Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vehicle break ins  (Read 10238 times)

bobby b

Re: vehicle break ins
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

That's crazy.....I was parked very near there yesterday. I was only there for an hour or so, after which I headed up river.
After hearing/reading of break ins I am less and less comfortable leaving my car parked.....particularly in the lower, I also leave zero valuables in the car.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »

Put up a big notice NO VALUABLES IN CAR on front shied next time. Will it work?

Birkenhead

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »

Put up a big notice NO VALUABLES IN CAR on front shied next time. Will it work?

Not always. There have been past reports on this forum where people have done this and left their vehicle empty only to come back to smashed windows out of spite by the potential thieves.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 07:10:34 PM »

I use to have my old truck which was a base model from 93. No power no alarm,
And I would leave a sign in it saying "Rick just checking out the water conditions be back in 5 minutes"

Jk47

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

That's a good idea, or a vulgar and threatening note like, "Break into my car and I catch you -  ill break your f@#*n teeth" 😲

sthdslayer

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:02 AM »

Mine was  the same at the Yarrow corner parking lot. They used a screwdriver to punch the passenger side door and only took change from the console.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 11:24:44 AM »

One of these day I hope there's isnt going to be a break-in of the wrong vehicle at the wrong time and ultimately end in tragedy

Shinny

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 08:47:32 PM »

One of these day I hope there's isnt going to be a break-in of the wrong vehicle at the wrong time and ultimately end in tragedy

Ya it would be a shame to lose a pillar of the community who roam around breaking into cars and causing property damage throughout chilliwack  ::)

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 09:05:19 PM »

Well, it would be bad if a lone fisherman came back at an inopportune moment and had his teeth knocked in.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:07:00 PM by halcyonguitars »

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 09:51:28 PM »

Or an irate fisherman loses it on a vandal/thief and then gets to face assault charges or worse over a damaged vehicle and spare change.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:25 PM »

A few years back there was a guy selling coffee and snacks from a van at Lickman Road and Tamahi. Served a dual purpose of providing nourishment to hungry fishermen and keeping an eye out for thieves. Is he still out there ?

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »

A dumb question; Can somebody ask ICBC to put a few bait cars in the area? I'm sure the insurance claims for broken windows have already pinched them badly.

http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/newsroom/Pages/Bait-Car-Program-now-includes-theft-from-vehicles.aspx

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 07:58:40 AM »

A few years back there was a guy selling coffee and snacks from a van at Lickman Road and Tamahi. Served a dual purpose of providing nourishment to hungry fishermen and keeping an eye out for thieves. Is he still out there ?
No but i a good idea, have not heard of any problems there lately as is a high traffic area most of the time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:46:06 AM by chris gadsden »

ankey

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:59 PM »

A dumb question; Can somebody ask ICBC to put a few bait cars in the area? I'm sure the insurance claims for broken windows have already pinched them badly.

http://www.icbc.com/about-icbc/newsroom/Pages/Bait-Car-Program-now-includes-theft-from-vehicles.aspx

I hope the bait cars are deployed in the areas to root out the thieves. I feel more and more kind of scary to go to Vedder river.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:02:52 PM by ankey »

Birkenhead

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:52 PM »

That link is very outdated as the media contact listed - Sgt. Peter Thiessen, retired in 2014.

Might want to try asking on the ICBC Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/theICBC

or on the ICBC Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/icbc/