Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014/15 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 52677 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

At the current failure rate, that may just happen. :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibilty improving but not the greatest around 6 to 8 inches.

Humpy

Water was high but clarity was improving this evening. Didn't see many people out.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain again last night.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River condition has been reasonably good. It is still pretty high, but clarity is good, visibility is sitting at 1 to 2 feet and water colour is green. If it doesn't rain too much, it should give people some good opportunities this weekend.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Never seen so many anglers out today, I guess the spring like weather does that. Found nothing but a nice snag this AM.

SirCastsAlot

If it is that crazy today, I bet tomorrow there will be a line up for the river!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

If it is that crazy today, I bet tomorrow there will be a line up for the river!
More rain in the forcast so that could discourage some.

cammer

• I'm a llama!

chris,,was thinking same thing, today was very similar to coho season weekend numbers,,,yes nice day, but far from stellar fishing, decent fishing but not a slam dunk for hook ups. Maybe the fact that the river is fishable in fewer spots than normal?? maybe sockeye hangover>?? maybe good early january ?? but seriously insane,,,,i went back to a "private area" today and when i left there was 10 cars , if i was living in this area and seen 10 cars im sure they might not be too proud and could act out.  I have been fighting for the Chehalis to get the river back to the hatchery so that brood stocking will be easier, it be nice if the chehalis could draw 100 anglers a day to keep both rivers less crowded

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water looked up a tad this AM with a bit of colour, fishing appeared slow as only heard of one caught.

SirCastsAlot

I am going to head out there tomorrow and brave the crowds...Hopefully hike in a little bit and find some nice quiet spots..If anyone is looking for a fishing buddy send me a PM.

Baxta

I fished the upper today, water was beautiful, maybe 3' of vis, steelhead green, but the fish were uncooperative.

Strangely, I didn't run into too many folks at all - many more a couple weekends ago before the rain... For a while I was wondering if I may have been on the wrong river!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Lovely day along the river today after some rain overnight. River remained a bit on the higher side but very fishable. Angling pressure actually seemed lower than weekdays, with the exception that more anglers at the usual popular spots.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Good conditions today but the wind was a problem getting a good drift. Heard of very few fish, I guess they caught them all on the weekend. ;D

Stewie

We walked from crossing to train bridge and didn't sniff a fish.. Captain highliner for dinner it is.