Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gravel Mining The Vedder is on Again  (Read 24572 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Gravel Mining The Vedder is on Again
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2017, 08:35:14 PM »

Noah's arc I would say from what I can see and given who the contractor is the material being used is most likely is a 3" minus product the can be used for back fill and road building on the site later on. Also they could be using some sand it really depends and what other jobs the company has coming up. Hope that helps.
Not sure if you work for them but if not the Contractor for this project and who took out the gravel is Jake's Contracting.

Gravel also went to their project on the old University site on Old Yale Road West for a housing development.

http://www.jakesconstruction.ca/projects/vedder-river-gravel-extraction/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:50:47 PM by chris gadsden »

jeff

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »

I was aware that Jakes is doing that work and that they took the gravel out and I also know where a lot of there gravel comes from and I have seen the material they are using and it doesn't look like the vedder gravel And no I don't work for them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:58:12 PM by jeff »
Enjoying the water..........

speycaster

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 07:14:02 PM »

Looks like river gravel to me and I walked on that stuff down there for 50 plus years. Easy enough to follow one of the trucks to see where it goes or just get a close up picture aftr work hours. ;D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

You could be right. Maybe it is Vedder material. But After being in the agg industry most of my working life, I know what a ton of river gravel is worth to the retail market, compared to any old fractured 5" minus is worth off the mountain. It's just not a good business decision. Or a practical one to use as a road base. Go pile up a bunch of marbles and try to drive a toy car over it.

That said much weirder things have happened. As a truck driver I would tell a guy to pound sand if I was the first one to a new site to get to try out a new road made of river gravel.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »