Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 5 pm TV News  (Read 5134 times)

arimaBOATER

5 pm TV News
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »

Checked out the tv news today.  Some of the top stories about allegations of excess self serving spending. One statement that it could be in the millions? How could this happen? Is there no check & balances? Makes ya wonder how much more $$$ is mis spent in the various departments. Hey I lived in an apartment building for 5 yrs. Owned a 1 bedrm & I got wondering about our building council. Any hanky panky in the $ spending. Lots of $$$ in maintenance monthly fees. Does someone on council push for a certain grass cutting company. ( maybe it's a family member that owns the company or a friend )
But that's small potatoes compared to the $$$$ in government. If charges are fact God help us...
Plus how much false billing goes on ?
Then there's a story about people being shot in some hotels in the interior. Not surprised. Then way down the line of stories ..6-7th story tells about a $40 million donation towards the Art Gallery in Vancouver. Tell ya one thing if I gave a $40 million dollar donation I'd hope it would be the top three stories of the day on the tv news.
Must be the sign of the times. There was a time if there was personal mis spending in Victoria, forums would be having 1000s of posts. But I guess bad news is so common we've become rather numb by it all.
We just do our job & hobbies & drink some wine or smoke a joint.
Or just get out in nature away from the rat race & traffic / cement jungle & dip our fishing line.
Try to find a quiet spot on the river ...if too busy a few heated words may be said.  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: 5 pm TV News
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »

I like your style A-BOATER.  Daryl Plecas is certainly making a name for himself.

You should start a Journal like Gadsden, maybe collaborate ;)

GordJ

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:09:08 PM »

I’m with Dave, A(doesnt stand for a-hole does it?.) boater should do a post every day. Give him his own forum.
And how come it’s taking the lords name in vain to say “god damn” but not when you say “god help us”?

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »

Their is also many First Nation bills that are quietly making their way though the system that will change recreational fishing and respirce use as we know it.

Back in the day that stuff would of made head lines on here.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »

Politicians regardless of political stripes are thieves. Remember former Governor General Adrienne Clarkson and senator Mike Duffy's extravagant expenses ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »

I’m with Dave, A(doesnt stand for a-hole does it?.) boater should do a post every day. Give him his own forum.
And how come it’s taking the lords name in vain to say “god damn” but not when you say “god help us”?
GordJ thought over what ya said. My first reaction was to defend etc...
But your right I do post too much. Each website is unique. Different people/characters. On another website there are a lot of posts by "yours truly" (not called A-Boater though) but the other members are equal in their rapid fire postings. So my posts though many are mingled within their many posts so...I do not stick out like a "sore thumb".
My hope though was not to outpost anyone but was hoping others would outpost me.
FWR gets lots & lots of views but sometimes people do not post much. ( of course sometimes they do )
No hard feeling on my part. GordJ I know many members agree with your view / some may not.
I in comedy called Chris & NovaBonker submarines because they do not post in the sports topics for a l o n g  t i m e sometimes.
 Well I'm going to call myself Submarine Al.
I better detox & go cold turkey & post less on this site.
A diesel / electric sub gotta come up for air sometimes so....I'll be back.....need to learn to post less.
But thanks for those who have regularly replied to my post topics. Remember Jesus loves you & devil hates you. Do not trust politicians car salesmen & most of all "some" priests pastors tv evangelists...  ;D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:14:02 PM by A-BOATER »

GordJ

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 09:32:43 PM »

GordJ thought over what ya said. My first reaction was to defend etc...
But your right I do post too much. Each website is unique. Different people/characters. On another website there are a lot of posts by "yours truly" (not called A-Boater though) but the other members are equal in their rapid fire postings. So my posts though many are mingled within their many posts so...I do not stick out like a "sore thumb".
My hope though was not to outpost anyone but was hoping others would outpost me.
FWR gets lots & lots of views but sometimes people do not post much. ( of course sometimes they do )
No hard feeling on my part. GordJ I know many members agree with your view / some may not.
I in comedy called Chris & NovaBonker submarines because they do not post in the sports topics for a l o n g  t i m e sometimes.
 Well I'm going to call myself Submarine Al.
I better detox & go cold turkey & post less on this site.
A diesel / electric sub gotta come up for air sometimes so....I'll be back.....need to learn to post less.
But thanks for those who have regularly replied to my post topics. Remember Jesus loves you & devil hates you. Do not trust politicians car salesmen & most of all "some" priests pastors tv evangelists...  ;D
I’m sorry if my post was poorly worded. It was meant with no disrespect. Your posts are the most interesting on the board some days. I find them thoroughly entertaining since you backed away from your mission to educate us on your belief system.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:38 PM »

Takes a big hearted guy to use the words "I'm sorry".
But no sorry needed as I'd rather ya post what's on your mind at the time.
You have the guts to let me know how ya felt. I learned from it too.
Gotta pace my posting....single shot & not machine gun.
Ya I know when it comes to religion topics it drives the average person nuts. No wonder because there's the tv evangelist who have 700 million or so in their personal bank accounts plus all the JWs Mormons then Catholics Protestants & the other religions...it's enough to make a person to puke.
But I have felt both the Holy Spirit & a demonic presence so ya that makes a guy believe every word from the Book of Matthew to last chapter of Revelations. ( New Testament ) People can pray from their home & never enter a church. ( nothing wrong with church though as long as the pastor is the real deal & dedicated ) but GordJ happy ya said your mind today & I learned from it. Pace my posts. We should all contribute equally.
Ya Dave / FA all your pts reminds me of examples of white collar crime. wildmanyeah your right. We who have some grey hair & a few years under our belt see the processes changing ...yrs ago there would be an major outcry. It's like a tug a war ...squeaky wheels get the grease.
If we ever got everything fixed at least 90% for the good. The powers that be will get old & retire & the next bunch of white collars & the squeaky wheel self interest groups that replaces them will screw it all up again !!! Then our system would be back to running 50% ok &  50% all outta wack.
Reminds me of 4 lost hikers coming to 4 forks in the trail. All 4 start arguing which trail they should take  ;D
Ok that's my post ...so in this Discussion Forum I'm going 100 ft below the surface. Back in a few days.
Das Boot 

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 05:36:56 AM »

Looking forward to your return!!

banx

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »

a-boater. I like reading your posts.  but do us all a favour and toss in a few 'enter key' strokes.  paragraphs make it much easier to read.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »

Hopefully, some of these people will be charged - this is fraud.
None of this "pay it all back and everything will be fine" stuff.

Reid was the Speaker at the time and attempted to defraud the government for a trip to Africa for her husband.
She had to pay the money back and that seems to be the end of it.

fishdreamer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »

Politicians regardless of political stripes are thieves. Remember former Governor General Adrienne Clarkson and senator Mike Duffy's extravagant expenses ?
These guys are not politicians they are management staff. Protocols for politicians regarding expenses are very tight. Not accurate to paint all politicians in this case.

santefe

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 07:17:27 PM »

Correct they are not politicians, but there is some political affiliation, therefore the government, elected MLA's have a duty to see who is minding the store.  Can't convince me that much of this wasn't common knowledge or gossip around the legislature.  I think  there was some wilful ignorance about these goings-on.
Just my 2 cents...

fishdreamer

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »

Correct they are not politicians, but there is some political affiliation, therefore the government, elected MLA's have a duty to see who is minding the store.  Can't convince me that much of this wasn't common knowledge or gossip around the legislature.  I think  there was some wilful ignorance about these goings-on.
Just my 2 cents...
I agree on that part for sure. Kinda like the money laundering which I hope exposes the bad ones.