Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is FisherBob a Farmed salmon lobbyist?  (Read 14369 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Is FisherBob a Farmed salmon lobbyist?
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »

I work in the hospitality industry and today, a storied emerged about how hotels are posting fake reviews on social media and hotel ranking sites like travelosity.  Some hotels are even hiring companies to do just that.  Yelp recently sued a law firm for posting false reviews on Yelp.

Anyhow, I just looked and FisherBobs posts.  There are 21 pages with 15 comments per page.  I scanned pages 1-5 and 16-21 ie his newest and oldest posts...every single post was related to farmed salmon, disease transmission/lice, Alex Morton, GMOs, etc, etc. 

Not a single fishing report, not a single comment on anything other than issue related to aquaculture....HMMMMMMMMMMMM.  Not even a comment on flossing!?!  ;D

Considering the power of social media and info on the web, I wonder what FisherBob's true motivation are?  Has he made any proclomations as to who he works for? 

Sorry slow day at work! ;)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Is FisherBob a Farmed salmon lobbyist?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »

Well as soon as you see Dave say nice post fishfarmerbob you pretty well know he's a lobbyist. I almost thought he was that AnnieP imposter. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »

Ha,ha he probably is. There are a few around here.

Ian Forbes

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »

I don't know the guy, so I probably should not comment. However, it just highlights how EVERY angler should understand all sides to every discussion. You can have your own personal view points, but it always pays to listen to others. You can always learn something new. Very few issues are totally black or white. Most people who participate in every topic have their own axe to grind or personal interests at stake. The topic could be fish farms, flossing, guiding, private property issues, personal careers or ethics.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »

Well as soon as you see Dave say nice post fishfarmerbob you pretty well know he's a lobbyist. I almost thought he was that AnnieP imposter. ;D
I heard he was Almo's long lost brother ;)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »

I heard he was Almo's long lost brother ;)

That's a possibility too. Would explain all the hush money.

RyanB

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 09:28:39 PM »

I work in the hospitality industry and today, a storied emerged about how hotels are posting fake reviews on social media and hotel ranking sites like travelosity.  Some hotels are even hiring companies to do just that. 

It's called seeding.  Almost every forum has them.

For products, they often recruit a respected poster on a forum and pay him to give positive reviews to their product and counter negative reviews.  These are the most difficult to spot because they are often the people who offer helpful advice.

I don't have a problem with someone from a company offering their opinions, I just prefer they are up front about their motivations.
‘Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard’ - Ron Swanson

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 04:17:35 PM »

He seems unusualy quite about this post.  :-\

brownmancheng

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 05:23:50 PM »

He seems unusualy quite about this post.  :-\

He doesn't know about it Bc he is not interested in fishing. Probably only ever checks fishing related issues & news.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »

He doesn't know about it Bc he is not interested in fishing. Probably only ever checks fishing related issues & news.
You guys make me laugh... Fisherbob doesn't post about catching fish so he isn't an angler??  I fish but you will never read about it in this format.  I recall when a few here said much the same about another poster, Shuswapsteve, and haven't we all learned a lot from him?  I know I have.
Fisherbob does a great job of showing the salmon farming side of this issue, confronting the posts of Chris, af, Nova and TB, offering another side to the story and I appreciate it.
Is he a lobbiest?  Don't know but if not perhaps he should be.

fishbandit66

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 08:02:46 PM »

I think it's a double bluff. If we was a professional lobbyist he wouldn't be doing his job properly if it was so obvious. Doesn't take much time or effort to post in a few other threads if he really is trying to mask his identity.

t-bone

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

How about it Fisherbob?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
http://

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

Nothing like a good, old fashioned testimony from Brother Farmfisherbawb about his conversion from lavishing his millions on the debil, Ms. Morton to the purity of the Feedlots and the rapture of farmed Atlantics. Tell it Brother Bawb! Testify!
 Here's Bawb at a farm fish convention....
(Disclaimer - This post is in humour, and only humour. Any resemblance to Farmfisherbawb are purely coincidental and meant for a mature audience. May cause laughter, mirth, temporary blindness, contusions,hyper extended 3rd distal tendons, allergies to cheese, baldness and an ability to see through baloney and self serving malarkey posts)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=let+the+bodies+hit+the+floor+benny+hinn&sm=1
http://

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

Nothing like a good, old fashioned testimony from Brother Farmfisherbawb about his conversion from lavishing his millions on the debil, Ms. Morton to the purity of the Feedlots and the rapture of farmed Atlantics. Tell it Brother Bawb! Testify!
 Here's Bawb at a farm fish convention....
(Disclaimer - This post is in humour, and only humour. Any resemblance to Farmfisherbawb are purely coincidental and meant for a mature audience. May cause laughter, mirth, temporary blindness, contusions,hyper extended 3rd distal tendons, allergies to cheese, baldness and an ability to see through baloney and self serving malarkey posts)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=let+the+bodies+hit+the+floor+benny+hinn&sm=1

Honestly, Nova, Gooey posed the exact same question that I have wondered about you :) In over 300 posts, 290 have been on the "Fishing related Issues and News" board, and a good many of those on the same thread.