Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Used Fishing Tackle Swap Meet and Sale, November 19th 2016  (Read 13414 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Used Fishing Tackle Swap Meet and Sale, November 19th 2016
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »

Fraser Valley Salmon Society will once again be hosting its annual used fishing tackle swap meet and sale in Chilliwack. This year's event will take place on Saturday November 19th, from 8:00am to 1:00pm. The location will be at Princess Armouries (45707 Princess Avenue Chilliwack).

This is a fantastic opportunity for anglers to sell off your used fishing tackle to make room for new items. Not only will you be able to find great deals, you will also discover hidden gems that are normally not available on the market.

If you would like to book a table to sell your fishing tackle, please email Landon Gill at landongill1994@gmail.com. Each table is $15 for FVSS members, or $25 for non-members (which will include your membership purchase). New this year will be the $1 admission fee for all visitors, proceeds will be going toward river cleanups.

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Used Fishing Tackle Swap Meet and Sale, November 19th 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »

Glad this is happening again and I and flyrod will be sharing a table.  Expect some super deals on Fenwick rods from me, along with a few customs,  and Rod will have his usual bargains.
Just curious Rod, which river cleanups will this money be going to? 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »

Sorry I just put that there temporarily. I believe the money is going to that guy who's collecting all the nails with the magnet... Chris can fill in on that.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »

Sorry I just put that there temporarily. I believe the money is going to that guy who's collecting all the nails with the magnet... Chris can fill in on that.
Yes so he can purchase more magnets., was voted on last week by the FVSS directors.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »

Bump! :)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 04:12:42 PM »

Just a thought, but wouldn't you think having it in October at the peak of the salmon season be better for turn out? It would also be less of a pill to swallow for guys like me who have to drive 80+ kms to attend. I'm sure you have your reasons, but it would also be nice to coincide it with a planned fishing trip. I know I sound a little self centered, but I'm sure there are others who are in the same boat.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 01:19:53 PM »

Bump! Email Landon if you still want a table.

Just a thought, but wouldn't you think having it in October at the peak of the salmon season be better for turn out? It would also be less of a pill to swallow for guys like me who have to drive 80+ kms to attend. I'm sure you have your reasons, but it would also be nice to coincide it with a planned fishing trip. I know I sound a little self centered, but I'm sure there are others who are in the same boat.

I don't have anything to do with the date decision ;) but this was brought up a few years ago by me as well. The conclusion was that a lot of people who are selling, prefer it in November after the fishing season is done. I agree with you though.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

What do you mean by "...fishing season is done"?? River fishing season starts on July 1st and ends April 30th. And then there's prime springs and coho fishing in our local chuck. Season never ends IMHO.  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 03:33:23 PM »

The reason this date is chosen by the FVSS is the people that do the work putting it on are very busy up until around this date. Some are guiding, others away fishing, hunting etc.. Of course we have to take the date the venue is available as well. No matter what date you chose there is always some that cannot attend for one reason or another.

In the past the sale as been well attended and in most cases most of the sellers do OK.

In the month of November there is always a place in the Chilliwack area to find fish to take your float down.

Also there may be someone on this forum that would like to put on a tackle sale in the Vancouver area at an earlier ot later time of the year, I am sure it would be very successful too.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »

What do you mean by "...fishing season is done"?? River fishing season starts on July 1st and ends April 30th. And then there's prime springs and coho fishing in our local chuck. Season never ends IMHO.  ;D

Well, after November 15th, I usually pack the rods away, crawl into this cave and just watch YouTube videos until the end of March... ;) The wife brings me a bowl of rice every night so I can endure the harsh BC winter.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »

Well, after November 15th, I usually pack the rods away, crawl into this cave and just watch YouTube videos until the end of March... ;) The wife brings me a bowl of rice every night so I can endure the harsh BC winter.
You are getting way too soft, I hope we get a winter like we used to and you will see what snow drifts driven by a north east wind can do or worse still, a freezing rain storm that could see you without power for days and days.

Your cave will turn into an igloo. ::)

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

i recall a year like that......was it 2008 ?.. :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »

i recall a year like that......was it 2008 ?.. :'(
I am not sure as we have had several bad winters over the years with the ice storms so destructive. Of course the highway from Chilliwack to Abbotsford gets so bad with drifting snow it has been closed a few times. I have driven in in one of those white outs and it like a drive through hell.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 06:15:04 PM »

If that happens again I'm moving back to tropical Richmond.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »

If that happens again I'm moving back to tropical Richmond.
It is coming, we are due for a severe winter.