Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Osoyoos lake  (Read 1951 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Osoyoos lake
« on: July 19, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »

Hey folks, I haven’t been on here in a long time, I have recently moved to Osoyoos and have started fishing some of the smaller lakes in the area with success, I have a question though, are you allowed to keep any bass caught in Osoyoos Lake ? I have looked on the regs and it only has info on Kokanee, anyone happen to know ? Thx in advance

Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

chironomidking

Re: Osoyoos lake
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »

Since bass are an invasive species and not native to BC, I would think that you can keep as many as you can catch.  Same as perch and all species of sunfish. 

chironomidking

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »

Check this page out.  Several bass groups around that may be able to provide some input.

www.fishingwithrod.com/.../lake_fishing/gearing_up_for_bc_bassin.html

chironomidking

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »

I have a question though, are you allowed to keep any bass caught in Osoyoos Lake ? I have looked on the regs and it only has info on Kokanee, anyone happen to know ?

Have a look at the region wide regs for limits for each species (bass are listed). The water specific regs are for when they differ from the regional limits. If a species isnt listed then there is no limit (in freshwater).

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 09:05:33 AM »

--you may also want to keep an eye on DFO site...if enough sockeye reach the lake there may be an in season reg change to allow fishing for a limited time. Single barbless. Other Salmon also reach the lake via Columbia/Okanagan. Fishing for salmon is closed...unless specifically open. You also need fresh water salmon endorsement if the season opens.
--As indicated by others Bass and Perch limits are as per regional and not lake specific for Osoyoos at this time. Local hardware store has a decent selection of Bass gear.

Quin

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 04:37:51 AM »

Always check the regulations yourself, just to be sure. While you can get some excellent advice and help on forums like this one, you can also get information that's just "wrong" and when the officer writes out the ticket, he makes it out to you, not that guy on that internet forum  ;).

yoda

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »

Went through the same thing with kokanees in okanagan lake. You look at Page 77 at the very top in region quotas.
Clearly saya you are allowed 8(smallmouth or largemouth). When in doubt, refer to general reg's like i did with kokanees, so i am allowed
5 kokanees, unless otherwise specified in lake specific.