Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156139 times)

DanL

• Old Timer

enough bad behavior visible on the V-C for some to say sport angling for salmon there should be shut down.
There's enough bad actors in every sector, for every fishery to be shut down, based on this logic.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

I agree! ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Quite a few people fishing on a Monday, but that's ok, lots of room. ;D Pretty good one hour session at first light, managed to hook four, released two wild fish that were both quite big, kept a hatchery fish around 8, and lost one just before the net. Lots of very fresh fish still showing up. Few more days of this low and clear conditions which I can't really complain about.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Just as many bites this afternoon. Once again the bites were better while sun was still hitting the water, it actually stopped once it got shaded. 0 for 3 for me. 1 for 3 for Nina... a 5lb hatchery doe.

fic

• Old Timer

Lots of rain on Tap. River will be mocha by Sunday ???

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

A little slower this morning, these fish are finally smartening up. ;D Popped one off on the spoon, then popped another one off on bait, before the reel exploded and ended up with a massive birdnest, then went back to the spoon and caught a hatchery buck around 6 or 7lb to end the morning outing.

Water had a bit more colour this morning after last night's rain, but height remained unchanged.

dobrolub

Graphs are seeing sharp and dramatic growth dynamics in water levels as I type.

clarki

• Old Timer

Fished the river this morning from first light. My normal haunts in the mainstem weren't producing so I went exploring and came across a pod of coho tucked behind a log jam. Sight fishing them, bang, bang, I hit 2 hatchery fish on jigs and then they closed up: a combination of me pulling out the two most aggressive fish, the thrashing of those two, and the commotion of a foul hooked chum that stampeded around that little pocket like a p!ssed off bull. I rested the pocket and came back about an hour later, but the remaining coho were not having it.           

clarki

• Old Timer

Graphs are seeing sharp and dramatic growth dynamics in water levels as I type.

It seems that way until you check the scale on the y axis and you'll see that it's only increased by .025 m or 2.5 cm.

You get a better perspective of the relative increase if you adjust the date parameters to span a period of time greater than the past 7 days.   

dobrolub

It seems that way until you check the scale on the y axis and you'll see that it's only increased by .025 m or 2.5 cm.

You get a better perspective of the relative increase if you adjust the date parameters to span a period of time greater than the past 7 days.   
That's why I am saying "dynamics" :). I want to believe!

BBarley

Not enough rain fell today to do anything substantial to the levels/clarity. A few heavy showers here and there but I wouldn’t expect the levels to bump more than a few inches.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer

DanL, nice to meet you and fish with you and your friend Doug today.  Not much fish to hand (at least for us anyways) but the fishing experience was quite enjoyable.  It was like a mini fish in.  Hope to see you guys on the flow again. 

DanL

• Old Timer

mini fish in. ha great description.

Not gangbusters, but enough action to keep it interesting for everyone and incomparable company. 10/10 would fish with again.

Intermittent rain throughout the day, but the lower remained low and clear. Pretty decent first light bite, spotty until mid-day then quite slow in the early afternoon. Floated roe, casted flies, and twitched jigs all were seen to produce today.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

mini fish in. ha great description.

Not gangbusters, but enough action to keep it interesting for everyone and incomparable company. 10/10 would fish with again.

Intermittent rain throughout the day, but the lower remained low and clear. Pretty decent first light bite, spotty until mid-day then quite slow in the early afternoon. Floated roe, casted flies, and twitched jigs all were seen to produce today.

Hey... Where was I? :(

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

Thanks DanL, Stratocaster and others for the most excellent day!  The company was first class!  The fishing, well - it was a bit slow for most of us but at least we all got into coho.  It was fun watching DanL school the rest of us on his jigs (too bad I didn't bring a spinning rod).  The camp fire was great and so were the hot dogs!  Thanks again DanL for bringing and sharing the food.  This was what fishing should be all about!  Meeting great people and enjoying the day.  Hey Rodney - I think you must have slept in!   :)