Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 157520 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »

Merry Christmas from me, Matthews, Marner and the boys. ;D ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2018, 07:13:33 PM »

Merry Christmas from me, Matthews, Marner and the boys. ;D ;D ;D
The same to you Chris. Stay safe & healthy. Many blessings & years ahead for ya guy.
Your Leafs are doing very well. It should be an interesting game when the Leafs & Canucks meet.
Hoping to say after the game...."Well the Leafs lost to the Canucks" ( Hope I'm not saying "Well the Canucks lost to the Leafs"  :'(  )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »

Another 2 points for the Canucks.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2018, 12:26:43 AM »

Markstrom played super. We were out shot but still win. Good placed shots are hard for the goalie to stop. Edmonton had shots go off the iron etc...
Canucks are getting that winning chemistry. They look like a close team. If players start to gel like & respect each other they build a trust. Got each other's back. That's a team that's willing to put the effort & try to go all the way ...to the Cup. As the bliss winning the Cup so the pain of losing in the finals is a bitter pill to swallow. One team are victors & the other are victims ..victims of defeat.
Hoped the Canucks would beat the Oilers 14-0  ;D
Nashville lost 2-0 but they out shot Dallas. Any justice at all the Preds should got the W.
Name of the game is get shots on the net...Preds did that but still nothing to show for it. Next game ...try again. That's all a team can do. One game at a time & let the chips fall where they will.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2018, 11:16:15 PM »

Seems like the Laughs overindulge in turkey over Christmas. Lost 4-0 to the Islanders. Meanwhile the Canucks and the Canadian Juniors both won.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2018, 12:02:16 AM »

Not a good night for Chris's. & TNAngler or should I say TNAnger. What is this 5 game losing streak ?
But it was a close score & they again could of won the game. They are in a slump like the Canucks were in a Nov.
Maple Leafs too much turkey according to FA !!!  ;D maybe the turkey stuffing had some bird feathers in it. Rumour had it there were some turkey feathers on the ice. 20 or so...where did they come from...coughing or oh no not from there ......
Fee fiiiiii fooooo fummmmmm me smell Maple Leafs in the air...that means the Canucks will be playing them soon. What will be said after the dust settles...Canucks were beaten by Leafs OR Leafs were beaten by Canucks ? ( hope the Canucks beat them 14-0 )
Life is so sunny even if it 's gloomy outside when your team wins. 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »

Canucks lost to "Devils" ( hate that name for a team. ) 4-0. Backup goalie in ...no wonder.
Boobs on a bull. We need a better backup goalie me thinks me know.
What it does not compute !!! Caps ahead of the Preds 3-1 but a Nashville makes a comeback & wins 5-3 or something like that. Unreal ! Guess the Preds have a few tricks in their bag. Oh ya the boys moms were at the game. ( true. ) Look mom we can win against the NHL champs.
TNA must be a happy camper!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »

Happy New Year 2019 to ya Chris FA TNAngler & fans of sports fishing & sports.
Hope the Leafs Preds & Canucks all go well into the playoffs as each team looks promising. Hard working & some very talented players. Did you see the tick tac toe plays by the Preds comeback over the Caps??? When things are working watch out for whoever plays against them. Thought I'd better say a few positive things about the Preds because sometimes....... ;D
Gotta stir the pot ( in fun of course. ) FA should run in politics. He never posts when the Canucks lose.  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »

Canucks lose ?? Fake News !

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2019, 05:22:41 PM »

Miss me?  Lots of issues with my ticker but I'm coming  along.
And how about those Canucks. I'm not planning 5he parade route......yet. Seems like they're  getting a leap up from last year. I watched young Mr Hughes and see a lot of potential coming online soon. GO CANUCKS!
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »

And how about those Canucks. I'm not planning 5he parade route......yet. Seems like they're  getting a leap up from last year. I watched young Mr Hughes and see a lot of potential coming online soon. GO CANUCKS!

Welcome back. Hope you're feeling better. We're making the Canucks great again.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »

Nice way to start a new year. Another 2 points. Rebuild coming along nicely

arimaBOATER

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »

Yes Nova missed you. Many times thought about you. Whenever rugby story came up on tv news I'd think "That's  Novabonker's interest" Sorry to hear about your heart problems. 3 yrs ago I had a heart attack. Even died for 9-10 secs but nurses got my heart going again. Stent put in at St Paul's hospital.
Felt really weak ,dizzy after leaving the hospital & I kinda thought my life was going to be short. Like from an 8 cylinder to a 2 cylinder engine.  But in a few months my strenght got better & better. Now do walking & bike pedalling & feel really good. Not sure what your heart condition is bi pass, heart pacer or stent etc...but stay away from cheesy bag corn chips,potato chips,fries,deep fried foods,fatty red meats ( ribs etc...) lean cut of beef ok 2-3 x a week ( small potion. ) cheese ice cream . Use extra virgin olive oil & medium heat if frying eggs ...eat only 1 yellow per week but all the white of egg ya want. I use mayo that says it's made with olive oil. ( still use sparely ) natural peanut butter ok & so too cashews. Eat leafy lettuce greens..( rinse /wash in salty cold water & rinse 3 Timex to get salt out. ) mashed potatoes whole wheat bread..Becal use sparely. Carrots good broccoli,white onion garlic ..sugar is not good, pies baking goods..also bad oil /fat in baking goods...white flour products no good. Sugar drinks...use skim milk... A really good cereal is original Cheerios ( the one in the yellow box has 5x less sugar than the other Cheerios ) Quaker Oats is a great choice ..add in banana milk a whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter. Coffee is ok with slim milk ( whitener ) Pork tenderloin is quite cheap to buy. I cut it in slices & fry on medium heat with alittle olive oil. Beer is not good. 1-2 a week ok I guess. Red wine a 1/2 glass is ok. I'm on 3 meds..against my MDs orders I stopped taking atorvastatin about 2 months ago. That medicine's side effects were sharp pain in the body. Touched my side of ribs & ouch!!! Felt bruised but no bruise. Some doc on the public tv station says lots of doctors are starting to not recommend statins (atorvastatin ). He stated it also affects the cells of the body. My thinking is try to eat healthy control weight exercise get rest ...oh I do drink red wine too much sometimes...other times 5-6 hrs sleep...sometimes eat some junk foods but try on a whole to live a healthy lifestyle. Trust in The Lord & not get angry or argue ...in other words try to live peacefully & calm. Getting angry is too hard on one's life & heart. You maybe know all the above info. Try to stay away from restaurant food. 90% of it is unhealthy. I may eat a fresh slice pizza ( low fat cheese / whole wheat dough  ) every 2-3 weeks. But your own home cooked meals are best. You control what it is & how it's cooked. Steamer pot is super to cook vegetables. Move / exercise most days as mentioned. Even 20-30 minute walk. Legs sore just go 2x a day 15 minutes each time.
Yes this is not fake news ( FA mentions about fake news a lot  ;D ) Canucks get the win in OT 4-3.
Canucks & Sens trade their back up goalies. Neilisson is a nice guy but not a steady dependable goalie. Let's in too many stoppable shots. Go Canucks go ! They will be playing the Leafs soon...have to get that announcer from Vegas ( boxing fights ) "Let's get ready to rumble...in this side of the ice The Vancouver Canucks & in that side of the ice the "leaves" as FA would say....that's mean ok the Toronto Maple Leafs."
Lastly get well Nova....hope that ticker gets stronger & stronger...one day at a time.  :)

TNAngler

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »

Sorry for my absence.  Holidays and being sick and dealing with some custody and court crap, just been a long couple weeks.

The Preds looked bad during the losing streak.  Really bad, it was horrible watching.  Then they got back one of the top line wingers and they look better but still lose the first game, then they start winning, with strength and like they used to.  Or maybe it was the moms being there.  They always do well on dads trips so maybe the moms whipped their boys into shape too.  The Preds we saw Tuesday night shutting out Philadelphia was the team we love.  Hope they are back and do not go back to what we were watching.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2019, 07:22:06 PM »

Disappointing result in Montreal tonight but coach Green will have the boys ready to play on Saturday