Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing stores ruining small systems.  (Read 9885 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing stores ruining small systems.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 05:19:31 AM »

Every time I go fishing, I bring a garbage back with me. It stays in my vest, and when I'm done and the rod is packed up, I pull out the garbage back, fill it up with garbage, and throw it in my truck and head home. I STRONGLY suggest everyone do that too, we live in a beautiful province with world class fishing, and we need to keep it that way. Let the 90% of responsible anglers and good people, make up for the others who aren't.
Great work and so rewarding to see people like you doing this. ;D Lets hope more people take the initiative and do the same.We can and do make a difference and I wonder how many people on this forum do this on the small and other systems they fish?

arimaBOATER

Re: Fishing stores ruining small systems.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »

Chris mentioned about 4 tons of garbage being picked up!
That deserves a "thumbs up".
People that go out & clean the river's edge must also be tidy people. Bet their rooms are neat & tidy as well.
Some tv reporter was doing a feature in Vancouver & he witnessed a parked vehicle & people throwing garbage out the window. Ya know the type ,eat their fast food & out with the containers.
The reporter put the guys on camera & told them to pick up the mess.
They just sped off.
Some years ago we camped with a 16 ft trailer at a Fraser River bar in the Langley area.
Our German Shepard cut it's front paw very badly on some broken glass. Bet it was a beer bottle.
Anyways lots of blood thus wrapped the paw up with cloth & off to the vet.
Fishing trip cut short.

News spreads fast about good fishing on small systems. One guy knows & tells his friend, the friend tells his friends & they in turn do the same.
Bingo in a short time 100s then 1000's know.