Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undercover COs  (Read 14874 times)

fossil

• I'm a llama!
Re: Undercover COs
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »

First time visited Amberside river mouth this morning, still saw lots of fish snagged by tail/belly/back, pulled in and bonked straightway...pretty frustrated.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »

If he caught something, would he be allowed to keep it?

If he had his stamp.
Not all those who wander are lost

doja

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »

If he had his stamp.

And a cooler...  And the employers permission as he is on company time... If he cuts himself cleaning the fish...  Liability....   I'd let him,  lol.  But I'm a awesome to work for,  lol

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 08:39:58 PM »

If he caught something, would he be allowed to keep it?
They probably get plenty of fish when they confiscate fish, remember when cops would take your beer and weed, ya that didn't go into evidence either.

hrenya

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

They probably get plenty of fish when they confiscate fish, remember when cops would take your beer and weed, ya that didn't go into evidence either.
from what I know about cops and beers - they make you to empty your full cans . not sure about confiscating empties :D

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 06:46:46 AM »

Not sure where you are from, but they always made us pour it out, and stomp and grind buds in to the dirt.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 07:20:11 AM »

First time visited Amberside river mouth this morning, still saw lots of fish snagged by tail/belly/back, pulled in and bonked straightway...pretty frustrated.
Why did that frustrate you? Only you can choose how to respond to other people.

If you accidentally foul hook a salmon in the ocean, you can keep it.
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/salmon-saumon-eng.html

If fish are stacked up at the mouth of the cap, almost any technique will occasionally foul hook fish (buzz bomb, spoon, jig, fly - weighted or sink tip). There isn't enough flow to fish a dead drifted jig, which is one of the few methods that almost never foul hooks a fish.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »

At first I thought it was ok too.

But, this can be found at the end under 'reminders'.

'It is illegal to wilfully foul hook a salmon. If you accidentally foul hook a salmon in the ocean, you can keep it. If you foul hook a salmon, wilfully or accidentally, in any lake or stream, including the tidal parts of coastal streams, you must release it immediately.'

Ambleside would fall into 'tidal part of coastal stream', as would Seymour Mouth. Not sure what Furry Creek would qualify as.

I though that was pretty important.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 08:24:02 AM »

Ambleside would fall into 'tidal part of coastal stream', as would Seymour Mouth. Not sure what Furry Creek would qualify as.

There is a boundary where the coastal stream ends, so to say all of Ambleside is part of a stream is wrong.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »

I guess maybe past the rocky point or whatever. Everyone seems to fish the estuary. I guess it's typically ambiguous. But if an estuary isn't part of a coastal stream, what is?

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »

What is the boundary, btw, how is it marked?

doja

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 09:02:24 AM »

Not sure where you are from, but they always made us pour it out, and stomp and grind buds in to the dirt.

Always took ours from back in the day,  didn't care if we were drinking and driving (not me) they just wanted to jack our stuff  didn't even check for a driver's licenses... Now they just steal from drug dealers/criminals... This is all in the GVRD area.... Also rural areas too now that I think of it...

doja

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »

What is the boundary, btw, how is it marked?

You should be asking,  what is a regulations book and  how do I read it,  lol.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

The boundary between freshwater and saltwater at Ambleside is clearly defined by the bridge, in the regs.

What is the clear boundary between plain old saltwater and 'tidal part of coastal stream'?

As I'm sure you are aware, the regs can appear conflicting in some cases, like the one we're discussing for example.

So, can you help with that?

doja

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »

A coastal stream simply drain into a ocean...  Tidal Fraser seems a fair example as it's a salt mix but clearly tidal as per regulations... A lack of any salt would be a clear line but good luck finding it,  lol.  This is my thoughts.

Ambleside is actually pretty easy thinking about it...  Marine drive where the steep drop is into the salt water (fresh water by def still though I believe)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:20:15 PM by doja »