Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dave Was Asking For Some FF News  (Read 13694 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Dave Was Asking For Some FF News
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »

I can see establishments that sell Corona getting picketed now.  Tis the season of giving....Morton is looking for cash.

Hark the White Haired woman sings......Glory to the Go FundMe thing.....

Get a job you bum..bum..bum...bum....My money don't go to thieves you like you...you bum...bum...bum...bum....

Silver fish.....Silver fish.....It's pre-disease outbreak time in BC.....Ring a ling....Her Morton sing.....Soon it will be giving time......

O come all ye little protestors.....open up your pocket books......and give Alex your loot....and don't question herrrr.......

Jingle bells....Morton sells.....Staniford needs a job....Roscovich won't learn Spanish....and farms are here to stay...hey.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

You missed your calling Steve :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »

You missed your calling Steve :D
Sounding like Scrooge. ;D

islanddude

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 09:14:24 AM »

Lets get rid of the wild salmon and then we can cut down whats left of the forest with impunity.
 Build oil piplines.
 Extract minerals and dump the taillings in big ponds and then release some every time the tailing ponds get too full.
 Put industry for waste management right beside the rivers or in their water shed.
 Turn water into a private commodity.
 Sell out water to California,we will make a bundle.
 I forgot to mention the pending TPP trade deal.
 HO,HO. humbug.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »

Lets get rid of the wild salmon and then we can cut down whats left of the forest with impunity.
 Build oil piplines.
 Extract minerals and dump the taillings in big ponds and then release some every time the tailing ponds get too full.
 Put industry for waste management right beside the rivers or in their water shed.
 Turn water into a private commodity.
 Sell out water to California,we will make a bundle.
 I forgot to mention the pending TPP trade deal.
 HO,HO. humbug.
So true, put a lump of coal in their stockings, maybe not the best idea would an atlantic salmon be better? ::)

islanddude

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »

We tried the lump of coal back in the early 80's. We were trying to keep Quinsam Coal from mining in the Quinsam watershed.
 We made a giant paper mache lump of coal and put it in a boat on trailer We went through town with me in the back of the boat with a fishing rod hooked to the lump of coal. But to no avail. I think I still have some pics. I will try to find and down load them.
 These were the days when the Steelhead Society of Campbell river were militant.
 We were still able to participate in capturing brood stock for the various steelhead and trout programs. But alas I guess we were to successfull and the province pushed us to one side so they could hire a more university educated group of complacent lackies.
 I still am trying to get the local hatchery to give me a permit to fish cutthroat brood for them but to no avail. I released some real nice wild brood before the flood.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »

It is  the season of giving: http://www.gofundme.com/isk8bw

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 10:19:01 AM »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »

Following a series of priority-setting workshops with leading academics and science-based research organizations, BC Salmon Farmers Association (BCSFA) are committing $1.5-million to further research about wild and farm-raised salmon and how they interact with the environment.

This funding announcement follows the completion of a series of priority-setting workshops that included 50 participants from academia, independent research institutes, conservation organizations, government and the aquaculture industry. With backgrounds in fish pathology, ecology, population dynamics, oceanography and genomics, these researchers will focus on five key research areas: fish pathogen transmission, salmon migration routes, environmental management, fish health reporting and information sharing.

Dr. Alan Winter, President & CEO, Genome BC, said, "The announcement made today by the BC Salmon Farmer's Association underscores the industry's commitment to research and the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of the industry. Importantly, the funding will allow industry to access existing funding programs such as Genome BC's User Partnership Program (UPP), aimed at translating research with industry partners. Programs such as UPP and the Genomics Applied Partnership Program (GAPP) bring together B.C. researchers and industry partners to address industry specific challenges in a collaborative and practical way.”

http://3blmedia.com/News/BC-Salmon-Farmers-Commit-15-Million-Towards-Furthering-Salmon-Research

Collaboration, partnership, science, research......Not really the focus of Morton anymore it seems.  Probably not a good strategy considering that approach hasn't been working well (seriously).  Much better to strategy to create hysteria amongst the consumer that wild salmon are declining due to salmon farms and that eating farmed salmon is bad for you. No science required - just some good, juicy advertisements in the mainstream media which slag the industry. Personally, I think if someone was really interested in helping wild salmon it would be to give to private organizations like the Pacific Salmon Foundation that actually do things on the ground for wild salmon instead of paying media outlets to run negative advertising that slag industry, but do absolutely nothing for Pacific Salmon on the ground.  Cohen called for more research in many of his recommendations and this is what this $1.5 million helps to address amongst other initiatives already ongoing (i.e. Genome BC/PSF/DFO Fish Health Initiative). It's Morton who is not listening to the Cohen recommendations.  However, if people are willing to give their money to newspapers to run advertisements that's their choice I guess.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:15:44 PM by shuswapsteve »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 06:35:04 PM »

So tell us how you really feel ;) Another great post Steve!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »

Following a series of priority-setting workshops with leading academics and science-based research organizations, BC Salmon Farmers Association (BCSFA) are committing $1.5-million to further research about wild and farm-raised salmon and how they interact with the environment.

This funding announcement follows the completion of a series of priority-setting workshops that included 50 participants from academia, independent research institutes, conservation organizations, government and the aquaculture industry. With backgrounds in fish pathology, ecology, population dynamics, oceanography and genomics, these researchers will focus on five key research areas: fish pathogen transmission, salmon migration routes, environmental management, fish health reporting and information sharing.

Dr. Alan Winter, President & CEO, Genome BC, said, "The announcement made today by the BC Salmon Farmer's Association underscores the industry's commitment to research and the long-term sustainability and competitiveness of the industry. Importantly, the funding will allow industry to access existing funding programs such as Genome BC's User Partnership Program (UPP), aimed at translating research with industry partners. Programs such as UPP and the Genomics Applied Partnership Program (GAPP) bring together B.C. researchers and industry partners to address industry specific challenges in a collaborative and practical way.”

http://3blmedia.com/News/BC-Salmon-Farmers-Commit-15-Million-Towards-Furthering-Salmon-Research

Collaboration, partnership, science, research......Not really the focus of Morton anymore it seems.  Probably not a good strategy considering that approach hasn't been working well (seriously).  Much better to strategy to create hysteria amongst the consumer that wild salmon are declining due to salmon farms and that eating farmed salmon is bad for you. No science required - just some good, juicy advertisements in the mainstream media which slag the industry. Personally, I think if someone was really interested in helping wild salmon it would be to give to private organizations like the Pacific Salmon Foundation that actually do things on the ground for wild salmon instead of paying media outlets to run negative advertising that slag industry, but do absolutely nothing for Pacific Salmon on the ground.  Cohen called for more research in many of his recommendations and this is what this $1.5 million helps to address amongst other initiatives already ongoing (i.e. Genome BC/PSF/DFO Fish Health Initiative). It's Morton who is not listening to the Cohen recommendations.  However, if people are willing to give their money to newspapers to run advertisements that's their choice I guess.
The whole story. http://www.theprovince.com/news/salmon+farmers+funding+research+wild+farmed+fish+interact/10468554/story.html

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »

Of course none of this would be happening without Alex putting the pressure on the last number of years and some say, she has accomplished nothing. ::) As we say here in the Valley "Beaks" they are. ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 08:53:51 AM »

Hey Chris, when you send Almo your next cheque, ask her for a receipt.

Let us know how that goes ... ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »

Hey Chris, when you send Almo your next cheque, ask her for a receipt.

Let us know how that goes ... ;D
Watch for the ads. ;D