Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When Does The Chum Heat Up On The Stave??  (Read 17715 times)

243Pete

Re: When Does The Chum Heat Up On The Stave??
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

For anyone fishing the Stave tomorrow please be careful, a guy from BC hydro came down to warn us about the dam releasing water and that the river will rise over a foot and a half in under a half an hour.  Not sure but me and my buddy saw what looked like one guy trying to figure out a way back crossing the small islands, the areas that used to be only knee deep with slow current had now turned to 3+ with fast heavy current.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 07:48:18 PM »

I was short floating purple/pink bent rods jigs. 15" leader, 25 gram float. Can I email you? I have the spot I went to marked on google maps and could send that to you and maybe you could tell me if that spot is worth fishing. Maybe the bulk of the run is still on the way, this rain should help.

Then it was either location or the tide was too high. Sure send me the map.

mcallagan

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »

I was out there in my boat yesterday on the Stave.
I had just installed a Mac's River Runner as I have a prop and have run aground there a few times.
River is so high that I would have to drag my boat up on 1 of the few islands that is not submerged before the motor would lift.
Really was not a good test for the River Runner.

Water is dark and we had 1 old timer slip off an edge that gave way and into the drink screaming that he couldn't swim.:-[
Someone managed to grab him as he went by and pull him into shore. :D

Thankfully no harm done, he warmed up a bit with some donated coffee and a fire and was back at it in about 45 minutes.
Needless to say, with the high water and the force of, it is pretty dangerous.

I would perhaps suggest if you are wading in and cannot see bottom wear your PFD!
Good Luck out there.