Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.  (Read 178501 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: What A Night For Auston Matthews and Canada's # 1 Team, The Leafs.
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »

TO loses.
Van. loses.
At least the Canucks have a good excuse. Mumps.
Leafs lost very badly.
Will the Canucks win another game in 2017?
Management is trying.
Got rid of players that have not produced very well this year.
Maybe Burrows & Hanson will reload with their new teams & produce again.
Playing in Vancouver can be very taxing on the mind & body. Fans are so stunned they do not have the energy to cheer or boo. They just sit there like zombies.
Will the Canucks get a W before the end of season.
Play offs are not reachable me thinks.
They need to score more than 2-3 goals per game.
Thank you Alex and Janik ( think that's the 1st name of Hanson. )
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:37:49 AM by A-BOATER »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »

Got another nice point as we move to the playoff, I think FA's team headed the other way once again. :P

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2017, 11:31:50 PM »

Got another nice point as we move to the playoff, I think FA's team headed the other way once again. :P

Advisor should be fired for not trading for a goalie at the trade deadline. Blew a 2 goal lead. A high draft pick coming to the Canucks as they retool for the future. The future is looking bright. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »

When the Canucks got into the NHL in 1970 they had to have a head coach of course & he was named Hal Layco or something like that. By 78-1979 the Canucks would hire a new coach, let's say the 6th head coach. Yep by 78 or 79 (  8-9 years in the league they fired 5 coaches !!!! )
One head coach only lasted for 22 games. Bill Laforge in the early 80s I believe.
Like Willy D but possibly we need more of a kick butt head coach.
Like how Miller played in goal tonight. He stayed in the net stayed on his feet.
He came out when a guy had a clear shot on the wing but that's ok as he cut down the angle.
When the puck was in his zone being passed around,Miller stayed in his crease & followed the puck.
He was at the ready when shots were made.
In recent games & in the past he came out too far too many times & flopped & hot out of position. Result easy goal.
Canadians got 3-4 tall players & 210-220 lbs in trades. They do not want to get hit along the boards when they play Boston. Now the Bruins know if they get too physical with the Montreal team, the Habs have some big guys who will also hit them.
Guess who got 2 goals playing for his new team ? ( Ottawa ) He becomes a sniper ...Burrows.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2017, 10:51:46 PM »

Leafs got lit up again tonight. Heard the story before ? Another night and an another defeat. Rolling, rolling rolling out of the playoff picture.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »

Leafs got lit up again tonight. Heard the story before ? Another night and an another defeat. Rolling, rolling rolling out of the playoff picture.
More Fake news.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2017, 05:50:21 PM »

Willing to bet our resident TO advisor & fan $$$$$ that the Maple Leafs will not win this year's a Stanley Cup. Yes yes I know they have Matthews a top coach & GM but am still willing to take the plunge & great risk.
Play off hockey should start in beginning of March as 16 teams make it to the play offs.
Finals are played with too much warm & sunny days as it is now set up.
In fact if they want to start the play offs in April,NHL should just have 8 teams make it into the play offs.
Start of the season the Canucks should get an automatic 10 pts in the standings because of the extra air miles they face in a season. LA Kings Sharks Ducks auto 6 pts Edmonton & Calgary 5 pts.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:51:57 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »

Players like playing in Toronto because they have a longer golfing season than most teams. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »

Another 2 points for the Canucks. Future looking bright. The prospect the Canucks got in a trade scored the winning goal. Leafs had a good night tonight. They didn't lose. Of course they didn't play. ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2017, 08:04:09 PM »

Another 2 points for the Canucks. Future looking bright. The prospect the Canucks got in a trade scored the winning goal. Leafs had a good night tonight. They didn't lose. Of course they didn't play. ;D ;D
Canucks have sparked & have bested the Kings and Ducks.
Who is this cheery new goalie for the Canucks.
Over 40 saves for the W.
Bachman.
All the Canucks need to do is keep winning.
Play offs & Cup this year!!!!
The guy 's cheery face remind 's me of the energy of Cliff Ronning.
Keep this guy.
Leafs are resting.
Keep Willy too. He looks to have the right stuff. He is positive even though the Canucks have under achieved in the past. New Day is here folks. Canucks the real deal.
No wonder the Canucks have a fan by the name of FA.
He knew all the time the Canucks were going to become great again!!!
Leafs be warned...only one big boy belongs to be called Canada's team.
Go Canucks Go.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2017, 08:57:02 PM »

It's hard watching the team reload but the kids are looking good. I hope the Sedins retire after next season because the magic just isn't there any more. It was GREAT beating the Quackers tonight just because I hate Ryan Kesler. The "I hate Canada" line at the Olympics made me retch. The country made him a multi millionaire, his children were born here and we treated him like royalty only to have him spit in our collective face. What a pompous jerk.
http://

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »

Another great win by the Canucks. Future looking bright. Perhaps the Laughs are interested in trading for Bachman at the end of the season.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »

Another great win by the Canucks. Future looking bright. Perhaps the Laughs are interested in trading for Bachman at the end of the season.
Don't get excited as the bottom of the heap is still in sight for you, as Dave says, get your med's ready. :P

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2017, 09:23:26 PM »

Don't get excited as the bottom of the heap is still in sight for you, as Dave says, get your med's ready. :P

But a high draft pick awaits at the bottom of the heap  ;D Isn't that how the Make Beliefs got Matthews ?? ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »

We have our win tonight, the other team, I donot think so. :P