Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River November 25 - 26, 2015 !  (Read 13311 times)

TheLostSockeye

Re: Vedder River November 25 - 26, 2015 !
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »

Kyle, if you are stopping because of the few feedbacks you got, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. These photos and reports are great, they keep people motivated and very entertaining for those who cannot get out.

When you put yourself out there, be it Instagram, fishing reports on the forum, YouTube, etc, you will get all sorts of feedbacks. There'll be praises, but there'll also be constructive criticisms, which should not be regarded as negativity. Dave's concerns are valid, and when someone who has decades of experience telling you that you may wish to improve on certain practice, then you should listen instead of being defensive. These people are telling you, not only because they care about the fish, but because they respect you as an angler who is willing to learn and improve. If nobody says anything, it means they no longer care, so don't let them think otherwise by doing the exact opposite. Be receptive to these comments. You already demonstrate that you are a good angler, so there's nothing to prove in that department. Show them that you're humble, and you'll gain even more respect from these peers both in the online community and at the river.
Thanks for posting this Rod! Yes i do agree 100% about what you are saying. I love the constructive criticisms as i take them and apply them to what im doing to try and become an even better angler. Thats why with the bulltrout i just caught it was in the water 100% of the time, even for the photo. I will continue to practice my C&R skills making sure no harm is done to the fish.

As For the reports yes i will definitely post a few when Jan-Feb rolls around. In december here i won't be able to fish as much 3-4 times week. But once January hits its Going to be weekdays for me. I also really like reading reports thats why i started posting them. The last few years not as many reports have been posted and ive been trying to fill a void. But once i get some nice big steelhead one day ill post a report for sure.

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 04:03:22 PM »

Kyle, if you are stopping because of the few feedbacks you got, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. These photos and reports are great, they keep people motivated and very entertaining for those who cannot get out.

When you put yourself out there, be it Instagram, fishing reports on the forum, YouTube, etc, you will get all sorts of feedbacks. There'll be praises, but there'll also be constructive criticisms, which should not be regarded as negativity. Dave's concerns are valid, and when someone who has decades of experience telling you that you may wish to improve on certain practice, then you should listen instead of being defensive. These people are telling you, not only because they care about the fish, but because they respect you as an angler who is willing to learn and improve. If nobody says anything, it means they no longer care, so don't let them think otherwise by doing the exact opposite. Be receptive to these comments. You already demonstrate that you are a good angler, so there's nothing to prove in that department. Show them that you're humble, and you'll gain even more respect from these peers both in the online community and at the river.

Main word here.... HUMBLE

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »

Yeah I was practicing my C and R skills today will post photo when I get home.

Also caught my first steelhead of this season today!!!! Was a hatch but I let it go you know because it's the first one of the season! No pic of it cause I was fishing a steep drop off and nowhere to land fish.

Also I'm no longer going to be posting reports here. Everything will be on Instagram. If you want reports you can also Pm me or shoot me an email.

Good luck for steelhead season everyone!!! Tight lines and bent rods!!

Respect for taking the positive comments on board and practicing them.

Congrats on the steel and letting your first one of the season go.  I also do the same to appease the karma gods, well not really, more of a little self reminder/check that I don't need or want to be a meat fisherman.

I too share Rods thoughts on your decision to no longer post here.  It may be that myself and other more chronologically challenged anglers should get down wid da kids yo, and start to use Instagram, however I think that no longer posting your experience to this forum would be a shame. 

I have enjoyed your posts, so please take on the good advice, ignore the shyte and keep sharing the passion.  Hopefully you will inspire other anglers and help pass on the good things about our sport.

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 07:22:53 PM »

Didn't have to be careful with any of the fish i hooked today  ::)
Coho was chrome when i bonked i swear! Had out of water for a bit and it turned.

2 chums, one was my dad's. Got one on second cast. nice skeins in both. On jigs i tied myself.

Going out tomorrow if i catch something will post. But after that pretty much done till jan-feb. Want the early season to me and my friends  :o ::)

dobrolub

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:38 PM »

Well done! Fish can get coloured up pretty quickly out of the water. Perhaps also colder temperatures speed this up, not sure.

I also had a channel caught silver red spring colour up within two hours while traveling from Vedder home in a car 12 V cooler.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:17 AM »

Late season coho can do this for some reason, not really sure why either but I assume they know they're late to the party. Still tastes fine IMO.

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »

Found some beautiful fish today  ;D
Photo creds to my mom :D Thanks!

Fished first light it was -6 where we were.

These new cures ive been testing out are absolute fire!!

We then were to cold to continue fishing mid/upper so we headed lower. using the jigs i tied we hit

singles in the one. Nice skeins in the other.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:00:28 PM by TheLostSockeye »

Tenz85

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »

Nice fish.

On the forecasts it looked colder in the valley than along the rivers but it was supposed to have been windy along the rivers..

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »

Nice rbt and good release ;)

Sorry Kyle, but I have to wonder why you killed those chums?  I hope it wasn't for the bait.  Both were within days of spawning, one especially, and unless you and your family truly need these fish (and if that’s the case I apologize, and will forever rest mine) … why?

Your ability as an angler is unquestioned but your need to kill is worrying.  Again, just my $ .02 and depending on your response, probably my last post on this subject.

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »

Nice meeting you and your mom this morning, TLS. Fished the spot for another hour after you left, managed a nice chum on some purple wool. A couple others kept rolling around, too. Just curious how you keep the roe from freezing? Do you cut little golf balls ahead of time?

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 06:03:54 PM »

Nice rbt and good release ;)

Sorry Kyle, but I have to wonder why you killed those chums?  I hope it wasn't for the bait.  Both were within days of spawning, one especially, and unless you and your family truly need these fish (and if that’s the case I apologize, and will forever rest mine) … why?

Your ability as an angler is unquestioned but your need to kill is worrying.  Again, just my $ .02 and depending on your response, probably my last post on this subject.
These fish were not days from spawning LOL!
Ok maybe the one was but singles are great steelhead bait!! The other one looks dark in the photo but it's actually Chrome I just took the pic on bad angle. It had nice skiens really tight. And we are having the Chrome one for dinner tonight! Other one goes in smoker

Yes I already have a lot of bait I get that. But I just received cures from out of country and I need more roe to test this stuff out. I have 5 colours of it so I go through a lot just to even test one colour.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:09:27 PM by TheLostSockeye »

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »

Nice meeting you and your mom this morning, TLS. Fished the spot for another hour after you left, managed a nice chum on some purple wool. A couple others kept rolling around, too. Just curious how you keep the roe from freezing? Do you cut little golf balls ahead of time?

Yeah even before I cure it I cut into little chunks. I put so much cure on that it can't freeze so I never have any issues. Yeah I got a few nice chums out of there to. Long line release though :)

Nice meeting you to!

If you see me around come say hi everybody.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:06:47 PM by TheLostSockeye »

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »

NICE FISH! with all the coho you have been getting this year i may have to ask the hatchery to produce a couple thousand more eggs so we all have enough coho 4 years from now. ;) interested in your new cure formula as well. looks like a sure thing. Good job out there!

Brothersage

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »

Really Dave??????  I think he's  had enough comments regarding his C&R which he has corrected and has worked on it but now your questioning if he's killing fish for roe or food. It's  a legal fish that he caught and killed and can do what he wants with it. If you look closely rather than jumping the gun and making a big deal about it he has the fish fillet in the pic. How about we all enjoy the updates and fish reports and look in the mirror before we speak. Good job out there and nice fish bud. TIGHT LINES!!!

fishing4salmon

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »

Thank for the pictures and reports. Although I don't have time to go out everyday, looking at this always remind me of the good times i had in water and cure my itch  :D :D.

:: Kyle, I am the guy you met on lower river last week and I had the chrome Chum on below you. Thank you for sharing your jig with me. It is very hard to find an angler like you who is willing to and not afraid to share the tips with other.

Keep what you're doing here. Tight line!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:14:38 PM by fishing4salmon »