Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: where to donate used fishing gear ?  (Read 2590 times)

joan

where to donate used fishing gear ?
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:48:52 AM »

maybe some of the viewers know where to donate used fishing gear that can be given to those who want to get into fishing but really can't afford it. I have seen the   odd group looking for donations . thank's Rich

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: where to donate used fishing gear ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:15:11 AM »

Two things come to mind:

Try wookie http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40036.msg377247#msg377247

Also, check out KarateKick.  She has written before of how much her kids love fishing, but since one of her kids has a disability, there often isn't the money to purchase fishing gear.   

cammer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »

I'll take it. I give away tackle and rod's and all sorts of gear at the family fishing weekend in June Lafarge lake, most people who come to the event are rod and gear less so it will go to the cause u wanted

Jk47

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »

If Wooky is still doing his fishing with folks in drug and alcohol treatment, I second the notion of donating to this very worthy and admirable pursuit.

wookie

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »

Thanks! and yes I am.....after a brief hiatus we are back on the water and could always use gear, as new fisherman seem to lose a ton!

If Wooky is still doing his fishing with folks in drug and alcohol treatment, I second the notion of donating to this very worthy and admirable pursuit.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

Alls I know is once I donated some gear on here.  Guy shows up in a jacked up Ram truck.  I don't think he was going to donate it or use it for those less fortunate.  Lesson learned by me to vet the people offering to take stuff for free.

joan

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

Thank's for your response, as that is what I am concerned about. I will definitely be screening where it goes.  Rich

KarateKick

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »

Also, check out KarateKick.  She has written before of how much her kids love fishing, but since one of her kids has a disability, there often isn't the money to purchase fishing gear.   

Thank you so much clarki for thinking of me and my kids. I really appreciate it!