 rounds max.
Just for a show. ( we tried sort of ...to save face. )
Conclusion is the Preds have a team that can go all the way & win the Cup.
Canucks no they do not.

TNAngler

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2019, 06:55:59 AM »

I would say that hitting is not as important as it used to be.  The year we went to the finals, we didn't have any big hitters.  We played fast and hard and used our speed to win.  Although we faced some hard hitting teams in the earlier rounds (Blues and Sharks) and were down a couple players in the finals because of injuries because of that so maybe there is something to that.  I don't know that it is so much being able to hit, it is being able to take the hits or avoid the hits and not get injured or let it affect your play.  I remember we had a bunch of guys where the opposite team would come in for big hits, we would side step it a little and they would mostly hit the board and then our guys would laugh at them, piss them off and then the other team would get a penalty because they would do something stupid like an obvious crosscheck or interference.  If you can learn that skill, you guys might have a shot.  We didn't learn it till pretty close to the playoffs.  We were the bottom seed entering the playoffs and everyone predicted Chicago to make the final and even win it so there wasn't much consideration given to us.  Until we swept Chicago, not allowing a single goal in their stadium and allowing them the lead for only like 20 minutes the entire series.  Then some people started paying attention.  Anything is possible if you get hot at the right time and your style of play matches well against another teams.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »

Cup winners need 16 wins.
It could take 28 games if series went to 7 games.
Game basically every 2nd night.
The physical teams will be hitting anything that moves near the boards & God help you if players try  to go for rebounds or plant themselves too close to the net.
Bruins in my opionion were so bruised up by game seven as were the Blues ( but not as much ) ad Blues were so physical.
In game 7 in Boston the Bruins looked sheepish to go for the net.
Or try to dig out the puck near the boards...they knew if they did so a big hit was coming.
By the time teams get to the finals they are hurting. My back my ribs my knees my wrists & hands ...
Ouch. And the losing team in the finals ...all the hurts & bruises really are much painful.
The winning team feels tired but aches somehow are not as bad ....because they are so so happy !!!!

TNAngler

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2019, 08:10:36 AM »

Drinking beer, vodka, or whatever out of a big silver cup definitely helps ease some of those pains.  LOL.

Hopefully the couple days off will help the Preds for their game tomorrow.  Season is still early but don't like looking up at people :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »

Your team will be ready. They will win their next game.
Those days off will help them to refresh / refocus.
Canucks lost to Dallas yesterday in Vancouver.
I'm shaking my head....how could they look so dominate for a series of game & now look like a bunch of choir boys chasing a bouncing ball ?
They are just chasing the puck.
Looking at their play is like eating baby food out of a small jar.
Preds style is to skate hard & be on the offense. But if the other team wants to play physical against them they have the size & toughness to return fire or just be able to take hits but not slow them down from the game plan.
On the other hand if a physical team nails the Canucks team they will be on their butt & they only yap yap yap ..hot air ...wag tongues....