Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 Tidal Fraser River Fall Salmon and Trout Fishery Updates  (Read 52458 times)

Zackattack

Re: 2014 Tidal Fraser River Fall Salmon and Trout Fishery Updates
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »

Its worse than just not knowing when the bait ban is on. Two of them thought it was illegal to have two hooks on my bar rig on the tidal Fraser... And another time on a city tiver they asked me if I had caught any fish, i told them no, then thdy asked if I was sure that I hadnt caught or kept any fish, i told them I was sure. Why not just check my stuff though? They never bothered. Im sure they have a lot on their plates so i do understand. But its kinda scary

What a joke... I like to watch Wild Justice on national geographic to witness real conservation efforts. Not only is our DFO underfunded (dont vote conservative), but that is a perfect example of how even the limited resources we do have aren't being used effectively. We need our federal agencies to work together more also.

TimL

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

Was at Stapleton Landing this afternoon..fished from 2 hours before slack to 2 hours after. Nothing but 4 prickly sculpins (and some other small bites).  Spoons didn't yield anything either. Visibility was around 1.5 to 2 feet. This trip was my first time on the tidal Fraser so I'm slightly happy that I still managed to land something! ;D

poper

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »

It's starting to pick up, caught 2 adults and saw fish caught down the bar today.

ktt

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »

Four hours this afternoon, eleven people, 3 used lures and eight used roe, no fish, not even a bite.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »

I checked the water out today, and there was only 6-8" of visibility at low tide.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »

overnight on the weekend vis went down quite a bit
saw a few fish here n there mid river Fraser tidal

Aurora

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »

I've been out a few times and only had a quick nibble by something small.  I'll bet Rod posted that video to suck me into fishing Fraser thus giving him more room on the chedder. >:(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:37:47 PM by Aurora »

ride604

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »

It overwrites the other bait ban regs.
Thanks for the timely clarification Rodney.  Delayed report, but fished Glen Valley Thursday and Friday.  Thursday night fished Duncan Bar near high tide 1730-1930, no action on bait and the locals said it was very slow there, lots of risers and some jumpers though, including a few sturgeon jumps across the river.  Friday morning fished Poplar Bar low tide 0700-1000, chucked spoons and lost a fish before ID and missed the hookset on a nice hit, not many surface signs but two locals reported success on Tuesdays low tide with two coho landed each.

TimL

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 09:44:04 PM »

Was out at Brownsville Bar earlier today from 11:00 am-6 pm from low slack through flood tide. Lots of small nibbles from bait stealers but no sizable bites. It was crowded when I arrived there so most of the good spots were taken. Most of the action was at low tide- saw quite a number of coho jacks landed. Activity slowed down after 1 or so although there were a couple of good-sized coho landed in the afternoon.

bcguy

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

Fished incoming tide in the Langley/Abby/Mission area for the past week, and found it to be quite slow, if not dead.
Hopefully picks up soon... :o
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »

fish lower fraser just before high tide for 2 hours. one good hit and a coho jack. water vis was good. few rollers. gonna try again tomorrow.

TimL

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »

Was at Brownsville again this morning- fished the outgoing tide this time. Landed (and released) a decent sized wild coho (5-6 lb est.). Action was hot during the outgoing tide with many people landing fish. Most were wild though and saw only 2 hatchery fish caught & retained. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »

I've been out a few times and only had a quick nibble by something small.  I'll bet Rod posted that video to suck me into fishing Fraser thus giving him more room on the chedder. >:(

Guilty as charged. ;D

Looking back at my diary, this fishery (for me) doesn't really pick up until the 10th to 15th of October. It seems like I always have a few fish from these dates each year. Many years ago I used to have success in early November, but the last few years seems to see the fishing dies off around late October.

There seem to be conflicting reports on the water clarity lately. Some are reporting poor, while others are reporting good... If someone can post the clarity by numbers (1ft visibility, 2ft...), that'd be very helpful.

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »

Yesterday evening around Langley it was about 1 foot, maybe a hair more...that was it.

TimL

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 08:29:28 PM »

Definitely less than a foot (8 inches?) out at Brownsville.