Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2062 times)

ByteMe

Suggestions
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »

Coming back to the mainland for Thanksgiving,planning on tossing a fly for coho on the Vedder,after 25 years of being away.I am sure the river has changed,access has changed,hoping some of you can offer some suggestions of where I can go toss a fly for a day for some coho,more for nostalgia reasons,hooking fish is secondary,to be honest,I feel a little intimidated listening to some of today's stories,it was bad even back then.Will my 8wt switch be enough at this time of year,or should I bring his big brother in case of springs and chums?Hoping to stay away from the gong show.................I promise not to low hole anyone ;)
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

MoeJKU

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »

If you used to fish the river a lot there are still the same runs depending on how long ago it was. Looks up the freds vedder river map. It works good  for ideas, i'm sure it will jog your memory. lots of good fly water mid river.

ByteMe

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:57:51 PM »

If you used to fish the river a lot there are still the same runs depending on how long ago it was. Looks up the freds vedder river map. It works good  for ideas, i'm sure it will jog your memory. lots of good fly water mid river.
25yrs is a long time ago,if I remember the name correctly..Slesse Creek Bridge and down,used to fish that area alot,I'll check it out at Fred's,that would be a good starting point,and I'll bring the big rod
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh