Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014/15 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 52627 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Pictures or it didn't happen :)
You will have to be content to reading The Journal, under fishing reports, later.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River height drop has tapered off a bit but water clarity is excellent IMO, not too clear under the sun.

Britguy

• Old Timer

Check reports for my day out there today

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice conditions and spring like, lost one, was no suicidal like the one from Wednesday. Fishing seemed slow from what I could see, many anglers pounding the runs all day.

DRP79

Beautiful day out there. A lot more people than fish. Hooked and lost what I think was a bull trout. Still could come down a bit for my liking.

Animal Chin

Was out yesterday. Visibility looked to be about 2' to me... no more than that ... Was it about the same today?

I haven't seen many fish landed since the last two rain events myself, and I definitely haven't seen any fish personally since then  :'(.

Can't beat the weather though.

dave c

Started today at peach worked several runs. My buddy had one on briefly then nothing else. Moved to mid river chilliwack side. Came on a lovely run that looked fishy but no love. Headed to upper but river very high and not really fishable. Went down mid river yarrow side. Was working some froggy water about 3 ft deep. Float buries and I think my jig is hung up only to feel a head shake. Had a brief fight then its over.  About 5 drifts later float buries again and bought a wild doe slab to the beach. About 12lbs. Lovely fight with several acrobatics. Wzter was coloring up by days end.

SirCastsAlot

Nice!! Good job,

I was out there on Saturday and didn't even get a nibble.  Was using row sacks and artificial worms was hoping for at least a little tease from something..

A lot of guys said their rods were straight all day....Was mid river just down from the provincial park.

Drewhill

The water was a bit high but nice clarity on saturday. Upper is certainly not seeing the amount of fish we're used to. Been fairly quiet up there all season with the very odd day producing a good number of fish in only certain spots but it seems even last year in a slow year was much more consistent.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:37:50 PM by Drewhill »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were good this AM but heavy rain now. Thinking of writing The Journal, twice in a week? You all know what that means. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Fish are being suicidal again. :o

SirCastsAlot

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Fish are being suicidal again. :o

Call in sick tomorrow  :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Call in sick tomorrow  :)

You've forgotten the official Vedder River steelhead fishing rating scale. No sick days allowed tomorrow because I haven't caught one. :D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

I thought you did ;D My error.