Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Used Fishing Tackle Swap Meet and Sale, November 19th 2016  (Read 13467 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Used Fishing Tackle Swap Meet and Sale, November 19th 2016
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 01:49:19 AM »

Well, you really did miss some good stuff Kyle ;)  I purchased a never used Abu Garcia AMBS- 6500, boxed, papers ... for $50, to be used by my daughter, and a
magnificent painting of a male chum salmon (anyone reading my recent posts know how I feel about chums ;)) by Garne Tobacco.

I sold 6 new or slightly used Fenwick gear rods at about $40 each; great deals, and probably got a few custom rod builds/bamboo restorations coming ...  so was good for me.

There has been some discussion regarding having this sale earlier, say October. That is up to the Fraser Valley Salmon Society, but I would definitely support that.
As we have said before most of the organizers are busy with guiding or hunting during October so around the November date is the one that works best for them.

Every since the FVSS started the sale a number of years back they have been happy with the results each year. It is not a money maker for them but an out reach and a gathering of friends for a day that is the most important thing for the FVSS.

No matter what date you choose, there unfortunately is some that the date chosen does not work for them.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »

"It is not a money maker for them but an out reach and a gathering of friends for a day that is the most important thing for the FVSS".

I always thought it was intended to help promote awareness of what the society was about and give them an outlet to reach out to people beyond the Fraser Valley...more attendance could have also equated to more donations towards Dave Elderkin's cause....but hey, nothing wrong with a 'social gathering of old friends' because as you say "that is the most important thing" about this event.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »

Yes your points are valid too. David did very well, enough to buy more magnets.

Check out this FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChilliwackCleanup/

Joey

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

Holy.......more  than enough nails to build ten houses ::) ::)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 11:32:07 AM »

I'd be interested to see the math of how many estimated nails he has divided by the average number of nails per pallet to get any idea of how many pallets the good ol' boys have burned.