Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014/15 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 52669 times)

typhoon

• Old Timer

Very cold and icy in the upper at first light.
I fished some nice water and released my largest bull trout at mid-river - thought it was a small steelhead then saw the spots.  No other takedowns and it was very windy.
One guy said he got one at first light. No other sightings.

Humpy

Was out this afternoon, water clarity was great but it was on the high side. Lots of anglers out in the usual spots. Great day on the flow!
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Chromie

Was out for the first time on the vedder yesturday water was nice but high. worked the water and was rewardered with three steelies.

SirCastsAlot

three!!!!! Do you have Aladdin's magic lamp dangling on the end of your rod  ;).. Good job!! I have been out 4 times and still looking for my first steal head. . . They say it is a fish of a thousand casts but I think I am getting closer to the 1500 mark >:(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:15:22 PM by SirCastsAlot »

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

Was out for the first time on the vedder yesturday water was nice but high. worked the water and was rewardered with three steelies.

No picture. it didn't happened. :P

azafai

Three fish, I also  believe that only with picture proves.

Chromie

its not my first time at the rodeo, i do fish for steelhead about four times a week just happens that this was my first time out on the vedder system:)

Chromie

Forgot to mention i had to come back the next day as my boat wasnt ready to be picked up from service. Went to the spot again (hint: above crossing but below tamahi) and managed to hook one in the frist two cast.

another hint i was using shrimp and fishing side channel hope that helps you get positive and get em fish.

DRP79

I want the GPS coordinates of the rock you were standing on damn it! lol

DRP79

Dont forget water temp and level, time of day, what you had for breakfast and what color socks you were wearing.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

And fish move.....

mikeyman

I thought fish swim...

SirCastsAlot

Is it just me or the fish are playing hide and go seek? I was out there a week ago and all the guys I talked to said they haven't really seen anything since high water...I check Freds derby info and nothing has be weighed in since the 17th(Or it just hasn't been posted online?). Anyone hear of any fish being brought in.

Rieber

• Old Timer

Someone better check the Sumas for nets. There might be a reason why no steelhead have been seen recently.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

Heard that rumour as well.
But its all hearsay at the moment.
Folks gotta blame it in something I guess :o