Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 145734 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2019, 12:45:45 AM »

Someone should check on Chris

TNAngler

« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2019, 06:45:46 AM »

Not only was it 4-0 but we also only allowed 18 shots on goal, which is a season low for Toronto by I think I heard 4 shots.  We also got our other main winger back.  Coincidence?  Hmm.  Second line center still out as are a fourth line winger and a third line defensemen.  We are center heavy though so this set of injuries I think we can make it through.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »

;D
From beating the Canucks to as TNAngler said record low shot count this season for the Leafs & losing 4-0 to the Preds !!! That's like winning the Lotto & then 2 days later your MD gives ya bad news.
Surely the report would be Chris is kinda stunned,in shock,dumbfounded,...even I must take back all the kind words said about Babcock ...( new name Badcock ) he did not have his team ready. There should of been a riot in the streets. Enough on the Leafs...what about those Preds !!!! These guys are raising the bar. Word has gotten around that teams better be ready when playing this well oiled well coached well fan liked team. Stay away from injuries & the flu bug &  watch out.
What about a lot of players not wanting to go to the All Star game. Such a long season & long playoffs honestly do not blame a player.(s) If the teams got 3 days off before & after the game 99.9 % would go.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:45:20 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2019, 07:12:33 AM »

I would say it is more like being told the kids are going away for a long weekend so you have a couple days kid free to relax, only to be told that your mother in law will be coming during that time and has some projects she wants you to help with.  LOL

arimaBOATER

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2019, 12:01:40 PM »

I would say it is more like being told the kids are going away for a long weekend so you have a couple days kid free to relax, only to be told that your mother in law will be coming during that time and has some projects she wants you to help with.  LOL
OUCH !
No your example is much too painful.
Leafs would have to lose to Preds in game 7 for your example to kick in !!!
 ;D
Need a Canuck win fix.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »

Preds visiting Chicago. Hawks not the team they were a few yrs ago but rebuilding - star players getting longer in the tooth - plus winning 3 Cups is it? tells the story,nevertheless they do not lay down & die. To best the Hawks a team will have to play their best.
Hawks tie the game in the 3rd ( only minutes left. ) 3-3 in OT Preds get goal 4 for the win.
Both teams played super & really good stops by both goalies.
Preds really were flying & their sheer fast skating got them many great chances & that 4th goal.
These guys skate really fast.
If Canucks lose tomorrow maybe I'm going to shift my attention more & more to this Nashville team.
They are playing great hockey.
I 'd like to see them take on Vegas. Both teams play so similar.
Congrads to Preds. Hawks happy with the point. 

TNAngler

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »

Yes, it was a good game.  Were not happy to give up the tying goal but you really should start watching more of the Nashville games.  Especially now because they are so very exciting and very fast.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »

Great resilience by the Canucks tonight. Fought back three times to earn a single point.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2019, 11:10:30 PM »

Great resilience by the Canucks tonight. Fought back three times to earn a single point.
In the books it's a OT loss but in reality it's a tie game period after 60. It's really not a loss but TIE game. The OT win or sometimes win via the shot out is to determine who will get the bonus pt after the tie. In my thinking after 60 minutes if it's a tie it should be the end of story. Both teams get 1 pt in the standings. Playing extra after 60 minutes should only be done during playoffs.
Canucks were in a dogfight. So many NHL teams are so evenly matched.
Think the Canucks have far too many blue collar guys & need hard skating types like the blue collar guys but have better shooting skills. Too many try to chip their shots but they should try to bring the puck to the side of their bodies & pick a spot & whip the puck. When a shooter had the puck & his stick is between the goalie & himself...stick ahead the shot will be weak & easier to stop because the angle of the shot is easier to read. If on the other hand the shooter brings the puck to his side he can whip the shot. Puck speed is faster & angle of shot is much harder to read. More goals.
It's a simple adjustment ... To get a side shot away ya need more space & a bit more time so it's not possible sometimes. What really bugs me is when a player has the space & time still he gets a shot away but it's an easy shot for the goalie to read & stop.
Nashville & Maple Leafs have lots of hard working players & they have learned to get a good shot away.
Basically the guys who get the goals & those who do not comes down to the sort of shooting the puck skills. Canucks need to get taught those skills. Far too many do not know how to get a good shot away.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »

Canucks win ! 5-2
Two empty net goals.
Salt in wounds  ;D
Leafs & Preds lost their last games.
Home stand for Vancouver is going well.
Coach is moving around more & bending & taking some steps behind the bench. That's a good sign.
Times he looks like a statue or frozen or in deep deep thought for big chunks of time.
Keep moving coach !!!  Rubs off on your players. Well done.

TNAngler

« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2019, 08:26:34 AM »

Preds played like poo last game.  Although, not shocking I guess that the goalie had issues.  Had back to back games, Wednesday and Thursday.  Starter played Wednesday, then backup got sick Thursday so he had to start again Thursday which we lost in OT.  Then he still had to start Saturday.  Can't be easy.  Not that he was to blame for all of it as some were just fluke goals, one that was cleared out of the zone, hit a stick, hit a skate and bounced in.  Just bad luck there.  Thus ended our longest road trip of the season.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2019, 11:55:02 PM »

If the Preds played like poo the other night as TNAngler stated they played like roses tonight. Blasted the current reigning Stanley Cup Champions 7-2 !!! Mind you Preds had a day off before this meeting & Caps played the Blues yesterday. In fact out of the 12 games in Jan. a total of 50% of the games are back to back for the Washington team. No wonder OV is not wanting to go to the All Star game...he'd rather rest up for 8 days or ...& get suspended for a game ( for not going to the All Star game )
Preds are doing great & hopefully they can stay that way in the play-offs. They really fooled me last year in the playoffs. They played just super one game then they played just absolutely terrible then they played great then just terrible....yoyo teedie tarder up & down....but it's a team where they all have to work hard...if too many leave it all to the better players to get it done...the good players just may not have a good game so.....a big loss. If each player works hard then the other guy works hard a ripple effect thus they all go out there & work their butt off. Get some slackers then the other guy gets pissed & he slacks ....

TNAngler

« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »

I felt bad last night.  It was like beating a puppy.  Given the goalie was having to go back to back and we just experienced that with our goalie, I understand how that can lead to a rough game.  That being said, the goals the Preds scored would have been hard to stop anyway.  Two last minute extreme tips, one spin-o-rama that confused everybody.  The two break away goals likely could have been stopped.  Another was a pass from the circle to a wide open guy right in the slot, goalie didn't stand a chance unless it was shot right at him.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »

I am fine and I was was in a badminton tournament on the weekend in Campbell River and now touring the Island. :D :D :D

Chris Gadsden 70+ MS
Chris Gadsden
Walter Hrybko
Ronald Jordan
Michael Hrybko

arimaBOATER

« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »

Thank goodness you are ok Chris. Man of many hobbies & adventures. Good exercise too. Moving bending.
That's one down two still on TNA's & my mind. We are very concerned about FA as he has not posted recently & not even after a Canuck win a few days ago. Hopely someone checks on FA  ;D
Well Novabonker if he's well gets the new title Submarine Nova. Chris is no longer submarine Chris..
( hopefully both guys FA & Nova are doing well. )   Maybe FA went into an outhouse after a guy we know was in there before. FA never exited after so rumour has it. Carbon monoxide gas!!!!! 
Gee I'm 50% cheering for both Canucks & the Preds.
Canucks play tonight against Oilers. Oilers are really being pushed by media fans & coach to get more wins.