Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 157325 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »

TNAngler you've had "lots on your plate" lately. Thanks for sharing. Ya I (we ) missed your posts.
Life sometimes has times that are trying. Guess ya had the flu bug as heard thru the grapevine it's going around throughout North America. Heard the prov. of Saskatchewan has 1500 confirmed cases.
When I'm having a lousy sort of day the thought comes to me that millions in the world are having 10x a more worst one. Recently an elderly couple's car got T-boned by a locomotive & dragged the car 3/4 mile down the track. Long coal train takes a long distance to stop. Both in their 80s were killed. Think of all involved this affected in one way or another. Locomotive crew...relatives...first responders...the 80 plus yr old couple. Hope you have better times ahead in 2019 with the majority of your days good as opposed to bad. Ya the Preds have had some stinker games but lately good outings. They sure have lots of challenging games ahead. For example from Fri to Mon Red Wings,next night Habs, then on Mon. the Maple Leafs. They will have to bring their A game or else they just may win only 25% of their coming challenges.
Leafs lost tonight after leading by two goals. Tears tears tears & head shaker. May I say "unforgivable".  Hope the players get only "bread & water" for two days. ( ;D )  oh no bad news for the Canucks. They got good goaltending as the norm by Markstrom but Price put in even a better outing. Stopped everything including the kitchen sink. And Peterson got his leg twisted by accident tangle with Habs player. At least it's not a concussion again. We do not need an Eric Lindros situation. Concussion after concussion. Think the leg twist is not serious. Hope not. May nothing be torn in the knee. ( Booby Orr / Bure ) My guess he will be out for a week. Our big weapon out possibly for the Toronto game. Booooooooooo! Your right FA Canucks will be ready for those guys in TO on Sat. even without our star player or who knows ...maybe he will be dressed. Fortunately we do not have religious Jewish players on the Canucks. They do not like playing or doing too much on Sat. Day of worship & rest on the Sabbath.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:03:27 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2019, 07:45:59 AM »

This was just a cold but it was nasty and has hanged on for too long.  Finally clearing up though.  Lot of days on the road driving though and down with family in TX for the holidays.  Of course, we had our priorities straight and planned the trip around making it back for our next home game.

What made the year even worse was I was hoping to come up to participate in the sockeye fishery this past year but because of the court battle, I was not allowed to visit my parents.  Been 3 years I think since I got to fish for anything but the bass I have around here and while sockeye is not the best, it is better than a bass.  Might schedule a vacation to Alaska instead since the Fraser fishery is very hit or miss lately and we have to schedule so far in advance, hit and miss is tough.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »

Ya some colds/congested lungs take time to clear up. Do not get sick very often but last July basically the entire month got so sick like being hit by a truck. Flu like & spitting up stuff all day long. Crazy.
My doc is drop in place & tries a few times even 1pm & not taking more patients that day....
Went to ER & sat for hours & hours so after $14 parking I just left. Do not wish that cold/flu like that for anyone.
Check out Rod's vid recently in discussions on that floating lodge trip. Think it was for 3 days but surely it could be booked even longer. Ya say ya want to go on a fishing trip...
Good news !!!!! Petterson is walking better than yesterday so my guess he 'll be back on skates in a weeks time !!! Hope so.
If the Canucks beat the Leafs without Petterson ....WOW ! If Canucks lose well there is an excuse. Team was in mourning at the loss of their star teammate & just not ready in any way shape or form to play the very very good Maple Leaf team. ( ;D )  All the best to the Canucks & see what Pred team comes out to play in their next 3 games. 3 games in 4 days.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2019, 06:08:04 PM »

After 2 periods Preds are leading 3-1. Can they bring it home for 2pts & get the W.
In Detroit Preds were ahead by 2 goals but the 60 minute mark 3-3. Red Wings get the W in OT.
But they get a pt in the standings.
Canucks & Leafs are in a dog fight with close checking & fast skating. Canucks are pacing themselves but Leafs are going full out both ways of the ice. 2-0 Leafs & they are fully deserving of the score.
My hope is the Leafs will sit back a bit & try to reel in the Canucks into their net.
Play them like a fish.  ;D  But hoping the Canucks will turn it on & hit another level & the Leafs maybe tire in the third after their full out 40 minutes... Canucks possibly tie up the game & get the W.
The start of the 3rd looks like the same....mind you that's only one line & let's get lots of line changes & let's see if my prediction unfolds....Go Canucks Go. Go Canucks Go Go Canucks Go...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »

Canucks got shut out by the Laughs tonight. Hope A-BOATER is not taking the loss too hard. I recommend a glass of red wine to assuage the loss. We will rebound...........just wait and see. Meanwhile TNangler is probably celebrating the Preds' win tonight with a glass of bourbon. Isn't bourbon the preferred libation in Nashville ??  :)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »

Canucks got shut out by the Laughs tonight. Hope A-BOATER is not taking the loss too hard. I recommend a glass of red wine to assuage the loss. We will rebound...........just wait and see. Meanwhile TNangler is probably celebrating the Preds' win tonight with a glass of bourbon. Isn't bourbon the preferred libation in Nashville ??  :)
Do not want to even look at the bottle as had 1/2 then a little more & then polished it off. Ate something that kinda got my stomach bloated feeling :o so red wine is like a medicine. ( stomach medicine ) Listened to Elvis...even two CDs of the Rolling Stones. Must of played alot of their songs 3-5x in a row.
Do not even want to say the time I "hit the sack " ( let's say it was so late it was early. ) Good part was I barely had a hang over. Most time do if I drink that much.
Congrads to Chris & the Leafs !!! Advisor & coach got the team ready. Get set ready go.....
Chris must be happy !!!
No excuses. So what if we lost one key player. ( Petterson ) The team had to step up. Leafs got the pucks on the net & we did not as much. Wonder what the shot count was?
Ya FA TNAngler must be a happy camper.  Win in Montreal & they played in the motor city the night before. These Predators are surprising me. Honesty thought they would lose both games.
Bread & water for the next few days for the Canucks !!! Boooooooo. Leafs are the better team.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »

Elvis and Rolling Stones ? Good taste in music.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2019, 03:40:28 AM »

Made short work on the team from Vancouver for sure, at least a couple of posters on this thread enjoyed their bottles of brew to try and cheer themselves up some.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:05:17 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »

Made sort work on the team from Vancouver for sure, at least a couple of posters on this thread enjoyed their bottles of brew to try and cheer themselves up some.

Go back to your badminton. :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »

Ya I'm tempted to address Chris as Submarine Chris but that's only a temptation...decided not to call him Submarine Chris. Thank goodness the Canucks lost on Sat & not today. Jan. 6 is my birthday & now am 64. Think will drink at least two glasses of red wine. (Later ...when things around here die down)
Babcock the Leaf coach reminds me of Trump. He works his magic. High energy!!!
He has control of his team. Leafs players look up to him. When the Leaf players skate hard it does not look like work for them. Players are free from any invisible chains & they play like they are enjoying themselves. No stress or head games ,they just go out & play. Looks like they are floating on a big cloud in a blue sky. Team looks so unified & at peace. Our players seem to work hard at times but look like it's a lot of work. One game they bust their butts off & win by a goal then go downhill for the next couple of games. Like they need a 3-4 day break between games. Our coach is a nice guy but as Trump would say...low energy. Never smiles ..hardly talks during the game. Does not move too much behind the bench. Like a turtle on a log basking in the sun. Moves their head ever so often. I mean he should have a horse whip ( can't hit the players of course) but he can slap the whip around on the glass or on the wall or boards...on the bench...when his players look sluggish. It's called a picture worth a 1000 words. See this horse whip slapping the boards boys ....this means you lazy B get out there get the lead out.... ;D These two teams will meet again in Vancouver & the Canucks better pull up their pants a little higher & lace up their skates tighter & put extra tape on their stick ...if they are going to compete better against this very very good Leaf well tuned oiled running machine.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »

Babcock and Trump in the same sentence ? Better check the wine you're drinking A-BOATER. Trump is not a magician. He's a bully and a liar. He's shut down the government. Markets are in a free fall etc. etc, etc

arimaBOATER

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2019, 10:43:52 PM »

The game of politics...right turn other party NO left turn..
They dis-agree for the sake of dis-unity. Argue  & never get along.
Anyone with logic when they have 1000s & 1000s coming across the border non stop from Mexico a Central America & S. America knows there's a limit.
If it were happening to Canada ( say 1000 people weekly ) coming in BC from boatloads & landing on our shores we would be up in arms.  China is the bully for stealing patented inventions & not paying for it. Right now it looks bad but "no pain no gain".  Medicine may not taste good but it works! My wine is just fine. It will all work out ....when WW 3 starts & the dust settles. The war to end all wars till the next time. Happy Birthday to me!  ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2019, 07:40:51 AM »

Our longest road trip of the season, starts out with 5 games in 7 days.  3 points in the first two, we will take it.  Have gotten another back from the injured list, another huge part is very close.  Could be a good trip if they keep playing like they did Saturday.  Hoping for good things.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2019, 06:15:17 PM »

Our longest road trip of the season, starts out with 5 games in 7 days.  3 points in the first two, we will take it.  Have gotten another back from the injured list, another huge part is very close.  Could be a good trip if they keep playing like they did Saturday.  Hoping for good things.
2-0 Preds over Leafs with 15 minutes to go in the 3rd period. Will they bring it home ?
If Leafs pot one in it will be an interesting finish.
If Preds win they get awarded the FWR sports NHL trophy.
Three teams were in the running...Canucks FA's team Leafs Chris's team Predators TNA's team.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2019, 07:43:00 PM »

2-0 Preds over Leafs with 15 minutes to go in the 3rd period. Will they bring it home ?
If Leafs pot one in it will be an interesting finish.
If Preds win they get awarded the FWR sports NHL trophy.
Three teams were in the running...Canucks FA's team Leafs Chris's team Predators TNA's team.
Congrads to TNAngler. His team the Nashville Predators beat the Toronto Maple Leafs (Chris's team) 4-0.
Yep 4-0. No I'm not lying. 4-0!!!
Unreal. They are the winners of the 2018/19 Fishing With Rod NHL trophy. Canucks & Leafs lost & only Nashville got the wins. Think the Canucks softened the Leafs two nights ago so they were sitting ducks.